Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

Latest Rumors, Innuendos & Guesses; Post 'Em Here

"If the Hartford WolfPack averaged 6,000 a game next season MarkH would find a way to twist the numbers to say the Whale did better this season."

If the Hartford WolfPack average 6,000 a game next season, I'll buy 4 **ll season tickets for the following season and donate them to charities in the area.

"MarkH wants to compare the last games under the WolfPack brand going out vs the Whale brand coming in. Not a far comparison when AEG was doing everything in its power to get rid of Hartford Hockey entirely in 09-10."

Of course, I should use the first 95 games from 15 years ago...yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :roll:

At least you admit your company was trying to get rid of Hartford hockey entirely...which of course is why they were so pissed at the Baldwins and proceeded to screw them over with a hideous lease.

We're finally getting somewhere. I'm still sorry about you losing your job though.

Comparing first 95 games with Wolfpack name and first 95 games with Whale name is not fair cause Whale name did not start getting used right at start of the first season it was used in so Baldwins did not have chance to promote it that first year. It is more fair to compare first **ll season with wolfpack name and first **ll season with Whale name and see how those numbers compare.

"Comparing first 95 games with Wolfpack name and first 95 games with Whale name is not fair cause Whale name did not start getting used right at start of the first season it was used in. It is more fair to compare first **ll season with Wolfpack name and first **ll season with Whale name and see how those numbers compare."

OK, so then let me ask you this...is it fair to compare numbers from 16 years ago to today? That's equally unfair. Lots of things have changed in 16 years, none of them have to do with hockey.

Do you want me to take out the first 11 games of 2010/11 and use that? Do you want me to stop after 2008/09? If you can come up with a fair situation, I'll be happy to compare the numbers.

No I wouldn't think you can compare numbers from years ago either. There is nothing to compare, other then the amount of people attending hockey games in Hartford year to year........That's it, has nothing to do with brands. Maybe has something to do with something that is new, because curiosity brings in people to see how it's going to be done, but that's it.....Marketing a team, marketing a team, marketing a team. That has a lot more to do with it, then a name. AEG wasn't marketing the team before the rebrand and WSE was marketing the team after...that is until they ran out of money to market it. Then suddenly the number were at similar levels as the WolfPack.

I'm sure Frank Russo knows this and I'm sure Global knows this. You and your pathetic friends on this board are the only ones that think the deal is being held up for a name.

Spoke with someone from the Whalers Booster Club and they said if you really care about Hartford Hockey then you should be attending at least 20-25 games a year. Mark, you don't do that and neither do a lot of people that shoot off their mouths on this board about what should be happening.

I hope they let the **ll season ticket holders vote on a new name on Wednesday. Those are the people that deserve a say. Not people like you Mark.

I said more fair not perfect. Nothing going to be perfect. Some People argue Wolfpack name had to go cause atendance was getting lower under the name but like you say Mark lots of things change in 16 years and none of them had to do with hockey. those things could have cause atendance to drop and not wolfpack name so why compare anything. Lets just worry about things that matter now like if were gonna have a AHL team here next year.

Edited by Guest

I worry that Flames stay in abbotsford and Rangers move to Utica and owners of adirondack wont let Phantoms move to hartford even for just next year. Then we'll be with no Ahl team next year. that would ****.

I tend to agree with that logic, we need to quit comparing the AHL attendance past and focus on building on the **ture. The demographic makeup of our population is ever changing in our area, 16 year comparisons are irrelevant, these are different times, some different people and a totally different economy. It's time to stop looking in the rear view mirror to see where we've been, lets look ahead to see where we're going, BUT, lets not forget our rich NHL & AHL hockey history. There is something there for every Hartford hockey fan, no matter what faction. Lets work with Frank Russo and embrace his decisions going forward. We have nothing else!

"That's it, has nothing to do with brands"

So what happened between 2001 and 2007 when MSG was here, marketed the team, and the attendance still fell? What's your excuse then?

"I'm sure Frank Russo knows this and I'm sure Global knows this. You and your pathetic friends on this board are the only ones that think the deal is being held up for a name."

If it wasn't the name, then surely the deal would have been signed 2 weeks ago when Russo said...or maybe it would have been signed "at any time" on 2/16 like Paul Doyle said...or maybe a deal was "imminent" like it was on Thursday. Except....there is no deal. At least not yet. If the name really didn't matter, like you say...the deal would have been done 2 weeks ago. So, oh BurkeIsAGeniusInHisOwnMoronicMind, if it's not the name, what is the holdup?

"Spoke with someone from the Whalers Booster Club and they said if you really care about Hartford Hockey then you should be attending at least 20-25 games a year."

Really? Since I am actually in the booster club, I would appreciate it very much if you mentioned the name of the person you spoke with. Because I can tell you...that at least...90% of the booster club members...at least the ones I know are active...don't go to nearly as many games as I do. I've been to about half the games this year to this point. So I'm right on your little fictitious 20-25 game pace you think I need to have to have any say.

"I hope they let the **ll season ticket holders vote on a new name on Wednesday"

So now the decision is going to come on Wednesday???? Or is that another in your long line of bull***** stories you've shared with us?

We'll embrace Frank Russo's decisions if they help us get back into the NHL. We will not support his decisions if they are detrimental to NHL status. Decisions that support creating and sustaining Rangers fans in this market will NOT be supported. :x

BurkeIsGod wrote:

> No I wouldn't think you can compare numbers from years ago either. There

> is nothing to compare, other then the amount of people attending hockey

> games in Hartford year to year........That's it, has nothing to do with

> brands. Maybe has something to do with something that is new, because

> curiosity brings in people to see how it's going to be done, but that's

> it.....Marketing a team, marketing a team, marketing a team. That has a

> lot more to do with it, then a name. AEG wasn't marketing the team before

> the rebrand and WSE was marketing the team after...that is until they ran

> out of money to market it. Then suddenly the number were at similar levels

> as the WolfPack.

> I'm sure Frank Russo knows this and I'm sure Global knows this. You and

> your pathetic friends on this board are the only ones that think the deal

> is being held up for a name.

>

> Spoke with someone from the Whalers Booster Club and they said if you

> really care about Hartford Hockey then you should be attending at least

> 20-25 games a year. Mark, you don't do that and neither do a lot of people

> that **** off their mouths on this board about what should be happening.

>

> I hope they let the **ll season ticket holders vote on a new name on

> Wednesday. Those are the people that deserve a say. Not people like you

> Mark.

OK so people who pay 45% less for their tickets should make the decision? Thats top shelf hockey management there.

if Russo and Global do there work and tell us they find out hartford does not fit in NHL plans and Hartfords **ture is being a AHL city what are we gonna do then? what if governor Malloy and state government and hartfords mayor dont want to invest money needed to get a new arena built or Xl center good enough for NHL and Russo and Global tell us that hartford is a AHL city? Are we gonna complain and pull support from Frank russo and Global if he tells us Hartford is a AHL city or arehockey fans around here gonna still support them?

Ah yes, typical Burke. When caught in one of his many lies, he disappears.

He didn't speak to anybody in the BC, and like us, he has no clue when the announcement will come.

20-25 games...LMAO...I know members of the Booster Club that have been to ZERO games this year. As in NOT ONE....do you think that will stop them from speaking their minds?

What a total tool you are Burke. True WolfPack s*****.

Wait Evo, you're not a season ticket holder (even though you go to most games), so you should have no say... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you know how totally *****inine that sounds!?!?!?!?!?

"if Russo and Global do there work and tell us they find out hartford does not fit in NHL plans and Hartfords **ture is being a AHL city what are we gonna do then? what if governor Malloy and state government and hartfords mayor dont want to invest money needed to get a new arena built or Xl center good enough for NHL and Russo and Global tell us that hartford is a AHL city? Are we gonna complain and pull support from Frank russo and Global if he tells us Hartford is a AHL city or arehockey fans around here gonna still support them?"

If we were told that the NHL was not in Hartford's **ture, that would ****, but at that point you still have to figure out what they want to do with the existing facility. For AHL games, if that's really all we're going to have, it's fine. You'd need a few things to enhance the experience...but nothing major. Now...they could also do a major renovation anyway to ensure the building is around for another 30-40 years, at that point, I'd take seats out, add mid-level seats, whatever necessary...and make it the nicest 13,000-14,000 seat arena around. The XL is in a **nny spot size wise...it's almost too small for the NHL, but it's almost too big for the AHL...

Either way, whether the NHL is in the plans or not, something has to be done with the building...the question is how much.

>"I hope they let the **ll season ticket holders vote on a new name on

> Wednesday. Those are the people that deserve a say. Not people like you

> Mark."

Well I'm a **ll season ticket holder and I know how I would vote. I also know if they change the name to Wolf Pack or Rangers I will no longer be a season ticket holder.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> >"I hope they let the **ll season ticket holders vote on a new name on

> > Wednesday. Those are the people that deserve a say. Not people like you

> > Mark."

>

>

> Well I'm a **ll season ticket holder and I know how I would vote. I also know if

> they change the name to Wolf Pack or Rangers I will no longer be a season ticket

> holder.

Burke is god loses 1-0 lol!

Then good news is Global says they will put enough money in Xl to let state get like 20 million of loans and bonds right? if state gets that 20 million plus global putting money in then that could add up to 30 million Crda says would allow upgrading Xl. Might not be some $100 mill total renovation but still better then now. More than Aeg was willing to do.

Edited by Guest

The state and the Whalers entered into a Settlement Agreement that allowed the Whalers to relocate from the HCC in exchange for $20.5 million, to be paid annually through July 1, 2012. The didn't put any of that money into the XL Center. The only groups that put money into the XL Center are MSG and AEG. The state doesn't care about improving the XL Center, or investing in it. That's why Baldwin's plan was laughed at. He wanted the state to pay for the improvements to the XL Center.

Maybe it has to do with money, or years or loop holes to get out of the contract. Or maybe its signed and not public for the simple reason that AEG requested not to announce a name change in the middle of their season. Could be a million things, I don't know.....

Think about the other 10% Mark.....Think about the people that would go on a trip to WBS.........It was their statement....it's up to them to tell it to you not me. See I respect this person...

Um hi. When I posted this thread entitled 'Latest Rumors, Innuendos & Guesses; Post 'Em Here,' I was kind of hoping most of the comments would include some of the Latest Rumors, Innuendos & Guesses.

If anyone has any, that'd be great. Thanks.

Edited by Guest