Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

Latest Rumors, Innuendos & Guesses; Post 'Em Here

WhalePack wrote:

> That's too **nny, we all know in every thread after the 6th or 7th post

> everything gets off-topic and the usual bar room brawl breaks out!

THAT'S A BINNNGGOOOOO!!!

I guess the guy who leads the board that runs the arena in Utica says that theres no deal done with the Flames and that local business men have talked to more then one NHL team about moving to Utica. and one of those business guys is rob esche who played for the Flyers and he says the same thing that he and his partner have talked to more then one team and nothing is done. so hockey fans in utica probaly feel the same way all us Hartford hockey fans do about the wait and see.

"Think about the other 10% Mark.....Think about the people that would go on a trip to WBS.........It was their statement....it's up to them to tell it to you not me. See I respect this person..."

OK, so you're lying to me. Big surprise there, kind of goes right along with your track record. I can think of exactly two people that would go with the CT Whale booster club to Scranton, and since these people have known me for exactly...5 to 6 months, I doubt very highly that they would tell you one way or the other about how many games I should or should not attend. So once again...you're **ll of bull*****...unless you want to tell me on this board who it is, I'm not believing you.

By the way, if you too scared to say the name, just give the initials, I'll be able to figure it out.

Edited by Guest

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Well if there's no deal done yet with Utica, I have a great idea:

>

> "Ladies & gentlemen welcome to Hockey Night in Hartford. Tonight,

> your Hartford Flames take on the Utica Wolf * Pack"

>

> Seems like an obvious & simple fix.

No, I don't even want the wolf pack in another city if the rags move elsewhere. Keep the wolf pack dead and buried, ship the banners to the new building and burn them half way there, and rid the world of that garbage forever.

> Well if there's no deal done yet with Utica, I have a great idea:

>

> "Ladies & gentlemen welcome to Hockey Night in Hartford. Tonight,

> your Hartford Flames take on the Utica Wolf * Pack"

>

> Seems like an obvious & simple fix.

Don't need to adopt the name "Flames" we can still be the Whale, just with a flaming "C" on the jersey shoulder.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> Don't need to adopt the name "Flames" we can still be the Whale, just with

> a flaming "C" on the jersey shoulder.

Exactly.

As an aside, I thought it ws cool when Calgary used the old Atlanta Flames logo for their alternate captain "A"...I guess they don't do that anymore.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

Well if there's no deal done yet with Utica, I have a great idea:

"Ladies & gentlemen welcome to Hockey Night in Hartford. Tonight, your Hartford Flames take on the Utica Wolf * Pack." Seems like an obvious & simple fix.

"Don't need to adopt the name "Flames" we can still be the Whale, just with a flaming "C" on the jersey shoulder."

That's cool. Even a 'Flaming Whale' would be good. Whatever they want.

Actually a Whalers jersey with a 'Flaming C' shoulder patch would look great. The Flames jerseys have always been a top 5 jersey in terms of coolness.

lebaron92 wrote:

"The Flames jerseys have always been a top 5 jersey in terms of coolness..."

" ...I beg to differ:"

"http://www.hockeyhistory.org/2011/02/calgary-flames-throw-back-jerseys-for.html"

" http://www.x929.ca/shows/newsboy/?p=11215"

Did you just provide links to show me that my opinion on what jerseys I myself think are cool, is wrong?

Huh. Who knew I could be wrong about what I myself prefer. I always thought I didn't like escargot either, but maybe you can find some links to show me that I actually do.

"OK, so you're lying to me. Big surprise there, kind of goes right along with your track record. I can think of exactly two people that would go with the CT Whale booster club to Scranton, and since these people have known me for exactly...5 to 6 months, I doubt very highly that they would tell you one way or the other about how many games I should or should not attend. So once again...you're **ll of bull*****...unless you want to tell me on this board who it is, I'm not believing you."

You know what? Fine don't believe ME. This person probably wouldn't admit to saying it to you just not to have to argue with you. Can't say I blame them, it's a waste of time arguing with you. The truth is hearing this makes me hate fans of my former NHL team a little less. I used to love seeing people wear the Whalers jersey when they were here. Now when I see people wearing a Whalers jersey, I think of people like you. I just gotta remember there still are good ones that don't make a mockery out of the Hartford Whalers brand. I don't care if you think I'm lying.

One of the reasons I want the NHL back sooner than later is to stop all this infighting. This is a Hartford Whalers message board, and we all have p*****ionate feelings for our team. Once the Whalers are back, this will all be moot and we'll be cheering on a major league team in our back yard once again. It can't come soon enough.

In your mind Burke, which Whaler fan would not "make a mockery of the Whalers brand"? Let me guess...only one who accepts that the Whalers are gone and is obsessed with hearing an idiotic recording of a wolf howling?

Burke, everything you have ever said here has turned out to be a lie. So why should this be any different?

See, you made this bed, we didn't. You've come on here periodically and spewed your bull*****, and before, we bought it hook, line and sinker. Now we're on to you, and you're pissed, so you're trying to start something out of nothing. You never talked to anyone in the HWBC while the CTWBC was in Scranton, chances are you never went to Scranton. It's all one big story to get me to make a jack***** out of myself Friday night. Sorry pal, not happening.

If you want me to believe you, there are two things now that need to happen...one, you tell me the person you spoke with and make it public on this board, and two, you show up Friday night at the HWBC table so this person can repeat what they said to you...to me. If you don't, then I have no choice but to *****ume you're lying. Again. Ho-hum.

"Now when I see people wearing a Whalers jersey, I think of people like you. I just gotta remember there still are good ones that don't make a mockery out of the Hartford Whalers brand."

Add this to your long list of bull***** tales...if you were a Whalers fan, I'm the King of England.

I always make **n of England to my buddy from there. If your their king, I think I owe him an apology.

BTW...why should I care about proving myself to someone that won't set foot in The Hartford Arena next season.

I never said I wouldn't step foot in the arena. I said I wouldn't go for AHL hockey. Last I checked, there was more than just AHL hockey played there.

Of course, if they do the smart thing and keep things the way they are, which would please the majority of the fanbase and not 98, you and 6 other hapless imbeciles, then I will move up to either 20 games or **ll season tickets, depending on how they're going to set up the prices for next year.

As far as "proving yourself", if you prefer to be known as a pathological liar and a s*****bag, it's no skin off my nose, believe me. You just prove me right (again) with every denial.

Latest rumor I heard from a former Trinity hockey player today, who graduated within the past 2 years, is that the organization in Hartford and higher ups in New York City are considering going back to the former rebranding as the Connecticut Whale, hoping that it will increase attendance and state subsidies, this former Trinity hockey player now works at the Legislative Office Building and is often privy to such information.