Sign in to follow this  
Biggie1083

Islanders moving to Brooklyn.

Just read evos post mentioning the Whaler booster club. Guess who was one of the original 7 guys who started it. It was me . I also raised 2 boys who played starting at age 5 and played until age 18. I've attended every home game except 2 going back to the WHA and the old barn in West Springfield. I've attended games in Montreal, Boston, New, Jersey, Quebec, New York. I've gone to college games in Vermont, Yale, and a tournament held in Hartford. My resume on hockey goes on. And you a little PUNK tell me I'm not knowledgable about the sport? I forgot more about hockey in Hartford then you'll ever know. Finally, I was born and raised in the city of Hartford, lived most of my adult life in the greater Hartford area. I know the culture and history of the area. And you call me out like the little punk that you are. You act like a 15 year old. So you now you showed that you are a very immature little boy. GO to your room and **** your thumb.

If you really think the New York Rangers were a bigger rival to the Whalers than the Montreal Canadiens, then you know absolutely nothing about the history of the team, or the sport, or anything else.

Don't get all pissy at me because you're ignorant. And a coward.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Yes a new arena would be needed, but we are saying that it could be a

> temporary home while an arena plan is in place..but monizzle, you started

> by saying Hartford couldn't support a team and that was your argument.. I'm

> saying Hartford would be better than half of the league now..

I still stand by that statement. And i don't think hartford would be better than half the league. I still think at the current price for an NHL ticket your not getting people to come out at consistent amounts better than half the league. Likewise I continue to stand by my point that we dont have enough support or dire outcry to get a team back from politicians (which we will need) and from the taxpaying public.

I can name 15 teams that would have better support than the whalers if they magically got a team

1. New York 7. Edminton 13. Buffalo

2. Boston 8. Calgary 14. Pittsburgh

3. Philadelphia 9. Winnipeg 15. Minnesota

4. Toronto 10. Vancouver

5. Montreal 11. Detriot

6. Chicago 12. New Jersey

New Jersey? LMAO.

By the way, you named the original 6 franchises, the Canadian teams, Pittsburgh (whose attendance goes up or down depending on how good or bad the team is), and hockey hotbed Minnesota. New Jersey, quite honestly, is laughable.

I'll give you the Original 6 teams (BOS, MTL, NYR, DET, CHI, TOR), and I'll give you the other Canada teams (OTW, WPG, VAN, EDM, CGY). And I'll give you Minnesota and Buffalo. So, that is 13. I can't give you PIT or NJ. But I'll add San Jose, Colorado and LA to your list to bring you to 16.

To me the thing isn't capacity, but percentage of capacity. It's completely unfair to compare a building like Montreal, which seats 21,273, to a building like Winnipeg that seats 15,004. For example, if you go by last year's attendance numbers, per ESPN.com...17 teams sold 100% or more capacity. 21 were at 90% capacity or higher. A Hartford team that sells 90-95% capacity will do just fine.