Sign in to follow this  
WhalePack

3 more years of Hartford hockey!!!

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> For the record, the title of this thread is a misnomer.

>

> Regardless of whether it was the Parasites who signed up here, there

> would've been more years of Hartford hockey. Better years, actually.

>

> A more accurate title would be, "3 more years of divisive, nearly

> unmarketable Hartford hockey."

>

> Great.

Very good point. At least we now know that if there is a name change coming, that we will only have to endure it for 3 seasons. By then Global and the State will see the writing on the wall and finally be ready to make the move to a new affiliation.

Interesting. Buried within the article on WFSB.com is this statement:

"Madison Square Garden will continue to run the Whale, while Global Spectrum will take over day-to-day operations of the XL Center from the group that also owns the Bushnell"

Aren't both points incorrect, meaning Global Spectrum will run the Whale team and the group that owns the Bushnell does not operate the XLCenter today. Am I missing something?

Whalers4Ever wrote:

"For the record, the title of this thread is a misnomer. Regardless of whether it was the Parasites who signed up here, there would've been more years of Hartford hockey. Better years, actually.

A more accurate title would be, "3 more years of divisive, nearly unmarketable Hartford hockey."

Great."

"Very good point. At least we now know that if there is a name change coming, that we will only have to endure it for 3 seasons. By then Global and the State will see the writing on the wall and finally be ready to make the move to a new affiliation."

That's the thing Whalers4Ever. Why does it need to take 3 more seasons to "see the writing on the wall"? It should be obvious by now to anyone who has even minimal interest in this subject & also possesses the ability to see & hear.

>

> That's the thing Whalers4Ever. Why does it need to take 3 more seasons to

> "see the writing on the wall"? It should be obvious by now to

> anyone who has even minimal interest in this subject & also possesses

> the ability to see & hear.

I don't know why others can't see what's clear to both of us. If nothing changes (Name/music) I will go along for the ride as I do enjoy the Whale games as they are currently structured. Hope**lly Global will improve upon things with regard to the XL Center itself, but any thing I perceive as a downgrade (such as a name change, goal song change) and I will be forced to get my hockey fix elsewhere and then see what happens in 3 years.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> >

> > That's the thing Whalers4Ever. Why does it need to take 3 more seasons to

> > "see the writing on the wall"? It should be obvious by now to

> > anyone who has even minimal interest in this subject & also possesses

> > the ability to see & hear.

>

>

> I don't know why others can't see what's clear to both of us. If nothing changes

> (Name/music) I will go along for the ride as I do enjoy the Whale games as they are

> currently structured. Hope**lly Global will improve upon things with regard to the

> XL Center itself, but any thing I perceive as a downgrade (such as a name change,

> goal song change) and I will be forced to get my hockey fix elsewhere and then see

> what happens in 3 years.

Have a good time. Remind me when the 3 years are up, please.

"I don't know why others can't see what's clear to both of us. If nothing changes (Name/music) I will go along for the ride as I do enjoy the Whale games as they are currently structured. Hope**lly Global will improve upon things with regard to the XL Center itself, but any thing I perceive as a downgrade (such as a name change, goal song change) and I will be forced to get my hockey fix elsewhere and then see what happens in 3 years."

Make that three of us. Yes, the Rangers were not the best team solution, I readily admit that, and I also readily admit that they could pull the rug from out from under us and change the name anyway. At this point, you have to go by the old line in "The Godfather"...keep your friends close...and your enemies closer. I put nothing past the Rangers at this point, absolutely nothing. But one thing I know...Global knows their hockey...they know the history of hockey in this market...and they know that they'll have the opportunity in 2016 to send the Rangers packing (which I am like 100% sure they will)

Monizzle145 wrote:

> Does anyone know what type of business interactions or payments that have

> to be made in order to have the whale brand under MSG and Global? Like do

> they have to get baldwins wish or pay him some sort of fee to have the

> rights for the name since WSE created the brand/logo?

Baldwin doesn't even own the Whale trademark anymore. He abandoned it. It's listed as a "dead" trademark. I don't want to start anything but the Whalers trademark is "alive" and owned by the NHL, and the Wolf Pack trademark is "alive", too.

> Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > >

> > > That's the thing Whalers4Ever. Why does it need to take 3 more seasons to

> > > "see the writing on the wall"? It should be obvious by now to

> > > anyone who has even minimal interest in this subject & also possesses

> > > the ability to see & hear.

> >

> >

> > I don't know why others can't see what's clear to both of us. If nothing

> changes

> > (Name/music) I will go along for the ride as I do enjoy the Whale games as they

> are

> > currently structured. Hope**lly Global will improve upon things with regard to

> the

> > XL Center itself, but any thing I perceive as a downgrade (such as a name

> change,

> > goal song change) and I will be forced to get my hockey fix elsewhere and then

> see

> > what happens in 3 years.

>

> Have a good time. Remind me when the 3 years are up, please.

I respect your decision. I will not be as some others and say something stupid like "You have to support Hartford hockey no matter what team we have". As that's just ridiculous. We must all do as we see fit as we all have the right to either attend or not based on our own personal decisions and preferences. Hope**lly we can all come together at some point in the **ture (say ....... 3 years maybe) and finally rid our city of the Rangers and at long last bring in a new affiliation. Then watch us soar to new heights. As long as the Whale, green and blue and br***** bonanza remain intact, I'll tread the water for 3 years and see where we are at that time. Cheers to you my Whaler friend, I will keep the faith with you.

Whalers4Ever wrote:

"Have a good time. Remind me when the 3 years are up, please."

"I respect your decision. I will not be as some others and say something stupid like "You have to support Hartford hockey no matter what team we have". As that's just ridiculous. We must all do as we see fit as we all have the right to either attend or not based on our own personal decisions and preferences. Hope**lly we can all come together at some point in the **ture (say ....... 3 years maybe) and finally rid our city of the Rangers and at long last bring in a new affiliation. Then watch us soar to new heights. As long as the Whale, green and blue and br***** bonanza remain intact, I'll tread the water for 3 years and see where we are at that time. Cheers to you my Whaler friend, I will keep the faith with you."

Thanks, W4E. The most asinine thing are the simpletons going around saying "we're gonna have Hartford hockey!" as if the Parasites should be thanked.

Two gdamn decades of these Parasite *****-clowns screwing Hartford is enough. Not another dime. Go Falcons.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Doyle said the name is staying, Biggie.

Doyle has said a lot of things. I do agree that would should wait and see, but a lot of stuff is happening. The contract for the Whale brand was for 3 years, and no one has said for sure that the name is staying. I guess we will know when they start selling season tickets for next year.

Re: 3 more years of Hartford hockey!!!

by WhalePack » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Paul Doyle, Hartford Courant just tweeted:

"So it seems the Whale name will live. Heard MSG decides to keep the name after considering alternatives."

Biggie1083 wrote:

> MarkH2919 wrote:

> > Doyle said the name is staying, Biggie.

>

> Doyle has said a lot of things. I do agree that would should wait and see, but a lot

> of stuff is happening. The contract for the Whale brand was for 3 years, and no one

> has said for sure that the name is staying. I guess we will know when they start

> selling season tickets for next year.

Well, one would hope we know by then. But if not, I already know (if it's not been stated or answered to my satisfaction before then) what my first question will be when I get the call from Global Spectrum about renewing my season tickets. If they say something like "We don't know yet, that decisions will be made by MSG soon". My reply would be "Call me back once you know the name of the team with certainty". "However if the name is either Wolf Pack or Rangers, don't bother calling me back, thanks."

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Looks like WolfPack98 and BurkeIsLyingAgain won't be coming around for a

> while.

Yup they all vanish

The Blubbers

The Harpoons

The Wolf Pack98s

The BurkeisGod's

Well it looks like plenty of people were wrong. I didn't say the NYR were going to Glenn Falls. Nor did I say the brand was the hold up of the deal being done. Looks like some of you are the same names you call me.

AEG was going to pay the NYR $1.5 mil to stay. And Global ended up paying $1.4 mill a year. Hmmmm looks like that figure may have been a big part in the delay huh????

If the brand was the delay then we would have a flat out answer wouldn't we????

Let's all hope the CT Whale win the calder cup this year. The name would stay and 2000 championship would be a moot point of what the name should be.

Of course if they don't and if the NYR win the Stanley Cup, I don't see how they don't jump on that to name the team Rangers....

Those are 2 huge factors if either happen for what the team will be called.

I didn't vanish.....This board just isn't my entire life, I don't have over 5000 posts. And neither do the people you listed. Besides....if the Rangers were gone then there is no chance we would see the Hartford Rangers or WolfPack. But they are here and as long as they are. There is a chance.....And btw WHALE might look pretty nice in rew white and blue, diagonal on the jersey.

> The most asinine thing are the simpletons going around saying

> "we're gonna have Hartford hockey!" as if the Parasites should be

> thanked.

I say i'm excited to have Hartford hockey not because Msg should be thanked but because i love hockey and i didnt want things to drag so long we might have hard time getting another team in here for next year and I want to see what global can do running things. What i think is the most asinine thing and also most agravating thing is a d-bag going around saying other fans are 'simpletons'.

Edited by Guest

> Two gdamn decades of these Parasite *****-clowns screwing Hartford is enough.

> Not another dime. Go Falcons.

Dont let door hit you in your crack and good riddance know it all. Go Global and GO WHALE!

Bottom line, no matter what the Rangers and MSG are gone in 3 seasons. Take that to the bank folks. Global knows what they are doing. 3 Years with a 2 year option that will never happen. 3 years to get all their ducks in a row to line up a new long term affiliation. We Whalers fans will finally get the last laugh, mark my words. Rangers are now 3 and done in Hartford!