> hartford whalers are. i don't get out as much any more but when i do i

> almost always run into some one wearing something hartford whalers, and all

> ages too not just people my age and older but alot of kids too. there is a

> pretty big fan base now for a team that hasn't existed in over fifteen

> years, and for some of these kids a team that they have never known. just

> imagine what it will be like when they return. for those that don't like

> the whalers, old rivalries will be renewed,,,bring them home already...LETS

> GO WHALERS!!!

But according to Biggie everybody is Bruins, Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Wild, Ducks, Sabres, Flames, Avs, Hawks, Stars fans and the rest of CT is Hurricanes fans. And wait he even saw a Blue Jackets fan leaving Pizza Hut in OshKosh B'gosh, Connecticut. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've never said Hartford ****s. It just doesn't seem to care about hockey anymore. Also, I don't like any of those pages, I just comment on some of the topics. A lot of people have agreed with me, and my comments. This state doesn't seem to care about hockey, or that the XL Center has become rundown and needs to be updated. I like how you care so much about the Whalers, even though you were only four when they left, but I know a lot of people around my age that couldn't care less about the Whalers. They have been fans of other teams since before the Whalers left. I will not move to NY because I'm from CT and proud of it. I am a Ranger, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots fan and live in Enfield CT.

Also, stop stalking me. Is your life really that sad, that you have to look at my facebook page to make **n of me? Get a life.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Look at it this way monizzle, we had the whalers to love and root for and

> they were our team, please do not insert ahl here 2 different things

> entirely,I'm 37 and lots of people on this board are similar in age..what

> happened before the whalers got to Hartford, who did those people root for,

> whomever they did and not saying all of them, became whalers fans, why,

> because they were Hartfords team, Connecticut's team, our team..just a

> number but, if you have 5000 20 something year olds in Hartford and 1500 of

> them become whalers fans isn't that a good number..

A 50% grasp of that demographic is a reach and its not a numbers game to me its a loyalty game and those %'s of any number seem slim. Back in previous generations people cared more about hartford and being loyal to it. The average 20 something is trying to find a way to leave Ct and doesn't have much of a loyalty to the hartford area. I think thats where it will be harder. Im not saying it can't be done i just have my doubts knowing people my age and slightly older consistently showing up to events. Also i see less people playing hockey and less people who don't play hockey but watch it. These are 2 types of fans that will help **ture rallies to get a team or maintain attendance if a team were to come.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I've never said Hartford ****s. It just doesn't seem to care about hockey

> anymore.

Hmmm maybe because their "team" is an NY affiliate? Maybe it's because they were accustomed to watching the highest level of the best sport in the World and now their reduced to watching Shayne Wiebe and the rest of the career minor leaguers on the Whale?

> Also, I don't like any of those pages, I just comment on some of

> the topics.

Aka Trolling.

> A lot of people have agreed with me, and my comments.

Yea your Wolf Pack buddies.

> The state doesn't seem to care about hockey, or that the XL Center has become

> rundown and needs to be updated.

The 25,000+ people watching live hockey last Sa****ay night beg to differ.

> I like how you care so much about the

> Whalers, even though you were only four when they left, but I know a lot of

> people around my age that couldn't care less about the Whalers.

You're also not from Central Connecticut you live on the M*****achusetts border...

> I am a Patriots fan.

It's all beginning to make sense.

> Also, stop stalking me. Is your life really that sad, that you have to look

> at my facebook page to make **n of me? Get a life.

Clicking on some *****s profile who time after time trashes the Whalers and idea of the return of the NHL on Whalers pages hardly counts as stalking. Maybe you should get a life and move on and leave Whalers fans alone instead of making it your personal crusade to tear down peoples dreams.

Edited by Guest

Biggie1083 wrote:

" They are Rangers, Bruins, Devils, Islanders, and Sabres fans."

Again with this? Do you know how to say ANYTHING else?

Listen up, RangiePack98. All you do here is post your anti-Hartford opinion under the guise of "Rumors." Every piece of rumor or speculation you hear always seems to be some pro-Rags propaganda, & somehow you never seem to hear anything else; always "surprised" when something else is brought up.

You're worse than your friend WP98 who admires you so much, because he can't help being a complete idiot. You're doing everything you can to hold on to your dream that the Lose-Shirts can still keep their farm team here, regardless of how much better off Hartford would be without them.

Unless you learn how to say anything else or post something of any substance whatsoever, as opposed to combating every pro-Hartford post you can, why don't you consider doing Hartford a favor & shutting the front door?

whalers76 wrote:

> my daughter is three years old, every time i put a hockey game on the tv

> she gets excited and says " daddy look its a hockey game, is it the

> whalers"

no offense (and its great your exposing your daughter to hockey) but your a guy who cares enough about hartford hockey that your on this message board. And so am I my **ture kids will be watching hockey from the delivery room too. But you and I are both outliers. The average sports fan in CT is not exposing thier kid to hockey. And as far as kids/teens/young adults 0-25 who wear whalers stuff the majority of them are wearing it for the style or because it looks cool. Growing up i remember going to the last whalers game but the majority of kids wearing whalers stuff or even saying bring back the whalers didn't care about hockey they wore the clothes to be "cool" or they went to the meadows music theatre drunk and chanted "bring back the whalers" because it was hip.

My whole life i have been trying to get friends and family into hockey and many times its worked. But its going to take allot more people to do what your doing with your daughter or what i do with people i know to get a hockey fanbase good enough for the NHL consistently. It certainly can be done but to think right now to *****ume to market will attend games regularly at consisent rates is a crapshoot.

Hey Idiot, I care enough about Hartford Hockey to spend my money there, and will keep spending my money there if the affiliation changes. I don't spend my money in other places in spite of what Hartford Hockey is doing now.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I will not move to

> NY because I'm from CT and proud of it. I am a Ranger, Celtics, Red Sox,

> and Patriots fan and live in Enfield CT.

Same here, brother, Patriots Nation, Wolf Pack Nation, and Celtics Nation. When AEG brings the Wolf Pack back, I hope you and I are some of the first two guys in the building that night, wearing our Wolf Pack jerseys and our Patriots hat (I wear the old school one with the Pat Patriots logo). It was guys like you and me who put Hartford on the hockey map back in 2000 when we brought the Calder Cup to Hartford, we played Rochester twice in Hartford and two of those three games ended in SHUTOUTS, we were stopping everything that Rochester was sending our way, and June 4th, 2000 was the glory day for Hartford hockey.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > I will not move to

> > NY because I'm from CT and proud of it. I am a Ranger, Celtics, Red Sox,

> > and Patriots fan and live in Enfield CT.

>

>

> Same here, brother, Patriots Nation, Wolf Pack Nation, and Celtics Nation. When AEG

> brings the Wolf Pack back, I hope you and I are some of the first two guys in the

> building that night, wearing our Wolf Pack jerseys and our Patriots hat (I wear the

> old school one with the Pat Patriots logo). It was guys like you and me who put

> Hartford on the hockey map back in 2000 when we brought the Calder Cup to Hartford,

> we played Rochester twice in Hartford and two of those three games ended in SHUTOUTS,

> we were stopping everything that Rochester was sending our way, and June 4th, 2000

> was the glory day for Hartford hockey.

Hey look Biggie logged onto his 2nd account!

Trust me. That guys is an idiot. He thinks that AEG is the best thing for Hartford Hockey. I've heard that if AEG wins the bid, they will kick out the AHL. Not just the Rangers, but no AHL at all. They would only have UConn sports at the XL Center, concert, and events.

He also doesn't realize that if it wasn't for the Whalers, then we'd never have had the Wolf Pack. He also seems to think the Wolf Pack are what people think of when they hear Hartford Hockey. :roll:

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I've heard that if AEG wins the bid, they will kick out

> the AHL.

Biggie, the Baldwin-Bots are lying to you, the Baldwin-Bots are cooking up these lies about AEG because the Baldwin-Bots know deep down that erasing the Wolf Pack brand was a huge mistake (as Scott Gray has admitted on the radio), and the Baldwin-Bots will do anything in their power to stop AEG from fixing Baldwin's big mistake which he made 30 months ago.

AEG + MSG + Wolf Pack Nation = ANOTHER CALDER CUP for the Wolf Pack within the next 5 years !

Monizzle I've tried to have a legitimate convo with you but you seem to think your way or no way because you don't see that many people play hockey, my grandmother never played hockey and she was a huge whaler fan, your logic is for idiots so I'm done with you.. Biggie, New Jersey has a team right, to the south they are all flyers fans, where I am in east Rutherford there are mostly ranger fans, wowwwwww there are even islander fans and penguin fans and holy ******* Edmonton fans.. Your logic is stupid.. Like I said earlier, before the whalers I'm sure there were many outside fans in Hartford, than when the whalers came in they grew to love them just like you love the rangers.. Bottom line you don't want the NHL back here because it will be hartford, Connecticut's team and it will no longer be your ranger minors.. Please global

You're right, it did work back in the 70's. I just don't see it happening again. I don't see that many people switching to the Whalers. People are more invested with the team now, than they were back then. If you didn't go to a game back then, you only had four ways to knows what happened, you watched on tv, you asked someone who was there, you listened to the radio, or you read the paper. Now, I can get text updates from the games on my phone. Honestly, I just don't know how many of these people would become Whalers fans just because they were here. It could happen, but it's just my personal opinion that I don't think it will happen.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Monizzle I've tried to have a legitimate convo with you but you seem to

> think your way or no way because you don't see that many people play

> hockey, my grandmother never played hockey and she was a huge whaler fan,

> your logic is for idiots so I'm done with you

Thats great your grandmother loved the whalers I am not saying non hockey player can't love the game. All I am saying is based on my experience being 22 hanging with people slightly older than me and my age I think i know a little more about that demographic than most people on this board. All your doing is throwing out random numbers and saying "if we get x amount of those people it will work". And while i consider that perhaps my view of the market might be wrong you can't even consider the fact your opinion that fans will magically show up consistently could be wrong. Especally when its a totally different decade and age than when the whalers were here last.

I am not saying in stone if a team comes back this is how it will be. All I am saying is with current knowledge this is how i think a specific demographic will respond to an NHL team.If my logic is flawed how come every collegiate sports team in this region has been known to have fair weather attendance? I am just using the fluctuating attendance of current sports teams like uconn basketbal/football and thinking if a pro team comes it won't be any different?

Well after all the accolades that members have given Biggie as far as his personality goes, he gotten a little frisky lately. Watching this fiasco for these years concerning hockey and Hartford, I believe most of the heated debate is based on anger with little to no critical thinking. I admit that I'm guilty of some of it,but there is great deal of denial and stupid hate**l angry statements posted over the years. No, I don't have the answers,but I do understand the reality of it. For the 100th time; Hartford is not a major market for any big time sport. It is a small town with big time tastes for entertainment. The only way NHL has any chance is for very power**l people put this on the front burner, and long experience with politicians and big money there is NO chance for that happening. MSG AEG and the the political numb skulls will probably prevail. Padro, Dan the man, and the federal empty suits representing this state DON"T CARE about the sport. Get it swallow it and move the ***** on

Biggie1083 wrote:

"Honestly, I just don't know how many of these people would become Whalers fans just because they were here. It could happen, but it's just my personal opinion that I don't think it will happen."

Your 'personal opinions' of Hartford hockey are as objective & contemplative as the Pope's book review of Darwin's The Origin of Species.

Jersey you're right up front with his head in the sand. Seattle, Quebec City, Toronto are way ahead of hartford on the list. What seems to make the most sense is a clean sweep of the situation. First accept the reality of Hartford Ct. starting with it's culture demographics and geo. location. The AHL is a good fit, not for me, but for the over all situation mentioned. Start over with affiliation, team name, team colors,theme song etc. Then lower the ticket prices so families with kids can afford it. As for me, no I can never be an AHL fanatical fan. To each his own right? I would go to some games if the Ranger tag was gone. So why do I not belong on this board? NO I'm not inclined to believe in things that have little to no chance in the reality surrounding it. That might be something you might consider. So what's the problem?????

You said get over it and move on not me.. The sad part is that you yourself dosnt beleive in Hartford, how is anyone going to.. Hartford was before and still can be a succse**ll franchise, not talkig about on the ice but making money..as far as the 3 cities being ahead of Hartford how is that possible if they don't even have a temp home to play in.. I think it's pretty even... And besides that there are more than 3 teams with problems in the league..I'm sure not everyone on this board agrees with you that we can't be a solid hockey market unless there name is biggie.. I myself remember what it used to be like downtown for whalers games and it will be again..