Sign in to follow this  
MarkH2919

Opening Night Ticket Sales

Too bad we don't have an affiliate that has real hockey fans that would be interested in driving a few hours to see the minor leagues during a lockout. Don't expect anyone from New York in the building! They'll just be watching Knicks games!

I know of at least 50 people that have already bought tickets. A lot of people from NY have already said, on Twitter and Facebook, that they have bought or are going to buy tickets for the home opener. I have also seen STH for the Rangers that have bought ST for the Whale. So get your facts straight before speaking. If the Wednesday night preseason game is any indication of how many people are going to be there, I wouldn't be surprised if 10,000+ are going to be there. The were people from NYC at that preseason game.

Biggie1083 wrote:

"I wouldn't be surprised if 10,000+ are going to be there. The were people from NYC at that preseason game."

If this Whale home opener draws 10,000 fans, you have my word that I'll buy a ticket for either a Whale-Bruins or Whale-Checkers (Hurricanes) game, purchase & wear a NY Rangers hat or T-shirt, & cheer every Whale goal.

MarkH2919 wrote:

"10,000 would shock the **** out of me. I'll be totally honest."

You & me both, Mark. But if they do, I will as promised buy & wear something NY Rangers-related to a Whale-Bruins or Checkers game; & cheer for the Whale.

HYMH, it would have to be Whale-Bruins, as the Checkers aren't on the schedule.

The opener last season...drew 8,832.

Finally, for the ticketmaster page, the corners still have plenty of seats available...the sides and the two sections right behind each goal are pretty much gone.

Sections 102-105 have just 21 total seats left.

Sections 109-110 have just 15 total seats left.

Sections 114-117 have just 19 total seats left.

Sections 121-122 have just 71 total seats left.

Each of the other sections has plenty of seats available. By my count, there are still...roughly 1200 seats available downstairs.

And last year's opener was on a Sa****ay. The difference between Friday and Sa****ay attendance, at least in the past two years since I started following, is considerable.

Why? I meet about 20 people from New York, at a preseason game. A lot of the lower bowl at the XL Center is already sold, and there are only six days until the home opener.

If this home opener was on a Sa****ay night, then I think you'd have a fighting chance of seeing 10,000. Considering where the tickets sold number is now...about 5900, you're asking an aw**l lot to get 10,000. I said 7500, and I'm sticking to that.

tiscipa165 wrote:

"And last year's opener was on a Sa****ay. The difference between Friday and Sa****ay attendance, at least in the past two years since I started following, is considerable."

This sounds kind of like an excuse.

Consider, please-It 's the home opener on a weekend night during an NHL lockout in which AEG will apparently be handing out free beer & hot dogs. If they draw six thousand with everything leaning the Rangers way, it'll be somewhat embarr*****ing.

Tackla wrote:

> Too bad we don't have an affiliate that has real hockey fans that would be

> interested in driving a few hours to see the minor leagues during a

> lockout. Don't expect anyone from New York in the building! They'll just

> be watching Knicks games!

Who would that "affiliate" (actually, Hartford is the affiliate) be?

"If they draw six thousand with everything leaning the Rangers way, it'll be somewhat embarr*****ing."

They're at 6000 gone now. So it's a safe guess the number will be, at the very least, between 7,000-7,500.

I still don't see it being much higher than that, and yes, I hope I'm wrong. 10,000 is still a pipe dream, IMO.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "If they draw six thousand with everything leaning the Rangers way,

> it'll be somewhat embarr*****ing."

>

> They're at 6000 gone now. So it's a safe guess the number will be, at the

> very least, between 7,000-7,500.

>

"I still don't see it being much higher than that, and yes, I hope I'm wrong."

Actually, let's hope you're right.

Interesting...the interactive seat finder thing works for all of the other home games...but not for Friday night. All of a sudden...

if anybody needed proof that people from AEG read this board, there it is.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Interesting...the interactive seat finder thing works for all of the other

> home games...but not for Friday night. All of a sudden...

>

> if anybody needed proof that people from AEG read this board, there it is.

As much as i love this team, it does appear things are being handled the same as they were last year.....half-*****ed and shadey. And you guys know how dedicated i am to this team. The season hasnt even started and there are just little things like this ticketmaster thing and the "$2 beer/$1 hot dogs (for a half hour) Selling season ticket packages and THEN anouncing that the upstairs WILL be open. Im still going, hanging with my friends and having a good time but i'll tell ya this. If this keeps up, my **ll season that went to a half season will soon decend again. I know theyll be plenty of deals through the season. im starting to not see the benefit.

If AEG reads this board I hope they use it as a tool to get people to the games rather than a way to cir*****vent.

If the 2dollar beers and 1dollar hotdogs was announced as just during the first half hour of the game that would have been fine, but it came out like an all game thing. You are going to create distrust a Little when you don't lay all the info on the table. With AEG up for sale I am wondering if the team will be less of a concern going forward. There is a lot going on,I'm sure AEG being up for sale must concern the Rangers **ture in Hartford alittle. Where is the lease extension talks. We are nine months away from the expiration. Aw**lly quiet you could here a mouse fart.

If Ranger fans show for the opener because of the lockout I think that's great. Even better if they enjoy it and come back for more.

Last years opener was what 8800?

That was on a Sat, it will be very interesting to see the crowd for the opener. The amount of Whaler fans who bailed because of Howard's ousting and the Ranger fans that may attend due to lock out will maybe cancel each other out.

Well, the last time I checked (which was over the weekend), the number was just over 5900. I'm still holding to my 7500 number. Anything higher, in my eyes, would be a bonus.

By the way, if BurkeIsDumb is hanging around, maybe he can answer why all of a sudden people can't buy tickets with the interactive seat finder for Opening Night? You can buy tickets for any other Whale home game by using the seat finder...not Opening Night.