Sign in to follow this  
Whalers4Ever

Dragging it out ........

Why do I have this sinking feeling that even when the announcement comes that the Rangers have signed an extension to remain in Hartford that Global Spectrum will "delay" or even hide the fact that any name change is forth coming. Getting season ticket holders to renew their seats and then after the money is paid (late summer/early fall) break the news that the team has been re-branded. Personally I will not renew until I have definitive proof (statement) that both the Whale brand and br***** bonanza are staying intact. I will not be tricked into paying for something that I will not enjoy or support.

why won't you renew unless its the whale brand? do you enjoy being tricked and lied to? i think they should change their name to the rangers, show themselves for who they are. i can't imagine any true hartford whalers fan enjoys hearing br***** bonanza being played in the xl center for any team other than the whalers. and weather its the rangers or any other affiliate why would you want them to wear the green and blue? do want to be fooled in thinking your watching the whalers? everyone keeps bickering on here about a name change, but as it has been stated on here a thousand times before" its still the same team", the new york rangers and its still the ahl,,,both ****,,,LETS GO WHALERS!!!

Long-time Hartford hockey fan here, and NO, I will not attend any games as long as the Championship brand is not on the ice, until there is a removal of the failed Whale experiment brand from the XL Center, I will continue to boycott all hockey games in Hartford. The year was 2000, the Hartford Civic Center was booming, restaurants littered the perimeter of the arena, we were in the tail-end of the Clinton years where the country was flying high, the economy was booming and we were respected around the world, and here at home we were raising a Championship banner to the rafters, Hartford's first and only professional championship. The city and country were a different place then, there was no talk about installing metal detectors at elementary schools or the bankers robbing us, instead we had optimism in the air and we were proud of our Wolf Pack, fan favorites such as PJ Stock and Derek Armstrong were on the ice, and when you would enter that Hartford Civic Center at 7pm, you would exit the concourse and enter the sports hall, they would turn the lights down, howling could be here in the distance, the jumbotron would light up with the image of a pack of wolves running set amongst the backdrop of the city of Hartford skyline, and it was the season of the wolf.

BRING BACK THE PACK !

You're even dumber politically than you are hockey-wise.

However, the laugh I got with your statement "...it was the season of the wolf" made clicking on this post well worth the click.

The Season of the Wolf! Hahahaha

Edited by Guest

Nine out of 10 people in the Hartford area don't know what the wolf pack was. That's why it's dead and buried for life.

Nine out of 10 people know exactly what the Whale is and means to the city, which is why it's staying.

You play "Br***** Bonanza" to someone, they know exactly what it is. You play a freaking wolf howl, and I'll give you $10 if someone says, "DUDE! Like, that's the old Hartford wolf pack howl, man! DUDE!!!"

:lol:

Are you kidding me you are not being tricked into anything. Look I don't want the name to change again it would be stupid. But what you will get next year is a rangers affiliated minor league hockey team. If you don't want to support a rangers affiliated team that is one thing I can respect that. But at the end of the day it is what it is regardless of name.

Not renewing because of treatment as a ticket holder or underhand comments by rangers ownership about hartford or talent or higher concessions is one thing. But not renewing because of the name change puts you on the same level as wolf pack groupie 1998. Not to mention we need to embrace global if we want any type of hockey **ture NHL or AHL and give them a chance.

"and when you would enter that Hartford Civic Center at 7pm, you would exit the concourse and enter the sports hall, they would turn the lights down, howling could be here in the distance, the jumbotron would light up with the image of a pack of wolves running set amongst the backdrop of the city of Hartford skyline, and it was the season of the wolf."

That sounds insipid, I'm glad I never saw it...

Maybe for the home opener next year they can have wolves running on the river when it's frozen and than out of nowhere a whale breaks through the ices and blasts them back to reality because they are never coming back..hey *****brick98 what are you guaranteed sources saying now

It really cracks me up when Wolf Pack fans act like winning the Calder Cup was the pinnacle of Hartford Hockey. Please, were you even around for Whalers playoff hockey? Some of those games at the Civic Center were just electrifying. It's like comparing UConn winning the NIT as apposed to playing in the elite 8 of the NCAA. Do you have any idea what it was like to sit in that arena with nearly 16,000 fans screaming so loud that you could barley hear br***** bonanza playing when the Whalers scored. And they weren't somebody's farm team, they were our team. Nothing the Wolf Pack accomplished can ever even come close.

"I do agree with you on that but Pack fans will just argue that they won Hartford's only championship. I can see WP1998 asking "How many championships did the Whalers win?"..........I'd rather jump off a bridge than admit that he's right."

I used to coach youth hockey, and our Pee Wee team won a tournament championship a while back. Should I bring that up in every post? I'm sure most people would care about that about as much as they care about the Wolf Pack winning a championship...

To get back on topic here for a moment...

As I said on another thread, there appears to be one sticking point in the deal to keep the Rangers here. Unfortunately, I have been asked not to reveal the exact details of said sticking point, but it is not expected to be a deal-breaker.

If my source is correct...we're worrying about the name change and all of that other bull***** for nothing. Just saying.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> To get back on topic here for a moment...

>

> As I said on another thread, there appears to be one sticking point in the

> deal to keep the Rangers here. Unfortunately, I have been asked not to

> reveal the exact details of said sticking point, but it is not expected to

> be a deal-breaker.

>

> If my source is correct...we're worrying about the name change and all of

> that other bull***** for nothing. Just saying.

Hope you're right Mark. As I sat in my seat at last night's game I realized how much I truly enjoyed the CT Whale experience. The rhythmic "clapping" to br***** bonanza after a goal, welcoming to the ice our CT Whale. It would absolutely be put off if anything were to change (other than improvements to the XL Center itself of course).