Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

'NHL in Hartford?' NY Post Article (NY Rangers home paper)

1. Baldwin has nothing to do with this.

2. Someone came to Governor Malloy, not the other way around.

3. Nobody gives a crap about the WolfPuke

4. This "12,000 a night" stuff is really garbage. There have been 8 crowds in Hartford's AHL history with crowds of 12,000 or more, and 3 of those 8 were directly connected to the Whalers, not the WolfPack. The outdoor game against Providence, the rebrand night against B-Port, and the 12,206 for the night 3 Whalers were honored with their numbers going into the rafters.

If you have any questions, please review this again.

Thanks, Frankie the *****brain. Have a nice day.

Moron.

WolfpackFan1998:

"Like I always say, if a winning idea is what they want, the formula was already created back in 1999-2000, when we had twelve-thousand a night showing up to see the Calder Cup come to Hartford, GO PACK !!!"

When you first started 'always saying', it was 8,000 - 9,000 fans a night. Then it became 10,000 fans a night. Now it was 12,000 a night. It's great to see teams increase their attendance, but how do they do it retroactively?

I would love to see the NHL in Hartford again, but I'm skeptical. If a team comes back here, I'll support it, but I'm not going to bet any money on it. We've been through these ups and downs a lot over the past 16 years, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Great, WPF98 aka Mr. Killjoys here again! Please start a new message board for you, yourself, and oh yea the other guy. By the way I’ve been bringing my 6 year old son to support our local CT Whale team, boy those WP banners look like cheap plastic tarps I would use to rake my leaves with. Hey, here’s an idea when the sunsets on the Rangers in Hartford make sure you put in for them hate to see them go to waste. Please, do me and the rest of the people on this site a favor, go back and reread your last 20 post, this should put you in a nice vegetative state and luckily for us we’ll never hear from you again. How many of those 10,000 people that watched your WP play at the Civic Center weren’t happy to hear this news today, let me see probably (4)? Maybe, perhaps we are just moths to a flame, you know what I say to you and other Killjoys like you “let me burn”. I’ll go to my grave knowing I was never a turncoat why because I BLEED GREEN you FOOL.

The timing of this coinciding with the ending of the NHL lockout is peculiar. Perhaps something in the NHL's new CBA changed that made owning a team in Hartford a better business venture? Maybe just totally unrelated?

It just makes me laugh that Frankie would bring up the Wolfpack and spew his lies about attendance. This is about the NHL, buddy. There is no relation to the Wolfpack and what's going on here. The AHL will be kicked to the curb the instant any NHL comes our way. The is no comparison.

If you want to continue make comparisons about the same exact team with a different name, go ahead. But I didn't think even you are so screwed up to think you can compare the return of the Whalers with a hockey name that nobody knows about.

Anyway, this is excellent news. Winnipeg worked because someone had money. Well obviously, someone here has money that wants to bring the NHL back.

THAT.

IS.

HHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!

This is absolutely huge, totally agree. If a deep pocketed owner wanted to bring a team here, there isn't much Mr. Bettman could do to block such an endeavor based on the current fragile state of the NHL. Think this through, this could happen VERY quickly, a team could be relocated here immediately and play a season or so at the XL Center while our new state of the art arena is built at "the Rent". Hey, Peter K did that when he took our team away, played in a dump hours away from their new home. Never say never, go Danny boy!

Look I've said the two most important things to get an NHL team in CT are 1. Owner with money and 2. New arena . I am excited to read the article but hessitent to get too worked up because the is no name attached to the money Malloy is speaking of. I'm not saying I don't believe , I'm just being cautious. I'm pretty sure with the new CBA small and middle market teams should be on better footing going forward. I've heard from Bettmans own mouth on his radio show that teams like Winnipeg and Hartford probably would find thier niche if they survived past the last lockout.(this show was obviously before the Jets returned)I've got to say that those couple paragraphs at the very least mentioned those two issues witch is more than I can say for the other bi-annual rumors we've seen. Look there are teams out there that could be bought. This is going to come down to wiether or not a new arena can be built with a minimal amount of public **nds. We've seen how these arena referendums have gone lately. There is money in this state . It's about time we stop acting like we're some destitute , 3rd world state. If Winnipeg can build one ,If Nashville can build one,if god dammit Raleigh can build one than so can someone from CT.

@joshkosman (Author of the NYP Article)

Connecticut Governor Malloy in response to my Whalers scoop says, “This is something that has to play itself over time.”

3:54 PM - 7 Jan 13

Another thing to consider . I feel UCONN getting left behind in the big east was caused by the lack of a state of the art venue. We want the NHL. Thier fans want to stay big-time. We should work together for this common goal. What's good for them is good for us. This arena won't get done without both parties involved.

"Another thing to consider . I feel UCONN getting left behind in the big east was caused by the lack of a state of the art venue. We want the NHL. Thier fans want to stay big-time. We should work together for this common goal. What's good for them is good for us. This arena won't get done without both parties involved."

Nailed it, Will. Absolutely, positively nailed it.

When Howard made his retrofit proposal a couple of years back, the idea of it was terrific at the ground floor, but the one and only way it was going to get anywhere was if UConn got behind it. They didn't...so the idea died a quick, fairly painless death.

UConn needs a new arena. Simple as that. They need a new arena, and to bring recruits from both basketball and football by the Rentschler Sports Complex to see a hope**lly expanded Rentschler Field and a brand new 16,000-17,000 seat facility for Hockey East and for hope**lly ACC hoops??? Enormous.

This will not happen unless UConn throw their support behind it. Work together for the common goal, just like Will said.

top cat wrote:

> Where the **** is HYMH thier jump on man. This gentleman must be be an

> idiot by his standards.Again HYMH is an elitist punk.

:?::?::?: This board uses the English language, please feel free to use it at anytime so the members of this board don't have to decipher everyone of your posts.

Whaleofatime wrote:

> top cat wrote:

"Where the **** is HYMH thier jump on man. This gentleman must be be an idiot by his standards.Again HYMH is an elitist punk."

" :?::?::?: This board uses the English language, please feel free to use it at anytime so the members of this board don't have to decipher everyone of your posts."

Thank you for understanding the point of my prior response to him, Whaleofatime.

Half the time in reading one of his posts I'm not sure if he's actually writing something, or if it's just a word search game where I'm supposed circle any legitimate words I happen to find.

If he's not going to bother giving his posts even a cursory edit, & then post something that might theoretically qualify him for an exorcism due to speaking in tongues no one on Earth, including himself, could possibly understand, you figure maybe he'd benefit from having it pointed out to him. That's all.

& yes, that was sarcasm, but it evens out his 'elitist punk' comment :lol:

Actually Joe Zone did have a short segment with some grainy CTWhale hockey footage and he was totally negative about it. Joe should keep his mouth shut as he does not know anything about the NHL or hockey. Stick to Friday night frenzy high school football Joe!

"WFSB 3 AND WVIT 30 SAID NOTHING ABOUT THIS ON THEIR NEWS OR WEBSITES. Only the Courant. WTF"

Relax WhaleGuy...this is just the very beginning of the process. If they had released a name of the person, or the leader of the group that has talked to Malloy, things would be different.

Ok girls, Will misspells their and he gets a p***** as well as he should. I type o or miss use verb tense and HYMY or Mark jump all over it. serious ? ; Do you regular ladies think maybe you are a little too protective of each other? Don't bother to respond. I get it as do anyone else who reads these posts on a regular bases. The three or four of you need to grow a pair and end the hand holding.

Listen now I know we all want to see the local news do 15 minutes on this story but let's not freak out over the next coming days as to what is or what isn't reported. Bottom line is the Malloy said for the first time in what I can remember the two main ingredients for the return of the NHL. Up until this point anything else that qualified as a "rumor" was IMO a half baked pipe dream. To hear the words "owner with money" and "new arena" in the same story gives me a shred of hope. The next shoe that needs to fall in order for me to really believe is for the owner or ownership groups to be named or come out of the woodwork themselves . That is when we will know this rumor or story has teeth. True North Sports in Winnipeg has very visible well before the Thrashers were acquired . That's how we'll know if this is legit or not be because if a team is in fact going to move here ownership will want as much buzz and hype as possible. This will take time. I can't say enough how much seeing those two things in one story meant though. Just keep in it perspective .

will5059 wrote:

> Listen now I know we all want to see the local news do 15 minutes on this

> story but let's not freak out over the next coming days as to what is or

> what isn't reported. Bottom line is the Malloy said for the first time in

> what I can remember the two main ingredients for the return of the NHL. Up

> until this point anything else that qualified as a "rumor" was

> IMO a half baked pipe dream. To hear the words "owner with money"

> and "new arena" in the same story gives me a shred of hope. The

> next shoe that needs to fall in order for me to really believe is for the

> owner or ownership groups to be named or come out of the woodwork

> themselves . That is when we will know this rumor or story has teeth. True

> North Sports in Winnipeg has very visible well before the Thrashers were

> acquired . That's how we'll know if this is legit or not be because if a

> team is in fact going to move here ownership will want as much buzz and

> hype as possible. This will take time. I can't say enough how much seeing

> those two things in one story meant though. Just keep in it perspective .

I agree with you, but you also have to keep in perspective is that NOBODY found out about David Thomson's involvement with WPG/True North until very late in the game. This is how business is done in today's NHL with social media. Everything is done behind closed doors, hush, hush until something is ready to announce, until then you'll get the usual quip from GB, to Malloy and everyone in between.