Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

'NHL in Hartford?' NY Post Article (NY Rangers home paper)

Ok, Does anyone know why the NYP but not the Courant?

I tweeted this article to Doyle and Jacobs about 9am. Asked them if they knew or were surprised?

Doyle said he was very surprised. He hasn't heard a thing.

I sent the story to Dennis House- no response.

Malloy made it sound like the Post author contacted him after uncovering the story.

This happens when XL and Rent up for bid

This happens when there is probably no main tenant for the XL next year for the first time in 38 years

This happens one day after the NHL lockout and the frame work for a 10 year deal. One that I bet includes new jobs for players. Aka EXPANSION. We should see a team by the end of a decade if this is at all true.

As for WP98 after he posted 6 out of the next 8 posts reposted or commented about his post.

I can't treat him like spam if everyone is making him part of the discussion. Ok?

Whalevolution wrote:

> Ok, Does anyone know why the NYP but not the Courant?

>

> I tweeted this article to Doyle and Jacobs about 9am. Asked them if they

> knew or were surprised?

> Doyle said he was very surprised. He hasn't heard a thing.

>

> I sent the story to Dennis House- no response.

>

> Malloy made it sound like the Post author contacted him after uncovering

> the story.

>

> This happens when XL and Rent up for bid

> This happens when there is probably no main tenant for the XL next year for

> the first time in 38 years

> This happens one day after the NHL lockout and the frame work for a 10 year

> deal. One that I bet includes new jobs for players. Aka EXPANSION. We

> should see a team by the end of a decade if this is at all true.

>

> As for WP98 after he posted 6 out of the next 8 posts reposted or commented

> about his post.

>

> I can't treat him like spam if everyone is making him part of the

> discussion. Ok?

Evo you should contact the author of the NYP article.

i almost spit out my drink when i heard malloy and working to get a team hear in the same breath lol. but it is a good sign that he wants to try. like will said it comes down to getting that new arena built. it will be interesting to see who this person is with the money.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Whalevolution wrote:

> "I can't treat him like spam if everyone is making him part of the

> discussion. Ok?"

>

> Translation: Ignore him.

agreed everyone needs to ignore wolf pack groupie 1998 **** go to another forum....or counseling

CT POST news article: But Malloy cautioned the conversation was not unusual or specific. He re**ted a report that he had formed a group to pursue an NHL team or was considering building a new hockey arena outside of Hartford.

"I have spoken to individuals who have expressed a desire to bring a team to Hartford; there is not a year in which I have not been approached by someone who wants to bring a professional team somewhere," Malloy said, referring to conversations during his 14 years as mayor of Stamford and two years as governor.

The governor declined to say who had approached him or which team the "individuals" represented. An aide to the governor said the conversation involved an "intermediary" and not a direct representative of a team.

"My response is, if you are sincere and you want to meet with us, we will meet with you. But to date I have had no meetings with anyone about their specific interest," the governor said,.

Referring to the **ture of the XL Center, Malloy said it would take lots of private money to build a new facility.

======================================

So, the conversation was not specific, Malloy has not formed a group, and Malloy did not speak to a represenatative - rather an intermediary, and Malloy has had no meetings with anyone about a specific interest, and Malloy states it would take lots of private money to build a new facility. Oh geez, the Baldwin-Bots will not like hearing this, their NY POST/Faux News/ Rupert Murdoch owned rag fed them a big pack of lies.

This is EXCELLENT news! Someone with money who could be tied to an NHL team wants to bring a team to Hartford. Obviously, someone that deep into it knows Hartford needs a new bulding, so that must be on their mind. The fact Malloy is even talking about these things is fantastic!

Something really good id brewing here!

This story was much better as originally reported than now. That said, I just think Kevin Nathan could have mentioned it on NBC 30 rather than droned on about UConn, he mentioned every UConn sport they have lol. All good though, let's see what happens next.

Bruce Marshall retired. Is that just a coincidence with everything going on? I mean he was there in June talking Hockey East and then now he is done before they even play their first game.

I guess it might be because he has been there forever and UConn will be Hockey East's door mat. Maybe he is just getting out?

So some unknown person with some unknown group approached the Governor about the NHL. Big Whoop! Until I hear some names there is no reason to take this seriously.

There are many other things that relate to this, such as the recent state budget, but that is for another day.

By the way I do agree that it is odd that a New York outlet breaks this story instead of someone here. But then again we are inundated with amateur reporting so it is not too much of a surprise.

I must say, this story is dying much faster than I thought it would, usually these NHL pipe dream stories take about 72-hours to die in the Hartford region, but it has only been 24 hours and most local news outlets are not even reporting it, or briefly mentioning it, and others are making sure to re**te earlier versions of the story and point out that there are NO specifics, NO names, NO team names, NO mention of who/what would be **nding it and the Governor made sure to point out that he only spoke to some middle-men and how people approach him every year floating proposals his direction.

This story has all the vague characteristics which the Baldwin-Bots like, because when a story is lacking facts and details, the Baldwin-Bots simply just fill in the blanks with their own fantasies and dreams, these kind of stories are choose-your-own-adventure books for them. Let's have a quick list of what this most recent news story includes:

[x] - no specifics mentioned

[x] - no location of a new arena mentioned

[x] - no cost of a new arena mentioned

[x] - no source of **nding for new arena mentioned

[x] - no name of representatives mentioned

[x] - no date as to when this conversation took place

[x] - no mention if **ture conversations would take place

[x] - no mention if it would be an expansion team or an already existing team

[x] - no mention of a team name

The fewer facts which are provided is better for the Baldwin-Bots, it's **n for them to dream, occupies their brain so they don't have to face the facts about the recent unpaid bills, the attendance **zzy numbers from WhaleFlop, and how attendance for a Playoffs game last year was only 1100. The gig is up, we know what really happened.

Still if anything it shows that the NHL doesn't look at Hartford like its Waterbury they look at Hartford like its possible

You can see its brought the trolls out in **ll force. If they didn't feel wrong they wouldn't have anything to say.

Well sorority girls, You missed another spelling mistake. Ck. page 6. I believe using the wrong homophone constitutes a SPELLING error. So girls, go fish.

I just got off the phone with some people in the know, who work down and around the capitol building and the general sentiment going around is that the name of Hartford was being used as a pawn for prospective buyers of a team who were pondering purchasing a team during the lockout and who were then going to shop around to different cities and pit offers from cities/states against each other, in a way to get the most "free" money from a state in which they could get an arena built for them. Malloy has spent the past 24 hours downplaying the entire event, he certainly does not want to end up like Rowland did when the Patriots used him and called his bluff. Later on today or tomorrow, I will be e-mailing Scott Gray to get his whole take on it, the timing of the release and the erroneous details included in the release are all indicative of how contrived this entire process is, it seems Malloy isn't going to be used this time around.

Whalevolution wrote:

> Bruce Marshall retired. Is that just a coincidence with everything going

> on? I mean he was there in June talking Hockey East and then now he is

> done before they even play their first game.

>

> I guess it might be because he has been there forever and UConn will be

> Hockey East's door mat. Maybe he is just getting out?

Or maybe it's because he took a medical leave of absence in November to deal with what is apparently a serious health issue and at 50 years of age with a wife and 4 kids he decided there are more important things in life.

I just thought of something about the Sound Tigers. If the Whale moves to Bridgeport, the Sound Tigers could move to Brooklyn, and when the Islanders move to Brooklyn, the Sound Tigers could just swap buildings and play in Uniondale. So that leaves Hartford completely in the dark. I'm sure Malloy and whoever manages the XL Center doesn't want to have the building without a main tenant for the first time in its history. With that in mind and the lockout over and teams looking to relocate and the rumor of expansion, this makes for very interesting timing.

And not to give a brainless moron who knows nobody the time of day, but of course Malloy wants to downplay it. The more attention it gets, the more it can get screwed up. It has no comparision to Rowland and the Patriots. Use your brain, Frank. Oh, wait...

Mr. Br***** Bonanza wrote:

> I just thought of something about the Sound Tigers. If the Whale moves to

> Bridgeport, the Sound Tigers could move to Brooklyn, and when the Islanders

> move to Brooklyn, the Sound Tigers could just swap buildings and play in

> Uniondale. So that leaves Hartford completely in the dark. I'm sure Malloy

> and whoever manages the XL Center doesn't want to have the building without

> a main tenant for the first time in its history. With that in mind and the

> lockout over and teams looking to relocate and the rumor of expansion, this

> makes for very interesting timing.

>

> And not to give a brainless moron who knows nobody the time of day, but of

> course Malloy wants to downplay it. The more attention it gets, the more it

> can get screwed up. It has no comparision to Rowland and the Patriots. Use

> your brain, Frank. Oh, wait...

From my understanding N*****au would be demolished.

I don't want the Rangers in Bridgeport, I want them out of the state COMPLETELY.

Whaler fans are DONE sitting at the back of the bus. We will not kowtow to these New Yorkers. We need to SHOW THE RANGERS THE DOOR.

:twisted:

gotta be honest with Frankie the *****brain here, alias WolfTwit98

I don't know what surprises me more...that you know people at the Capitol or that you know how to use a phone.