Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

And after 12 games in 2009/10, the WolfPack was averaging 3,336/game.

 

But, why not look at the whole body of work, instead of 12 games? Oh, I know why...because then you'd look like a fool.

 

79 games under the Whale brand = 5,115.41/game

 

last 79 gams under the WolfPack brand = 4,133.90/game

 

982 fans more per game for the Whale brand. In the AHL, that's a significant percentage of the fanbase.

 

Now, what hasn't been talked about, Mr. AEG employee, is the fact that your boss screwed Howard over with the dates the building was going to be available this year...I was told by a former WSE employee LAST MARCH that there were going to be fewer Sa****ay night dates (the number has magically gone down from 14 to 10 in two seasons...oh, and by the way, this will be the FEWEST number of Sa****ay night dates the franchise has ever had) and more games on the other nights. Now, as history will attest...Sa****ay is the best night of the week for attendance...with a historical average of close to 7,000/game...

 

So, you want me to admit it's not the brand...fine, I'll admit it's not the brand, when you come on here, admit that you work for AEG, admit that your company screwed Howard over and basically drove him out of business, and admit that you have made up about 90% of the crap you have posted here.

 

How's that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BurkeisGod's

"MarkH "By the way, if you want to compare 2009/2010 to this year...you're not going to like it.

 

10 games, 2009/10 -- 33,001 fans, 3,300.1/game

10 games, 2012/13 -- 36,047 fans, 3,604.7/game"

 

Well after 12 games the CT Whale are averaging 3,388 good for 2nd to last in the league for attendance. The WolfPack were NEVER that low in the league.

If the WolfPack worst season they finished 12th from the bottom in attendance. Just face it Mark the problem has never been the brand.

Oh btw. This is with the AHL being the best league in North America. 3,388?????????????? yea the name brings people in........."

 

 

You do realize your just comparing AEG to AEG, and in that case your absolutely right.

 

No difference at all!

 

Let me ask you this why did AEG say they were going to market the **** out of this team and instead decided to ignore the **** out of this team?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"But, why not look at the whole body of work, instead of 12 games? Oh, I know why...because then you'd look like a fool."

 

Yea, you want to compare the WolfPack with more early season game vs the Whale with more late season games. Remember the rebrand happen after the 1st 11 home games. Of course the WolfPack numbers are less. Duh...Grow up

When something is new, people are curious and they come out which they did. But they stopped coming. Get a life Mark. WolfPack, Whale attendance is all the same. Just different promotion nights and rebrand nights and an out door game night. Take that stuff away and it's the same crappy fan base. So going back to WolfPack would not be that significant. I'd be surprised if Hartford ever sunk lower then 2nd to last in attendance under either brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burke is God

 

Do you go to games?

 

the drop off since Baldwins removal is obvious to a lot of people but you don't see that?

 

Go on Facebook tons of former Whale fans go to Worcester, Springfield and so on, for the simple fact that a non Baldwin run team is not one that will

Be grown or grow into an NHL possibility.

 

It was the NHL that attracted people the fan base you see now are the people who just like AHL which you are right there aren't many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evo

I do realize that, it's a fair comparison between the 2 brands. Mark wants to compare AEG to Howard Baldwin giving away free tickets and letting you in every game for $7. Even though he was pleading with people like you to buy season tickets.

 

Mark thinks its all about the brand. But it's more what the company running the team is doing, what your other options are on game night and most of all that fact that Hartford hockey fans are on the endangered species list. People have to find reasons to go to game not try to find reason not to.

I very rarely miss a game and that holds true from the WolfPack to Whale, or from MSG to AEG to WSE. From getting showered with extras to hardly getting anything with my tickets, I have remained a season ticket holder.

 

The CT Whale 2nd to last in attendance. First time EVER in AHL history that Hartford was 2nd to last in attendance.

 

First time EVER!!!!

First time EVER!!!!

First time EVER!!!!

First time EVER!!!!

First time EVER!!!!

First time EVER!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burke is god First time EVER!!!!

 

I know AEG has not come through like they said they would, and I mean that as in where is the push. I don't see any marketing? Is it because they are for sale? Because they are losing the bid? Or is Jr right that they don't really care about Hockey?

 

7/28/12. 22:04pm

 

@CtWhale: "Working hard to make this the best Whale season ever."

 

I did believe AEG,but wanted to see it. although AHL hockey always makes me skeptical when trying to garner support.

 

I do think city wise Baldwin was getting sponsors. AHL awarded them for new business growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, this is why it's impossible to have a conversation with the WolfPack people on this board. Because they can't look at FACTS. It's stuff like "Get a Life, Mark" and "Grow Up Mark" That sounds aw**lly hollow from someone that can't admit simple things like they DO work for AEG, that his company DID screw Howard and drove WSE out of business and HAS deliberately lied about the majority of stuff that he has posted.

 

But I'm the one that has to "grow up" and "get a life". :roll:

 

Burke, if you really think that the name doesn't make a difference, then go back to the WolfPack brand. I am sure the new building manager is going to love hosting the worst attended team in the AHL. I tell you the brand matters...you disagree, even know statistics prove I'm right. Fine. We'll see who's right, and judging from what I've seen, heard, and what I know me and others will do if they change the name back...that's exactly where the attendance will be.

 

Oh, and if you have any guts at all, you can come to the top of 114 and meet me face to face. I'll be there tomorrow night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evo "Go on Facebook tons of former Whale fans go to Worcester, Springfield and so on, for the simple fact that a non Baldwin run team is not one that will

Be grown or grow into an NHL possibility."

 

Fine, does that include you? Cause we could careless about your $7. So if there are so many Whaler not going to Hartford games because Howard isn't running the team then what would be the point in naming the team the CT Whale?? When Howard Baldwin is not running it? Thank you good point.

 

Spring. Wor. and Bridg. are all low in attendance too. So if Whaler fans are so significant in attending hockey games then why isn't there a team close by that is dominating in attendance?

 

If the only reason you attend an AHL game is to promote the NHL, your attending hockey games for the wrong reason. Do you know what NHL cities have that Whaler fans don't? P*****ion for the sport of hockey. If Whaler fans had this, it wouldn't matter who was running the team. What league is playing or what the brand is or how many times they play the freaking br***** bonanza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burkeisgod If the only reason you attend an AHL game is to promote the NHL, your attending hockey games for the wrong reason. Do you know what NHL cities have that Whaler fans don't? P*****ion for the sport of hockey. If Whaler fans had this, it wouldn't matter who was running the team. What league is playing or what the brand is or how many times they play the freaking br***** bonanza.

 

No doubt I would love the NHL to return but I know that's not entirely realistic but I do want an AHl team to grow. If Hartford had no bitterness,bickering fans over laundry and was a top four AHL market I'd be very satisfied. But that now sounds as reasonable as the NHL returning now.

 

Whoever gets the building maybe Baldwin friendly too and you have to consider that for next year. It's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I am rooting for the Bushnell to win the bid and the WolfPack to return because I work for AEG. You got me I admit it.

Evo, How is AEG fault that there are SO MANY Whaler fans petty enough to stop going to games because Baldwin is not running a team called the CT Whale?

 

How is it AEG fault that Howard gave away so many tickets that people think $10 is a ridiculous price to charge to go see a hockey game at the XL Center. If Howard had so many sponsors and so many people buying tickets, where is all the money?????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evo,

 

I don't rule anything out for next season, until there is an announcement made.

 

I want all the same things you want evo. But do you know the difference between me and you? For years and years I have supported Hartford hockey and purchased season tickets. You on the other hand show up to games on occasion and pay $7 for a ticket. Then in your effort to end bitterness among the fans you post on facebook that the guy that made rock and roll part 2 is a child molester and they should only play the br***** bonanza after goals. (why should a song be on trial)

It has to be all about the Whaler fans for you guys to support it. They gave you your song back after goals. Where is everyone 1921?????

This is a waste of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's being overlooked here is that people are finally waking up to the fact that MSAEG doesn't care about Hartford & will stand in its way; behind the scenes or in front.

 

That now being obvious to all, it'd be pretty stupid to want to give money to an organization you know is going to work against your market as it laughs right at you. Especially when there are so many AHL alternatives so close by.

 

& your *****ertion that Whalers' fans are not p*****ionate for hockey is plain idiotic. Did you ever consider that maybe they're just tired of being pissed on at every turn from everywhere, every year? Go Comcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, BurkeIsALiar, the Whale have the 2nd largest attendance dropoff in the league from 2011/12 to this year....only Portland at -27.97% is worse than the Whale's -14.36%

 

I am sure that can be attributed to the fact that AEG has marketed the **** out of the team, right? :roll:

 

I keep saying this, but it does take more than a name change, or a color change to get people to go to minor league sports. You have to promote the team...When WSE promoted the team, the attendance numbers were good, yes, part of their idea of promotion was giving away free tickets, if you go through the threads, you'll see that I was against that idea from the start. Promote the team any way you can, but do NOT give tickets away. The minute the promotions stopped, and the advertising stopped...the fans stayed home. In minor league sports, the game is almost secondary.

 

Again, the numbers prove that the rebrand was necessary. Going back would be a marketing and PR disaster. But you don't care...you only care about the Rangers, just like Biggie, Packfan, and the rest...you could give a crap about what's good for Hartford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys do realize you are debating attendance numbers during the month when attendance traditionally plummets each year due to the happy holiday woes, right? December is always a terrible month for attendance, give it time. Once XMAS is p*****ed us, the attendance gradually increases into January regardless of jersey colors. Happens each season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes WhalePack, we know that...we also know that attendance has been this bad before...not surprisingly, the LAST time AEG ran the team. But BurkeIsADope misses that, as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Do you know what NHL cities have that Whaler fans don't? P*****ion for the sport of hockey"

 

Ahhh, so this is the fans fault. It's the fans fault that after 18 years of watching the very best players to ever play the game, they were stuck watching minor leaguers of a team most Hartford fans either don't like or want nothing to do with. It's the fans fault that Howard set his goals way too high and signed what AHL insiders called "business suicide" regarding the lease with AEG. And it's the fans fault that AEG, after getting the team back this summer, promised they would "market the **** out of this team", and yet attendance is at its lowest point since....oh, the LAST TIME AEG RAN THE DAMN TEAM.

 

Yup...All the fans fault. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish that AEG and the Rangers will be out of here after this season, putting the WolfPack name and idiots like you out of the XL center forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote:

 

> Yup...All the fans fault. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish

> that AEG and the Rangers will be out of here after this season, putting the

> WolfPack name and idiots like you out of the XL center forever.

 

Can't happen soon enough!! The thought of never having to see another Wolf Pack/Rangers fans at the XLC to watch their minor league team get's me beyond excited. Then we can actually move on and worry about working together not bickering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "BurkeisGod does not work for AEG, 100%."

>

> OK, how do you know this? It sure as **** isn't from anything he's posted

> here.

 

I haven't read everyone of his posts, but I just can't see how AEG would just let an employee come on this site and voice an unpopular opinion with all Whale/Whaler fans (customers) who read this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BurkeIsGod wrote:

> Evo,

>

> I don't rule anything out for next season, until there is an announcement

> made.

>

> I want all the same things you want evo. But do you know the difference

> between me and you? For years and years I have supported Hartford hockey

> and purchased season tickets. You on the other hand show up to games on

> occasion and pay $7 for a ticket. Then in your effort to end bitterness

> among the fans you post on facebook that the guy that made rock and roll

> part 2 is a child molester and they should only play the br***** bonanza

> after goals. (why should a song be on trial)

> It has to be all about the Whaler fans for you guys to support it. They

> gave you your song back after goals. Where is everyone 1921?????

> This is a waste of time

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BurkeIsGod wrote:

I want all the same things you want evo. But do you know the difference

between me and you? For years and years I have supported Hartford hockey

and purchased season tickets. You on the other hand show up to games on

occasion and pay $7 for a ticket. Then in your effort to end bitterness

among the fans you post on facebook that the guy that made rock and roll

part 2 is a child molester and they should only play the br***** bonanza

after goals. It has to be all about the Whaler fans for you guys to support it. They gave you your song back after goals. This is a waste of time

 

Well lets keep facts fact here. I have received a media season p***** the past two years once with WSE and once with AEG. That doesnt however mean I dont buy tickets. In fact this year is probably going to be the most I have ever spent on tickets because I do buy some for friends and family and also as a member of the Whale Fan team I have to buy four tickets to each game I play in at the XL. Also I get a ton of free tickets from AEG thru the company I work at. This is from AEG so its ok with you. Correct?

 

I support hockey here regardless of who is running the show. By the way the 7 dollar ticket is one of the reasons that WSE was doing better than AEG.

 

Gary Glitter was a child sex offender, not something we should celebrate. If you have been around children who are victims or been a victim as a child maybe you would understand.

 

Has to be about Whaler fans huh? I guess you have been only looking at what you want. I am the guy who said he would support the Rangers, or whom ever comes here. I am also the guy that said if you are not going to use Br***** Bonanza which is the most popular hockey song in Ct, nothing else is close, then create a new song or come up with something original.

 

And I will even tell you what is a waste of time. People who purposely lie on this board to create BS.

CASE IN POINT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Whale Store Clearance Sale

BurkeIsGod wrote : "Everyone calm down. There will be a major announcement at CT Hockey Hall of Fame night that will explain this. I can not say what it is, but it is not bad news."

(There never was an announcement from WSE)

 

BurkeIsGod wrote :Well.....Well.....Well..... I may make up silly stories about what the team is going to be called but

when it comes making up stuff about an organization, that I don't do.

(Didn't you say in the above post that WSE has a major announcement, WSE is an org by the way)

 

Re: AEG to not honor WSE STH giveaway

BurkeIsGod wrote : you believe me every time I don't give you a source, then when I do give you the source(AEG employee) you don't believe me.

Yes, I own every time I was f@!#%ing with you guys, but I am giving people a source.......

(Most here have owned you by calling you out and they have been correct)

 

Re: AEG announcement on Monday

BurkeIsGod wrote : Just heard some of the details for Monday, and I have to say as a WolfPack fan I am appalled and as a Whaler fan I am appalled. I get that they don't wanna use the same name that Baldwin was just using, but to use the name I am hearing in Hartford for an AHL team is just BS!

On the plus side the AHL All star game is finally coming here.

(if you recall there was no announcement just a press release that told us not much of anything, but lying is fine about that right, nice way to treat loyal fans!)

 

AND this is only a few of the false information you have posted here, only some! I am still willing to chat with you, I will even buy you the first draft, you missed my intentions which I always give the benefit of the doubt on because this is just a message board. I will be there Fri and Sat if you are finally willing to chat as we should, as fans, I am at every game, no matter whose running the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this