Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Monizzle145 wrote:

> "Which is why the NHL has more strict criteria for moving a team to a

> new city."

>

> Huh? Karmanos moved the Whalers out of Hartford before he even new where it

> was going. Tampa Bay & Ottawa got their teams because theirs were the

> owners who were actually willing to pay the NHL's huge expansion fee

> requirement. "Strict Criteria." Thanks for the laugh.

notice i was talking about post expansion since i was talking about the thrashers. Yes owners in those situations wanted to pay those fees nevertheless look at how many teams have made long distance moves in the past 5 years....one team.

Monizzle145 wrote:

> but supporting the AHL is the only hope for any type of consideration for the NHL.

> That and building a new arena. You cant tell the NHL "well if we had the NHL we

> promise well show up!" And the whole building a new arena thing is not even

> close to being possible due to the lack of governmental and taxtapayer support for a

> new venue. If we were such a great hockey market there would be more outcry for a new

> arena like quebec but there is not.

LOL yea PHX, ATL, ETC. had a great AHL track record, please spare me. Your argument is so weak. Once again Qc is hockey crazed they eat, sleep and breath it, not every market needs to be carbon copy of a Canadian market (even though that be ideal).

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Quebec had 1,100 people, on buses, to drive 9 and a half hours for a game

> on Long Island. Whalers fans couldn't even get 100 people to go a game 2

> and a half hour away. And people wonder why no one talks about Hartford

> getting a team. There are a lot of other places ahead of Hartford.

Biggie your so obtuse (in more ways than one) ST** about this. It was a kid from Hofstra who was going to a Islanders game who decided to "try" and put together a Whalers rally in a month's time with no advertising other than an event page made on Facebook. How about you look at this for a true representation of interest in holding a true Whalers rally

And also remember that Qc had multiple radio stations help put together that event and promote it. Edited by Guest

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Monizzle145 wrote:

>

> > but supporting the AHL is the only hope for any type of consideration for the

> NHL.

> > That and building a new arena. You cant tell the NHL "well if we had the

> NHL we

> > promise well show up!" And the whole building a new arena thing is not even

> > close to being possible due to the lack of governmental and taxtapayer support

> for a

> > new venue. If we were such a great hockey market there would be more outcry for

> a new

> > arena like quebec but there is not.

>

> LOL yea PHX, ATL, ETC. had a great AHL track record, please spare me. Your argument

> is so weak. Once again Qc is hockey crazed they eat, sleep and breath it, not every

> market needs to be carbon copy of a Canadian market (even though that be ideal).

for the 900th time those were different times than now. The nhl is done moving teams to places with sticky situations and so or gms and owners. They wanna know they will have support and success and a new arena. And notice all those markets were south or west. Name an expansion team in the last 10 years in the north east? Mid Atlantic? Anyone aynone? lol quebec is one of the biggest hockey cities without a team. They are literally building a new arena without a garuntee of a pro team that would never happen in CT.

Monizzle145 wrote:

> Whaleofatime wrote:

> > Monizzle145 wrote:

> >

> > > but supporting the AHL is the only hope for any type of consideration for

> the

> > NHL.

> > > That and building a new arena. You cant tell the NHL "well if we had

> the

> > NHL we

> > > promise well show up!" And the whole building a new arena thing is not

> even

> > > close to being possible due to the lack of governmental and taxtapayer

> support

> > for a

> > > new venue. If we were such a great hockey market there would be more outcry

> for

> > a new

> > > arena like quebec but there is not.

> >

> > LOL yea PHX, ATL, ETC. had a great AHL track record, please spare me. Your

> argument

> > is so weak. Once again Qc is hockey crazed they eat, sleep and breath it, not

> every

> > market needs to be carbon copy of a Canadian market (even though that be ideal).

>

Name an expansion team in the last 10 years in the north east? Mid Atlantic?

> Anyone aynone?

Um there hasn't been ANY expansion in the last decade, dope. We sure have some uneducated trolls on here. Monizzle it might be time for you to go back to the 5th grade, there bud. Or at least spell check and use google to try and help strengthen your "arguments"

Biggie1083 wrote:

"Quebec had 1,100 people, on buses, to drive 9 and a half hours for a game on Long Island. Whalers fans couldn't even get 100 people to go a game 2 and a half hour away. And people wonder why no one talks about Hartford getting a team. There are a lot of other places ahead of Hartford."

I know you're smarter than this, Rangie. Quebec fans went to an NHL game on Long Island to make a specific point about the NHL. That's nothing like Whalers' fans driving an hour & a half on a Wednesday night to an AHL game to watch a team they not only can't stand, but hope will soon leave.

You will say anything at all you can think of to justify keeping a team here whose time in this market has long p*****ed.

I absolutely believe that if Glen Sather call you yourself & said, "Listen, Rangie. The Flordida Pathers have called us to say they will definately relocate to Hartford. We told them we'll leave, but it's up to you." You'd tell him to tell Florida "Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather keep the Wolf * Pack here."

Edited by Guest

Biggie, I've said it before, I'll say it again YOU ARE A TROLL. THE VERY DEFINITION. You're not a Whalers fan, yet you're on a WHALERS message board, you support AEG/MSG and continually throw cold water on any idea of the return of the NHL at every single turn (which is the whole point of this board). I feel very sorry for you and frankly I'm sick of seeing you post on here, I'll be blocking you and I hope everyone else that's sick of this d1ckheads act will follow suit. What's worse about you is you try and act coy as if you're not a troll when everyone here knows you most defiantly are. GTFO!

Edited by Guest

Whaleofatime wrote:

> >

>

> Um there hasn't been ANY expansion in the last decade, dope. We sure have some

> uneducated trolls on here. Monizzle it might be time for you to go back to the 5th

> grade, there bud. Or at least spell check and use google to try and help strengthen

> your "arguments"

That is my point excatly lol you cant name a team in the last 10 years that moved to the northeast. And if you comprehend the word expansion you would realize it means to expand not to clog up regions you already have sectioned off. That is why the nhl put teams in markets down south and out west. But now there is a point where some of those teams failed. So now they are going to credible candidates such as winnipeg who gets a second chance because of how they supported hockey of all kinds. Now you have places like quebec in better position than hartford. why? because they actually care about hockey in any form. Untill we can genuinely show hartford cares about hockey (and not the fad that has become whalers gear) were not going to have a chance to get a failing team that needs to move to a different market. but please let me know how my reasoning is wrong haha.

Monizzle145 wrote:

> Whaleofatime wrote:

>

>

> > >

> >

> > Um there hasn't been ANY expansion in the last decade, dope. We sure have some

> > uneducated trolls on here. Monizzle it might be time for you to go back to the

> 5th

> > grade, there bud. Or at least spell check and use google to try and help

> strengthen

> > your "arguments"

>

> That is my point excatly lol you cant name a team in the last 10 years that moved to

> the northeast. And if you comprehend the word expansion you would realize it means to

> expand not to clog up regions you already have sectioned off. That is why the nhl put

> teams in markets down south and out west. But now there is a point where some of

> those teams failed. So now they are going to credible candidates such as winnipeg who

> gets a second chance because of how they supported hockey of all kinds. Now you have

> places like quebec in better position than hartford. why? because they actually care

> about hockey in any form. Untill we can genuinely show hartford cares about hockey

> (and not the fad that has become whalers gear) were not going to have a chance to get

> a failing team that needs to move to a different market. but please let me know how

> my reasoning is wrong haha.

Um dumba$$ I never said Hartford was an expansion candidate I've always taken the stance that the only route would be through relocation, so you're not making any specific point. And yet again obviously there's no North East expansion when the league hasn't expanded anywhere in almost 12 years, so...

Edited by Guest

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > Quebec had 1,100 people, on buses, to drive 9 and a half hours for a game

> > on Long Island. Whalers fans couldn't even get 100 people to go a game 2

> > and a half hour away. And people wonder why no one talks about Hartford

> > getting a team. There are a lot of other places ahead of Hartford.

>

> Biggie your so obtuse (in more ways than one) ST** about this. It was a kid from

> Hofstra who was going to a Islanders game who decided to "try" and put

> together a Whalers rally in a month's time with no advertising other than an event

> page made on Facebook. How about you look at this for a true representation of

> interest in holding a true Whalers rally

>

And also remember that Qc had

> multiple radio stations help put together that event and promote it.

I wasn't talking about that one. I was talking about the one started by "My NHL Includes Hartford" and "Hartford Whalers Nation". They maybe got 150 people. "Once again Qc is hockey crazed they eat, sleep and breath it, not every market needs to be carbon copy of a Canadian market (even though that be ideal)." They don't but it sure does help. "And also remember that Qc had multiple radio stations help put together that event and promote it." That what I'm trying to say. Would any radio or tv station around he even try to set up something like this? You keep saying how great the Whalers fanbase is here, but I just don't see it. Also, HYMH, this Whalers trip was for an Islanders game, too.

Okay, this is a tale of two trolls.

Rangie is an ummovable Rangers fan, who'll say anything to support the Rags being here regardless of how out of the way his argurment needs to be to make some semblance of a point.

Monizzle just really doesn't know much about what he's talking about.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I wasn't talking about that one. I was talking about the one started by "My NHL

> Includes Hartford" and "Hartford Whalers Nation". They maybe got 150

> people. "Once again Qc is hockey crazed they eat, sleep and breath it, not every

> market needs to be carbon copy of a Canadian market (even though that be

> ideal)." They don't but it sure does help. "And also remember that Qc had

> multiple radio stations help put together that event and promote it." That what

> I'm trying to say. Would any radio or tv station around he even try to set up

> something like this? You keep saying how great the Whalers fanbase is here, but I

> just don't see it. Also, HYMH, this Whalers trip was for an Islanders game, too.

Biggie NEVER did Whaler Nation (ran by HB ) or My NHL Includes Hartford ever stage a Whalers trip so you're very con**sed, as I've said the one you're talking about was a slapshot effort from a Hofstra student (worked with Islanders) who decided 1 month away from the game to try and put together a Whalers rally.

> Okay, this is a tale of two trolls.

>

> Rangie is an ummovable Rangers fan, who'll say anything to support the Rags

> being here regardless of how out of the way his argurment needs to be to

> make some semblance of a point.

>

> Monizzle just really doesn't know much about what he's talking about.

At least Biggies posts are not typo filled ramblings.

HYMH, if the Panthers wanted to move here, I would help the Whale pack up. I never said I don't want the NHL. I just don't think it's plauseable without a lot of key elements. Until Hartford gets their ducks in order, I don't think it will happen.

My NHL Includes Hartford was gauging support for a rally that would be have been held at the end of this NHL season (which might not happen for obvious reasons) and that has over 400 RSVP's already.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> HYMH, if the Panthers wanted to move here, I would help the Whale pack up.

> I never said I don't want the NHL. I just don't think it's plauseable

> without a lot of key elements. Until Hartford gets their ducks in order, I

> don't think it will happen.

Is it **n to be a pessimist?

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” ― Winston Churchill

“A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it.” ― George Bernard Shaw

“Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us.” ― Stephen Colbert

Biggie1083 wrote:

"HYMH, if the Panthers wanted to move here, I would help the Whale pack up. I never said I don't want the NHL. I just don't think it's plauseable without a lot of key elements. Until Hartford gets their ducks in order, I don't think it will happen."

Rangie, I don't mean what you'd tell us in a response post.

I meant that if Glen Sather called you specifically, & told you it was up to you yourself whether the AHL CT Whale relocates for an NHL team to come to Hartford, or keep their AHL team here-& they would never disclose that you made the call on it- that you would without hesitation opt to keep the AHL Rangers here.

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> "HYMH, if the Panthers wanted to move here, I would help the Whale

> pack up. I never said I don't want the NHL. I just don't think it's

> plauseable without a lot of key elements. Until Hartford gets their ducks

> in order, I don't think it will happen."

>

> Rangie, I don't mean what you'd tell us in a response post.

>

> I meant that if Glen Sather called you specifically, & told you it was

> up to you yourself whether the AHL CT Whale relocates for an NHL team to

> come to Hartford, or keep their AHL team here-& they would never

> disclose that you made the call on it- that you would without hesitation

> opt to keep the AHL Rangers here.

Hey how could you blame him though? The tickets are much, much cheaper!

Whaleofatime wrote:

> My NHL Includes Hartford was gauging support for a rally that would be have

> been held at the end of this NHL season (which might not happen for obvious

> reasons) and that has over 400 RSVP's already.

which would be a cool event to have downtown but again untill something like this happens things aren't going to change...and from what i have seen downtown going to games and talking to people in the area things aren't getting better. believe me ill be and have been a person who goes to these events from minor league games to whale bowls but i just don't see that many people that genuinely care thats all im saying. Not to mention there isnt anything close to be done toward a new arena.

I'm the biggest pro-Whalers lunatic going, but I have to admit that Hartford doesn't seem to be a huge hockey area beyond the 5000 to possibly 10000 diehards like us who are split between Whalers/Whale/Pack/etc etc. UConn badmitton could get a new suburban arena, corporate sponsorship, blah blah, but hockey downtown? No one besides us gives a *****. Not saying it ****s, but this is what it is. In a way we're probably lucky to have what we have at all. Sorry guys, this state doesn't seem to be too much of a hockey hotbed. Suburbs and chain restaurants and bandwagons? Place has got it covered. NHL? I wish it was.

How about whaler fest biggie, or Francis dineen and Samuelson retires number night, you just don't want to see it but its there for you...as far as monizzle, you are just out the and all over the place and make no sense.. There has been no expansion anywhere.. One team moved and beleive me many more will follow.. And I ask you if you can't put Hartford in the top 5 relocation locations you are definatley someone who does not know anything. How about the piece that was done on versus, they even think hartford should get a team back..the NHL is in trouble because of the failed southern movement and this includes pk who is still losing money amazingly along with 21 other teams you idiot..

Brother..seven screens of blah. It's amazing how long some of you can go on.

>>>Still think Hartford is too small,... Perhaps Howard saw that the down sizing of arenas that were in the market and thought the XL could be molded into this new era of smaller arenas.<<<

The XL is too small for this market and Baldwin is not that smart and there is no "new era of smaller arenas". Winnipeg is an anomaly with a billionaire owner. Brooklyn is part of the largest TV market in the US. That alone offsets any perceived dearth of seats.

>>>At least, Baldwin would need someone with a lot of money to invest in him and Hartford, before anyone would even think about moving a team back here.<<<

He would also need people with sshort memories.

>>>Baldwin needed support from the media, Uconn, the city and the state but that didn't happen because Hartford is happy not being a rising star, there happy being just a meteor.<<<

Maybe people figured out that Howard Baldwin is an unethical phony and not worth the time. By the way, has he paid his bills yet???

I would gather one of the main reasons why Charles Wang would move to Brooklyn is he does not have to worry about footing the bill for a new arena. That probably saves him at least $100 mil right there. The rent he would pay would be more than offset by the broadcasting deals he has now and will have in the **ture in this location. On that front I don't know how long his MSG deal runs but I would gather that when it is up the price will go up with the possibility of YES wanting to add hockey to its Yankees and Nets deals. But that of course is speculation.

The team will still be called Islanders which makes sense since Brooklyn is on Long Island but the logo would have to be updated a little.

http://deadspin.com/5954674/the-islanders-claim-theyll-keep-the-old-logo-when-they-move-to-brooklyn-but-theres-something-very-wrong-with-it-now

There are definitely issues with the arena since for some reason it was not originally designed for hockey. Here is an analysis of that issue:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/10/24/3549740/new-york-islanders-brooklyn-barclays-center-seating-chart-hockey

Finally here is Neil deMause of Field of Schemes on this topic along with his live blog of the presser:

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2012/10/24/3999/islanders-announce-25-year-ironclad-lease-in-brooklyn-starting-in-2015/

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/10/holy_crap_the_i.php

To sum up this has no bearing on Hartford at all. This place is still too small and too divided and too uninterested for the NHL. It also has too many people who still think Howard Baldwin is worth their attention.

VINCECT Maybe people figured out that Howard Baldwin is an unethical phony and not worth the time. By the way, has he paid his bills yet???

Maybe..... just maybe, if you actually did some research for once and did it objectively, (I know I am asking a ton from you here) you would know the answer to this.