Sign in to follow this  
MarkH2919

Opening Night Ticket Sales

MarkH2919 wrote:

"I got nothing. Our "friends" at AEG decided on Monday to take away the interactive seat thingy, so I couldn't do another count."

That seems odd, as AEG has otherwise always done what's best for Hartford & Whale fans.

I also noticed that when I asked BurkeIsALoser to give me a reason why the interactive seat finder hasn't been active all week, he magically disappeared.

There isn't a doubt in my mind he works for AEG, and there isn't a doubt in my mind he's the one that got the seat finder thing turned off. God forbid there should be people that actually give a crap about this market and how the team in this market does at the box office.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> I also noticed that when I asked BurkeIsALoser to give me a reason why the

> interactive seat finder hasn't been active all week, he magically

> disappeared.

>

> There isn't a doubt in my mind he works for AEG, and there isn't a doubt in

> my mind he's the one that got the seat finder thing turned off. God forbid

> there should be people that actually give a crap about this market and how

> the team in this market does at the box office.

I dont want to jinx anything here.... but do you notice who else hasnt been on in about two months?

"I dont want to jinx anything here.... but do you notice who else hasnt been on in about two months?"

I don't want to jinx anything here either, but I absolutely know who you're referring to.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "I dont want to jinx anything here.... but do you notice who else

> hasnt been on in about two months?"

>

> I don't want to jinx anything here either, but I absolutely know who you're

> referring to.

Yeah, Howard Baldwin. It'd be great if they brought him back though on opening night, the way Steinbrenner used to do when he brought back Billy Martin every time he fired Martin.

How cool would that be? :) Baldwin walks out to center ice as the announcer states that he's being re-hired.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> MarkH2919 wrote:

> > "I dont want to jinx anything here.... but do you notice who else

> > hasnt been on in about two months?"

> >

> > I don't want to jinx anything here either, but I absolutely know who you're

> > referring to.

>

> Yeah, Howard Baldwin. It'd be great if they brought him back though on opening night,

> the way Steinbrenner used to do when he brought back Billy Martin every time he fired

> Martin.

>

> How cool would that be? :) Baldwin walks out to center ice as the announcer states

> that he's being re-hired.

Um, yeah, thats what i meant. is it 5:07 yet?

MarkH2919 wrote:

> I don't think that is who anti-bruins had in mind.

>

> I think he was referring to this board.

you know exactly who i mean. Dont speak his name(or number)

It looks like the Rangers will be live streaming the game on BlueShirtsUnited.com. So, if you can't make it to the game, you can still watch it online for free.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> It looks like the Rangers will be live streaming the game on

> BlueShirtsUnited.com. So, if you can't make it to the game, you can still

> watch it online for free.

Thats F%^king Awesome

Tonight we get to see if AEG will blend together Whaler tradition with WolfPack tradition. The way it should have been when Howard took over. Not all WolfPack, not all Whalers. Just a compromise to acknowledge both sides of the fan base.

PS.

Let's Go O's!

Whale2WOLF wrote:

"Tonight we get to see if AEG will blend together Whaler tradition with WolfPack tradition. The way it should have been when Howard took over. Not all WolfPack, not all Whalers. Just a compromise to acknowledge both sides of the fan base."

Like the compromise MSG made when they came here, got rid of everything Whalers, gave their unwanted team a nonsensical name, put them in Rangers jerseys, then did almost nothing for years after while giving not a whit for Hartford?

Comparing the Whalers fan base to the Wolf * Pack "fan base" is one of the **nniest things written here in awhile.

Go Yankees, & Go Sound Tigers/Islanders.

"Tonight we get to see if AEG will blend together Whaler tradition with WolfPack tradition. The way it should have been when Howard took over. Not all WolfPack, not all Whalers. Just a compromise to acknowledge both sides of the fan base."

I have to be honest. I don't ever want to see the words "WolfPack" and "tradition" used together in the same sentence again unless you're talking about North Carolina State.

True, two wrongs do not make a right. I truly do feel that MSG should have given the team some Whalers flavor. But I also believe MSG was not trying to be harsh, simply trying to turn the page. People were angry the Whalers left. They didn't use Rangers blue when they came here they used a navy.

I am not trying to compare the Whalers fan base to the WolfPack fan base. When it comes to caring about the NHL, Whaler fans are far more superior. When it comes to caring about the AHL the WolfPack/Whale are far more superior. The problem with everything Whalers is we don't have the NHL we have the AHL. But why do you care you support crackport. They could play the Br***** Bonanza all night long at Whale games and your still a sound tiger fan, just like when it was the WolfPack. The rebrand didn't do anything for you.

user name: hartfordyourmyhome. what a joke......

Tiscipa Looking at Sunday's map, it's quite evident the season ticket base is right at or lower than Howard's last season. So much for the aggressive marketing plan that was promised.

What he said!

AEG "We are going to market the **** out of this team."

(Unless we get put up for sale). I think having the company on the block changed that thought.

Antibruins I say again, lighten up Francis. feel free to name that movie.(for some of you older guys)

Honestly the only thing that comes to mind with a guy named Francis is 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure'

anti_bruins wrote:

> I say again, lighten up Francis. feel free to name that movie.(for some of

> you older guys)

AB (and you too Evo)

That would be Stripes

Ahhhhh Stripes. I wouldn't have gotten it.

I tried to watch the Whale game through BSUnited and guess what?

Didn't work!

I am not surprised. Wish it did. In Vegas currently you can bet Preseason and WNBA but not the AHL