Sign in to follow this  

The Baldwins are for keeping the Wacky NHL Dream alive.

So yes they **lly support Global Spectrum. Howard still has connections with other bidding groups but this is out best shot

Whalevolution wrote:

>Howard still has connections with other bidding groups but this is out best ****

The only thing Baldwin should be connected with right now is paying off those bills, any organization connected with Baldwin should be automatically disqualified for bidding for any control of anything in Hartford, and that kid of his, that Baldwin Jr. kid should be out in the parking lot of Stop n Shop or Shop-Rite right now pushing shopping carriages or doing any remedial task to try and collect some money to pay off the huge debts that the Whale accrued during the past few years. How people can still include Howard's name in any sort of discussion about Hartford's hockey **ture is beyond me, nobody has done more damage and created more division in the Hartford hockey market than Baldwin and that kid of his. How Baldwin and that kid of his could just be allowed to stroll into Hartford, completely throw away a decade's worth of Wolf Pack hockey, rip the mascot and team colors away and just piss all over everything created since 1997 is beyond me, and then that stunt they tried to pull off in East Hartford - luckily Jeff Jacobs exposed them for the inflated attendance numbers in that huge debacle, it is just too bad to see how Hartford hockey has been ruined.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Whalevolution wrote:

> >Howard still has connections with other bidding groups but this is out best ****

>

>

> The only thing Baldwin should be connected with right now is paying off those bills,

> any organization connected with Baldwin should be automatically disqualified for

> bidding for any control of anything in Hartford, and that kid of his, that Baldwin

> Jr. kid should be out in the parking lot of Stop n Shop or Shop-Rite right now

> pushing shopping carriages or doing any remedial task to try and collect some money

> to pay off the huge debts that the Whale accrued during the past few years. How

> people can still include Howard's name in any sort of discussion about Hartford's

> hockey **ture is beyond me, nobody has done more damage and created more division in

> the Hartford hockey market than Baldwin and that kid of his. How Baldwin and that

> kid of his could just be allowed to stroll into Hartford, completely throw away a

> decade's worth of Wolf Pack hockey, rip the mascot and team colors away and just piss

> all over everything created since 1997 is beyond me, and then that stunt they tried

> to pull off in East Hartford - luckily Jeff Jacobs exposed them for the inflated

> attendance numbers in that huge debacle, it is just too bad to see how Hartford

> hockey has been ruined.

Actually, how you can post such garbage without someone punching your freaking lights out is what's beyond me.

It's interesting that we may come **ll circle from where the Wolf*Pack started from, when they were originally managed by a cable company when they were first delivered to us from Binghamton to Hartford. Back then, they and the Hartford Civic Center were managed by Cablevision. Cablevision was owner and operator of Madison Square Garden and its properties from 1997 until 2010. MSG subsequently became a separate, public company now called The Madison Square Garden company. Now another cable company is bidding for control for management of the XLCenter, interestingly, a VERY reliable source has told me and confirms the original posts, yes, the team is planned to revert back to the Wolf*Pack brand next season. So, the circle of life for Hartford hockey, Wolf*Pack brand and building once again being managed by a cable company. Weird.

"Now another cable company is bidding for control for management of the XLCenter, interestingly, a VERY reliable source has told me and confirms the original posts, yes, the team is planned to revert back to the Wolf*Pack brand next season. So, the circle of life for Hartford hockey, Wolf*Pack brand and building once again being managed by a cable company. Weird."

You mean the circle of life for Hartford minor league hockey, WhalePack. Let's start with that.

I'm still going to go with the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach, only because of the marketing and PR nightmare that going back to the WolfPack name is going to bring. The Whalers fans that have returned to the building would be gone forever, and whether morons like WPF98 believe it or not, the majority of hockey fans in this city still bleed blue and green. For me personally, going back to that name would prove once and for all that the Rangers could care less about Hartford, could care less about the fans that filled that building from 1975-1978 and again from 1980-1997, and they would never see another penny from me, ever. I'll go to Springfield, I'll go to Danbury. But I'd never step foot in that building again as long as the Rangers were there. Ever.

Correct, should have clarified, the circle of life of Hartford AHL hockey. The ultimate circle would be NHL return. Well, let's see what happens, plans always do fall through. If it happens, hope**lly you and others will have a change of heart and continue to support the team, it is 38 **n nights out in Hartford.

MarkH2919 wrote:

"For me personally, going back to that name would prove once and for all that the Rangers could care less about Hartford, could care less about the fans that filled that building from 1975-1978 and again from 1980-1997, and they would never see another penny from me, ever. I'll go to Springfield, I'll go to Danbury. But I'd never step foot in that building again as long as the Rangers were there. Ever."

Absolutely likewise. Thing is, they've never cared, & they'll already not see another penny from me, as well as a few others who not watch hockey elsewhere. It would also be completely asinine for them to award the XL to any group that would allow that. But then again, common sense has never been our forte around here.

Not a bash on Biggie, but WhalePack, if your source is Shony thru Biggie then well we have heard a few things that have come down that pipe that haven't happened.

Example; we heard that the Rangers were making their own goal song for Hartford.

Well that either got 86ed or it was never on the table but we were sold it hook line and sinker.

I do admit that the logo being under Baldwin and the team being under Rangers does present a problem going forward. Rangers probably need to make a clean break. They'd be better served to start from scratch though.

In Ranger defense however Attendance is just as bad now with Whale as it was WP

The difference in attendance is linked to the Baldwins.

People liked the NHL dream now going to games it feels like a hopeless **ture for a team that hasn't been properly Marketed in close to a decade.

1,000 more per game under the Whale brand isn't enough, I guess.

This is about selling a few jerseys that 99% of people could care less about.

I agree with Evo on one thing...if you want to drop the Whale name, OK, but come up with something brand new. No WolfPack, no Whale...and let the fans decide what the new name should be. If they do that...then OK.

Can't possibly stress enough about what a horrendous business decision it would be to go back to the WolfPack brand.

I cannot stress enough that the WolfPack fans do not care about ANYTHING except one thing....that the RANGERS farm team players their games here. They DO NOT give a ***** AT ALL about the CITY, FANS, MARKETING, ATTENDANCE, LOGIC, anything other than have their little Rangers play their games here. And the Rangers will be happy to oblige them.

I will go to some WolfPack games when they return, but a new neutral name would be a far better idea if they must childishly separate from Baldwin than a ***** you Hartford return to the Pack.

MarkH2919 wrote:

"if you want to drop the Whale name, OK, but come up with something brand new. No WolfPack, no Whale...and let the fans decide what the new name should be. If they do that...then OK."

Why would they start giving a whit what the fans here think? They haven't since 1998.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

> I cannot stress enough that the WolfPack fans do not care about ANYTHING

> except one thing....that the RANGERS farm team players their games here.

> They DO NOT give a ***** AT ALL about the CITY, FANS, MARKETING,

> ATTENDANCE, LOGIC, anything other than have their little Rangers play their

> games here. And the Rangers will be happy to oblige them.

Go Comcast!

Hold on to your seats. I applaud Markie's latest posts. Whaler fans dig your heals in. I still can't believe the rags and any management would do such a stupid thing. That would be as stupid as removing the Whaler banners when they moved in.

top cat wrote:

> Hold on to your seats. I applaud Markie's latest posts. Whaler fans dig

> your heals in. I still can't believe the rags and any management would do

> such a stupid thing. That would be as stupid as removing the Whaler banners

> when they moved in.

Boy, I must have screwed up somewhere... :lol:

Seriously though, if that's the way this plays out, that the Rangers stay and put the name back to the WolfPack, then the Whalers fans best course of action at that point would be to take their hockey business elsewhere. Go to games in Springfield. Go to games in Bridgeport. Go to games in Danbury. And then when the Rangers see that Hartford draws less than anyone else in the AHL, as well as a Federal League team, maybe...just maybe...they'll get the damn message.

MarkH wrote:

Seriously though, if that's the way this plays out, that the Rangers stay and put the name back to the WolfPack, then the Whalers fans best course of action at that point would be to take their hockey business elsewhere. Go to games in Springfield. Go to games in Bridgeport. Go to games in Danbury."

Finally, someone understands what I've been trying to get across for years, haha.

"Finally, someone understands what I've been trying to get across for years, haha."

I've always understood your reasoning, I just didn't always agree with it. I do now, however.

Better late than never I guess. ;)

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "Finally, someone understands what I've been trying to get across for

> years, haha."

"I've always understood your reasoning, I just didn't always agree with it. I do now, however."

Better late than never I guess. ;) "

Yes, it is. Welcome to the party, haha.

MarkH "By the way, if you want to compare 2009/2010 to this year...you're not going to like it.

10 games, 2009/10 -- 33,001 fans, 3,300.1/game

10 games, 2012/13 -- 36,047 fans, 3,604.7/game"

Well after 12 games the CT Whale are averaging 3,388 good for 2nd to last in the league for attendance. The WolfPack were NEVER that low in the league.

If the WolfPack worst season they finished 12th from the bottom in attendance. Just face it Mark the problem has never been the brand.

Oh btw. This is with the AHL being the best league in North America. 3,388?????????????? yea the name brings people in.........