Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

'NHL in Hartford?' NY Post Article (NY Rangers home paper)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/hartford_fighting_for_its_hockey_iK2141QQvuxryk8N6iWHOM

The above article is from the New York Post. It's a very interesting piece regarding a potential attitude change in CT regarding making an effort to return Hartford to the National Hockey League.

As goes without saying, such an occurrence would be amazingly beneficial for Hartford County. Bring back the Whale! :D

Why in the NYP and not the Courant?

Well well well to all the haters you never say never.

I imagine a few here are very surprised

Our Gov went from squash dynasty to inquiring about the NHL.

By the way, there are always a few of those people who say, "No way the NHL will ever return," or "I always KNEW the Patriots weren't coming," or, "The Rangers are the only possible solution for hockey to exist in Hartford."

Just ignore these clowns. They'll always be around, & they're good for nothing. Why anyone would constantly go around seemingly enjoying the irrelevance of his or her own region is beyond me.

"By the way, there are always a few of those people who say, "No way the NHL will ever return," or "I always KNEW the Patriots weren't coming," or, "The Rangers are the only possible solution for hockey to exist in Hartford."

In other words, HYMH is looking at you Vince, you Biggie, and you Packfan.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "By the way, there are always a few of those people who say, "No

> way the NHL will ever return," or "I always KNEW the Patriots

> weren't coming," or, "The Rangers are the only possible solution

> for hockey to exist in Hartford."

>

> In other words, HYMH is looking at you Vince, you Biggie, and you Packfan.

Hahaha, you may have a point :)

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> MarkH2919 wrote:

> > "By the way, there are always a few of those people who say, "No

> > way the NHL will ever return," or "I always KNEW the Patriots

> > weren't coming," or, "The Rangers are the only possible solution

> > for hockey to exist in Hartford."

> >

> > In other words, HYMH is looking at you Vince, you Biggie, and you Packfan.

>

> Hahaha, you may have a point :)

Oddly enough this, along with the Rags leaving Hartford, is never the sort of rumor you ever hear from Biggie.

In the parade last year an old waste of a gentleman told me that Id have a better chance having lunch with Elvis rather then see the NHL return to Hartford.

I kind of surprised him when I said I will take those odds.

I can easily dig up Elvis and eat a sandwich next to him. :D

This news is obviously better than the status quo and talking about the Rangers staying or not. Personally, I'm in the "No Rangers without hockey for a year" camp. But, I just can't trust Dannel. Hope**lly, I'm wrong. We'll see.

This is great news no matter how slim.

You gotta support and you gotta believe. Life is too short to be negative.

Oh, one more thing, you gotta get these wolf pudge clowns their own message board.

I wonder if Howard is or will be consulted...

tiscipa165 wrote:

> This news is obviously better than the status quo and talking about the

> Rangers staying or not. Personally, I'm in the "No Rangers without

> hockey for a year" camp. But, I just can't trust Dannel. Hope**lly,

> I'm wrong. We'll see.

Look at it this way, what would his reason be for even talking about it? No one ever seemed to care before about expressing their indifference. There must be some truth to it.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Stuttering Dan is changing his tune??? Interesting, indeed.

>

> Still need a new building, though.

>

> Either way, this is good news.

"Recently, Malloy approached at least one potential buyer, a second source said, and told the suitor the plan is to build a new arena as part of a bigger development that would be in the state, but not necessarily Hartford."

Looks like a new arena would be part of any potential deal. That's a huge hurdle out of the way if it's true......if it's true.

“persons have reached out to him with non-specific proposals”

Jesus. This looks like it's pretty big. Am I the only one who danced around like a fool at my job when I saw this article????

Now is our time to seize this opportunity. Clear the schedule for the HWBC annual march in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. This is where WE make OUR stand together and most importantly NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough talk lace them up tight.

“Hartford is the solution to the NHL’s problems”.

I must admit I was one of those who believed and posted that no way will Hartford get a NHL franchise ever again. Well, I still think the chances are slim, but not impossible. With the budget being hotly debated in both Washington and in Conn. I don't think any gov. $ will be available. Those days are over for the foreseeable **ture. However, deals in the back room will always be part of politics. It would be great if Rep. Larson get involved as he been around the House of Rep. for quite awhile. I still think some heavy weights must be actively involved not with some quotes in the media but real arm twisting is necessary. I don't see Danny boy or Larson of that ilk. Pressure from WHA cites in Canada would be help**l, the return of Quebec and Hartford as a package would be great for hockey. By the way I know for a fact that Larson on a personal level is an avid UCONN fan which is why the Rent is in East Hartford, his home town. I also know he couldn't care less about pro hockey.ything Trust me on this statement about our Rep. UCONN anything will not stimulate our local economy like a major league team would PERIOD!

Honestly, the update that Malloy didn't just form a committee/group, but was in fact approached by a group with deep pockets who themselves want to be an ownership group is FANTASTIC news.

"Please don't hold your breath," Malloy told The Courant.

Governor Malloy should also consider that the next generation isn’t holding their breath either, as they are still leaving this state in droves. The old saying was “To Go West Young Man”, now for Connecticut’s youth it also applies to the South and Southwest areas of our nation too.

Regardless, this is good news that these discussions are taking place, especially in this moment of time that the bids on the XL Center are being analyzed. Officials need to recognize that OUR NHL existence is indeed Hockey History that should to be embraced. Enough with cynic attitudes if you ever dream of a return NOW is the time to push this agenda.

Lastly, being a father of two small children there is no doubt I will push the importance of education, however, if and when the time comes for them to stand on their own and opportunities continue to p***** over Connecticut then I must suggest greener pastures elsewhere too.

that "don't hold your breath" comment came last summer when Malloy was on Face the State with Dennis House.

The fact that someone with big bucks approached Malloy about this....is fabulous news. Just once, let's hope the state doesn't screw up.

Yawn.... we've been here before, this story pops up every two or three years, some wild speculation, some name-dropping, some big grandiose plans and drawings of what it will look like, and give it 48 hours or so and you won't hear another word about it for another two years. It's the Baldwin-Bot Comet, it comes by every two years with very few details or ideas about where the **nding will come from, it's just one big pipe dream, perhaps they'll build this next to the NFL Patriots Stadium at Adriaen's Landing and integrate it with the Science Center where half of the exhibits are broken or missing pieces. I'll wait to see what Scott Gray or Vince have to say about this latest pipe dream, they have shown themselves over the past 18 or so months to be the most accurate when it comes to predictions about sports in Hartford.

Like I always say, if a winning idea is what they want, the formula was already created back in 1999-2000, when we had twelve-thousand a night showing up to see the Calder Cup come to Hartford, GO PACK !!!

Well again I'm not that optimistic, but if it ever does come to fruition wolfie will either hang himself or check in to a psych. ward. Wouldn't that be something!!! Does he think anyone in the hockey world really cares who one the Calder Cup back then.