> number night, you just don't want to see it but its there for you...as far

> as monizzle, you are just out the and all over the place and make no

> sense.. There has been no expansion anywhere.. One team moved and beleive

> me many more will follow.. And I ask you if you can't put Hartford in the

> top 5 relocation locations you are definatley someone who does not know

> anything. How about the piece that was done on versus, they even think

> hartford should get a team back..the NHL is in trouble because of the

> failed southern movement and this includes pk who is still losing money

> amazingly along with 21 other teams you idiot..

it doesn't matter what versus thinks and they are a little biased seeing they have the NBCSN partially in CT. A few teams might move but they won't move to hartford. Not when quebec already has an arena going up and we still aren't close to having a new facility big or small. Who is paying for the arena? And how many fans will put money down for season tickets in advance if we even almost had a chance. Not to mention CT politicians are not trying to p***** legislation and work toward getting the NHL back and they won't for the near **ture.No arena, no consistent fan support of hockey, and no government support = no NHL in hartford in the next quarter century.

But again let me know how were a viable market with no new arena and fickle fan support

Edited by Guest

I guess Bettman saying Hartford can have a team means nothing either.. If Hartford gets going in the right direction they will be a top relocation spot.. Versus now NBC network is a NHL channel its not small time biased to Connecticut channel, it's a national tv channel.. You should put more effort into getting your facts straight..

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> I guess Bettman saying Hartford can have a team means nothing either.. If

> Hartford gets going in the right direction they will be a top relocation

> spot.. Versus now NBC network is a NHL channel its not small time biased to

> Connecticut channel, it's a national tv channel.. You should put more

> effort into getting your facts straight..

Speaking of getting facts straight its the NBC sports network not the nbc network lol i never said the NBCSN was not a national network i just said that they are partially based in CT. I never said it was a regional network. But between your knit picking and consistent whinning about what betman said the word could you still havent shown how the nhl will come back lol. We have no new arena and politically things are working against getting that done. And again i add that the overall hartford community isnt eager to have an NHL team. Sure if a team magically came tommorrow people would support but that wont happen. You need allot more action behind the wishes which isn't happening in hartford. Sadly the public has moved on from the once greater bring the whalers back movement and gone on to root for other teams like the bruins and rangers.

And i ask you yet again hows the construction on the new arena we need to even be considered?

Make up your mind, we can't or can support a team, you contradict yourself again.. Like j said if you read my posts, if everything falls together it can happen and Bettman said so.. Your whole argument is being able to support a team but you just stated we will.. As far as an arena, we have a plan out there and it's fine to get an NHL team back, and hope**lly next year MSG and aeg will be out and we can start building the market and show how much Hartford and Connecticut could be a part of the NHL like we were before

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Make up your mind, we can't or can support a team, you contradict yourself

> again.. Like j said if you read my posts, if everything falls together it

> can happen and Bettman said so.. Your whole argument is being able to

> support a team but you just stated we will.. As far as an arena, we have a

> plan out there and it's fine to get an NHL team back, and hope**lly next

> year MSG and aeg will be out and we can start building the market and show

> how much Hartford and Connecticut could be a part of the NHL like we were

> before

I am saying we can't support a team due to the lack of enthusiasm by the Hartford area.I am just saying that if we had more support from the area then it would be possible to have a better shot but that will not change anytime soon. And lets be honest there is no plan for a new arena neither is there **nding for that and i don't see that changing anytime soon. And you cant build a hockey market by loosing yet another team from the area. My whole argument isnt based off the mindset of bettman totally it is based off multiple things you cant seem to explain such as who is paying for this arena. But betman is saying allot of things but his actions are showing he doesn't want to bring a new franchise to hartford or the northeast. Its too cramped with teams already.

"I am saying we can't support a team due to the lack of enthusiasm by the Hartford area"

I am so sick and *****ing tired of hearing this.

12,000+ average attendance over 18 mostly losing seasons, some of them among the worst in recent NHL history. A glorified trading card show 13 years later with old Whalers in attendance draws 4700 in the dog days of summer. The rebrand night draws 13,089. The outdoor game had 21,000+ tickets sold/distibuted/whatever.

A new Hartford Whalers would draw very well, and if the team is competitive...not good...but just competitive, on a year-in and year-out basis, there will be plenty of people to go to games.

"But betman is saying allot of things but his actions are showing he doesn't want to bring a new franchise to hartford or the northeast. Its too cramped with teams already."

Yet he has told anybody willing to listen that if Hartford had it's collective ducks in a row that we'd be front-runners to get a team. Oh, and if it's too cramped, why was Bettman so happy about the Islanders STAYING in the Northeast?

WHALEOFATIME

"Reality is more than half the teams in the NHL cannot turn a profit and some can't even find owners. Reality is the NHL WILL expand to 32 teams. Personally I don't see more than 8 teams (1/4) in Canada under Bettman so who's that leave? Seattle, Qc, KC, Houston. Two teams in Texas is not going to happen, a team in Kansas City is very dicey, same with Las Vegas. So Seattle and Quebec City are the 2, what happens with the franchises in PHX, OH and FLA? One of them if not two will be on the move in the next 5-10 years. If Hartford can find a solution for the XL Center we instantly move ahead of KC, LV and Houston, so yes the **ture is reality bud. The NHL is in a stage of transition, rumblings of 2 expansion teams, Isles to Brooklyn, ATL to WPG, this scenario is not out of the realm of probability. The Whalers brand is a very attractive/iconic brand, regionally and nationally, there's more $ to be made with Hartford in the league than a FL, OH or PHX, period."

I couldnt have summed up things as well as this. I thought this is right on with everything I am hearing and have been hearing a lot lately.

Moonizzle Since when was winnipeg in the northeast? Betman doesnt want more teams in the

> northeast he wants to expand to the central and west and south. Winnipeg isn't a city

> hated by the comissioner and they had a sucess**l AHL attendance and new arena which

> pleased betman. Stop trolling and face reality lol.

Moonizzle has said some crazy things. First off when has Bettman ever said he wants less teams in the northeast? I think this is more like your opinion.

Also when has Bettman ever said he hated Hartford? More opinion.

We have heard Bettman give our own Citys Mayor a tip on how to get the NHL back. Bettman told our Mayors COO that to get the NHL back you need a guy like Howard Baldwin. And we have him back and MOONIZZLE there will be Whaler fan fests and Whaler Bowls to come. Thats not going away.

Look Hartford is a high maintenance fan city is it worthy to have fans like that, no not at all but thats how they are, it takes national attention to get Hartford to come out. When UConn bball stunk the crowds in the XL were a joke but when they started winning NATIONAL TITLES suddenly it was a bonanza of UConn enthusiasm, it happened again when the Football team got intot he top 25.

With those models already complete if You put an NHL team in Hartford and it will draw.

13K, 21k and 5k dont come out for events just because. All three of those numbers came out for one reason and that was because there was a Hartford Whalers tie in. People showing up in those numbers for a 'remember when' team 15 years gone that right there shows how wrong you are about the fan support in this area.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "I am saying we can't support a team due to the lack of enthusiasm by

> the Hartford area"

>

> I am so sick and *****ing tired of hearing this.

>

> 12,000+ average attendance over 18 mostly losing seasons, some of them

> among the worst in recent NHL history. A glorified trading card show 13

> years later with old Whalers in attendance draws 4700 in the dog days of

> summer. The rebrand night draws 13,089. The outdoor game had 21,000+

> tickets sold/distibuted/whatever.

>

> A new Hartford Whalers would draw very well, and if the team is

> competitive...not good...but just competitive, on a year-in and year-out

> basis, there will be plenty of people to go to games.

>

> "But betman is saying allot of things but his actions are showing he

> doesn't want to bring a new franchise to hartford or the northeast. Its too

> cramped with teams already."

>

> Yet he has told anybody willing to listen that if Hartford had it's

> collective ducks in a row that we'd be front-runners to get a team. Oh,

> and if it's too cramped, why was Bettman so happy about the Islanders

> STAYING in the Northeast?

lol relax relax you know just as well as i know betman was happy the isles are in an historic area such as brooklyn and are finally out of that crappy arena that was old and outadated. and just like long island we are nowhere close to getting a new arena. likewise 12K in the 90's was great for a mediocre below par team but its the 2000s where a ticket to a pro event costs an arm and a leg were not getting 12K averaged in hartford. Enthsiam does matter not just 1 time a year for a big event where people wish and hope a team will come back. But constant pressure on political figures and businesses to have them buy into doing something about bringing the NHL which doesn't exist in hartford.

Whalevolution wrote:

> Moonizzle Since when was winnipeg in the northeast? Betman doesnt want more teams in

> the

> > northeast he wants to expand to the central and west and south. Winnipeg isn't a

> city

> > hated by the comissioner and they had a sucess**l AHL attendance and new arena

> which

> > pleased betman. Stop trolling and face reality lol.

>

> Moonizzle has said some crazy things. First off when has Bettman ever said he wants

> less teams in the northeast? I think this is more like your opinion.

> Also when has Bettman ever said he hated Hartford? More opinion.

>

But at the end of the day malloy is more focused on a busway then an arena. Baldwin one of the only people that was working toward bringing a team back still owes money from the whale bowl (and there will not be another whale bowl untill he pays people back) and our attendance for hockey games at the XL is low. Yes a top contender hockey team in hartford would draw well. But we wont get an NHL team untill fans show up consistently to AHL hockey in hartford. If i am wrong about fan support for hockey in hartford then why is the XL center empty? Yes its an inferior product but if hartford was a true hockey outlet there is not reason why attendance should be so low as it is.

monizelle has echoed my posts on several points: lack of hockey interest, political support, corporate support, and a small market as well. markh & co can live in their dream world for the rest of their pathetic lives, but if reality ever prevails mark will probably commit suicide or spend the rest of his live in that "Home" on the hill. You can not reason with delusion people.

Hay, How about having a **nd raiser like a cake sale? mark & company could set it up in the smoking section. That just might get the puck rolling.

TOPCAT monizelle has echoed my posts on several points: lack of hockey interest, political support, corporate support, and a small market as well. markh & co can live in their dream world for the rest of their pathetic lives, but if reality ever prevails mark will probably commit suicide or spend the rest of his live in that "Home" on the hill. You can not reason with delusion people.

Your right we cant deal with delusional people who cant read or write. The only truth here about this discussion is You are making calls from your couch while the ones you mock are actually out doing things about Hockey in Hartford and are have their ear much closer to the ground than you do. Right there, off the bat, your already on the outside and thats why your opinions fall on deaf ears.

"but its the 2000s where a ticket to a pro event costs an arm and a leg were not getting 12K averaged in hartford."

Connecticut is one of the richest states in this country. I realize ticket prices will be expensive, but it's also the NHL, not the AHL. This is another lame excuse. You, like everyone else here, can't predict the **ture. Going on past numbers in relation to their on-ice performance, if the team is competitive, they drew very well...there is no reason to believe that would not be the case again.

Monizzle and top cat, maybe they're brothers? One thing for sure, their combined IQ doesn't equal Joel Quenneville's uniform number.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "but its the 2000s where a ticket to a pro event costs an arm and a

> leg were not getting 12K averaged in hartford."

>

> Connecticut is one of the richest states in this country. I realize ticket

> prices will be expensive, but it's also the NHL, not the AHL. This is

> another lame excuse. You, like everyone else here, can't predict the

> **ture. Going on past numbers in relation to their on-ice performance, if

> the team is competitive, they drew very well...there is no reason to

> believe that would not be the case again.

>

> Monizzle and top cat, maybe they're brothers? One thing for sure, their

> combined IQ doesn't equal Joel Quenneville's uniform number.

just because someone has income doesn't mean they are going to blow it on hockey season tickets though. In that case since everyone is so rich we should get the private sector and weathy people like in the new san fran football stadium or seattle arena together so we can get hockey back! oh wait...wait.....thats not going to happen. The reason why is people with money (outside baldwin) in this area do not care about the whalers enough to get something going to get them back. Mark i think your IQ while very high is in never never land. And if i had such a low IQ then there would be a pro team right now downtown waiting for a lockout.

We should be following the equation that restored Winnipeg to the NHL and get rid of the AHL by supporting it. Let me reiterate the fact that I have Bleed Green and my scars run deep and this thing with the Rangers never existed when the Whalers were in the league and THAT IS A FACT. If it was then we must have been following different teams. All Whaler Fans should go shoulder to shoulder and at least go down fighting and at least take our building back. The word Coward has been thrown around often on this board. So consider yourself a coward if you let petty BS ruin your ambitions for this Hockey Market. Right now the team is the CT Whale and we do have the BB being played. I am greatly in favor of a Green out in Danbury on November 10th, however, we have ample opportunities to do this every Hockey Night in Hartford too. Take a look at the CT Whale Facebook page of the photos, those are the people your turning your back on Not the Rangers and these people want something better for Hartford. By staying away and giving up the fight, "Now that is a Coward!"

"just because someone has income doesn't mean they are going to blow it on hockey season tickets though"

that wasn't my point. There are enough hockey fans in this area to support an NHL team. There are nights when BPT, SPR and HFD all play at home, and the three teams combined draw more than enough. And there are still people that ARE hockey fans that don't go to games because of either their dislike for the Rangers, or the AHL, or both. Some of those people post on this board.

"The reason why is people with money (outside baldwin) in this area do not care about the whalers enough to get something going to get them back"

There is a huge difference between having money to buy season tickets, and having money to bring back the NHL. People care...and if the NHL ever returns, they'd prove it.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "just because someone has income doesn't mean they are going to blow

> it on hockey season tickets though"

>

> that wasn't my point. There are enough hockey fans in this area to support

> an NHL team. There are nights when BPT, SPR and HFD all play at home, and

> the three teams combined draw more than enough. And there are still people

> that ARE hockey fans that don't go to games because of either their dislike

> for the Rangers, or the AHL, or both. Some of those people post on this

> board.

>

> "The reason why is people with money (outside baldwin) in this area do

> not care about the whalers enough to get something going to get them

> back"

>

> There is a huge difference between having money to buy season tickets, and

> having money to bring back the NHL. People care...and if the NHL ever

> returns, they'd prove it.

Springfield and Bridgeport are markets that are dead to Hartford hockey. They like having the affordable trip to take the kids to a minor league game but those cities allegiances are to the bruins and rangers. And the problem is people have to care enough to change the current situation before their can be a pro team that comes back and they don't otherwise there would be more action/rallies to change those things. And while different having money to get a team and arena here as well as fans that will pay for season tickets are both dire needs in order for hockey to come back. Because before the first puck drops they are going to need season ticket deposits/support like winnipeg.

4WHA-Back-in-NHL wrote:

> We should be following the equation that restored Winnipeg to the NHL and

> get rid of the AHL by supporting it. Let me reiterate the fact that I

> have Bleed Green and my scars run deep and this thing with the Rangers

> never existed when the Whalers were in the league and THAT IS A FACT. If

> it was then we must have been following different teams. All Whaler Fans

> should go shoulder to shoulder and at least go down fighting and at least

> take our building back. The word Coward has been thrown around often on

> this board. So consider yourself a coward if you let petty BS ruin your

> ambitions for this Hockey Market. Right now the team is the CT Whale and

> we do have the BB being played. I am greatly in favor of a Green out in

> Danbury on November 10th, however, we have ample opportunities to do this

> every Hockey Night in Hartford too. Take a look at the CT Whale Facebook

> page of the photos, those are the people your turning your back on Not the

> Rangers and these people want something better for Hartford. By staying

> away and giving up the fight, "Now that is a Coward!"

I completely agree you have to support the d-bury whale and CT whale to show the hockey community we care about hockey. Its the way we can rebuild of credit history with the NHL. Right now no arena and lackluster support from the minor league team puts us in bad standing with the NHL. If there are green outs and more people out in hartford for game nights the politicians and media will take notice. But people just wanna wait for the NHL to magically come back which is a step back.