Sign in to follow this  
WhalePack

3 more years of Hartford hockey!!!

Recommended Posts

"And btw WHALE might look pretty nice in rew white and blue, diagonal on the jersey."

 

Hey look kids, another untruth by BurkeIsLying!! What a shock, huh?????

 

You lost. Again. Now hurry up and fill out those unemployment forms, liar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears the dual personality is back; Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad.

 

I’m not a Know-it-All, I’m a Know-Some-of-it-All.

 

I don’t hang around on NASA message boards discussing which of the Apollo mission's lunar modules offered the best combination of efficiency & aesthetics, because I’d have no idea whatsoever.

 

But I do know both Hartford & hockey, & while it’s better by far to have GS running things, we’ll never come close to knowing how good this market can really be until the Parasites are gone from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> It appears the dual personality is back; Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad.

Its okay for you to call people 'simpletons' and say there posts 'asinine' but some body calls you out then they are 'Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad'? That is inconsistent.

>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> I’m not a Know-it-All, I’m a Know-Some-of-it-All.

what i know is you are know-it-all who thinks its ok to give other fans ***** if they dont agree with you but dont like it when other fans call you out for being acting like a d-bag to other people. Thats inconsistent. If you dont want to be called a d-bag then you should stop acting like one.

 

> But I do know both Hartford & hockey, & while it’s better by far to

> have GS running things, we’ll never come close to knowing how good this

> market can really be until the Parasites are gone from it.

You think you know hartford and hockey know-it-all but so do other fans out here. You are not the only expert on hartford and hockey. Global is running things and hartford has whale hockey and if you dont want to suport the parasites that is understandable but understand that other fans are willing to give it chance with global in charge. You dont like it then dont let the door hit you in your crack on the way to springfeild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

"It appears the dual personality is back; Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad. Its okay for you to call people 'simpletons' and say there posts 'asinine' but somebody calls you out then they are 'Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad'? That is inconsistent.

 

No, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad is in reference to you showing your recent ability to go from a somewhat p*****ive personality to being very confrontational, & then back again.

 

As far as your comment, I didn't say everyone who is cool with the Parasites staying was a simpleton. If you go back, you'll see the reference was to those saying "we're gonna have Hartford hockey!" as if the Parasites should be thanked."

 

That's all. I'm not going to **rther argue an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right from Mr. Russo… In the contract the name will be the CT Whale. Here’s to Global’s success in Hartford for the next 10 years. I wanted Global to secure XL center and no doubt will definitely support them. Just like someone here previous stated the Rangers will be gone 3 years from now… the next contract will be with a different affiliate here in Hartford. HYMH, it could be worse AEG and Rangers could be signed for the next 10 years and then yes that would be the final nail in the coffin for Hartford Hockey. I would believe if Global didn't want the name to remain another re-bran be would be occurring.

 

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91085&sitesection=hartfordcourant_hom_non_fro&VID=24496622

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4WHA-Back-in-NHL wrote:

"HYMH, it could be worse AEG and Rangers could be signed for the next 10 years and then yes that would be the final nail in the coffin for Hartford Hockey. I would believe if Global didn't want the name to remain another re-bran be would be occurring.

 

Sure, it could always be worse. The thing is, some people are celebrating as if 3 years was two weeks. 3 years is a long, long time. Anything can happen. & I can tell you that, though I'd be very, very happy to be wrong, I'd be more surprised than anyone to find the Parasites gone when the 3 years is up.

 

If you're from Connecticut, the only thing besides taxes you can count on is Hartford doing the exactly wrong thing when it comes to hockey. From letting Karmanos walk from the last year of his contract for a pittance (& all of those jobs Compuware was going to bring to CT) to dealing & renewing with the biggest POS in the NHL, the Parasites.

 

No matter what they do to us, no matter who wins what bid, those Parasites always, always find a way to stay. They are exactly like cockroaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> No, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Chad is in reference to you showing your recent ability to

> go from a somewhat p*****ive personality to being very confrontational, & then back

> again.

My persoanlity and way i react to people depends on way people treat me or i see them treat other people. Treat me and other people with respect then i treat you the same way and thats not p*****ive thats nicely and respect**l. Treat me and other people without respect by doing things like calling fans simpletons and asinine and you are gonna get it with both barrels. You may call that confrontational but i call it getting same treatment you give other people.

 

> As far as your comment, I didn't say everyone who is cool with the Parasites staying

> was a simpleton. If you go back, you'll see the reference was to those saying

> "we're gonna have Hartford hockey!" as if the Parasites should be

> thanked."

Who said were gonna have hartford hockey like the parasites should be thanked? If somebody did that you should maybe point your comments right to them and name them by names instead of just throwing out words like simpletons and asinine without making it specific.

 

> That's all. I'm not going to **rther argue an opinion.

Treat people nice with respect and then you wont have to argue with anybody about abything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

>

> No matter what they do to us, no matter who wins what bid, those Parasites

> always, always find a way to stay. They are exactly like cockroaches.

 

I hate to break the bad news to you, but when this contract wraps up, your so-called "parasites" will have been in Hartford longer than the NHL Whalers team that we all know and love were in town. Your drama is getting old, get over yourself and enjoy the ride to Springfield. I'll pay for your gas for next season. We have 3 more years of Hartford hockey, I'm not saying thank the Rangers, but simply support the team, coach and players we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HYMH, well said man and yes 3 years is still too long. Hey, maybe the next three years will be nothing but renovations to the XL Center that are needed for the next AHL affiliate and your return. Lastly, if it is the Whale, I got to give Global a shot, but only under the current team name period, that's my line in the sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalePack wrote:

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

 

"No matter what they do to us, no matter who wins what bid, those Parasites always, always find a way to stay. They are exactly like cockroaches.

 

WhalePack wrote:

"I hate to break the bad news to you, but when this contract wraps up, your so-called "parasites" will have been in Hartford longer than the NHL Whalers team that we all know and love were in town. Your drama is getting old, get over yourself and enjoy the ride to Springfield. I'll pay for your gas for next season. We have 3 more years of Hartford hockey, I'm not saying thank the Rangers, but simply support the team, coach and players we have now."

 

Oh, OK. It is true, you didn't say "thank the Rangers." You just said "we're gonna have Hartford hockey!" making it appear that the Parasites should be thanked for gracing us with their presence.

 

That'd those parasites will be here longer than the NHL was is not a reason to celebrate. I'd explain why to you, but it seems likely that it wouldn't matter.

 

Just so you know, if the Parasites left, we'd still have 3 years (& many more) of "Hartford hockey." Only we'd have it with a unifying AHL team that would not be working to undermine us at every turn like this one ALWAYS has.

 

Please don't yell at me because you fail to understand why this ****s. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4WHA-Back-in-NHL wrote:

"HYMH, well said man and yes 3 years is still too long. Hey, maybe the next three years will be nothing but renovations to the XL Center that are needed for the next AHL affiliate and your return. Lastly, if it is the Whale, I got to give Global a ****, but only under the current team name period, that's my line in the sand."

 

Thanks, man. I truly hope you & others enjoy your time at the games.

 

I just cannot give another dime to support a team that has so blatantly, so obviously, worked against Hartford in every possible way in which they can.

 

I sincerely do hope I can re-join you guys in Hartford in 2017 & lift a gl***** to our great **ture, but I'm not at all optimistic that those POS *****-clowns will ever leave.

 

The main thing to remember is that Hartford is our city, & I would absolutely love to see it succeed again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalePack wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> >

> > No matter what they do to us, no matter who wins what bid, those Parasites

> > always, always find a way to stay. They are exactly like cockroaches.

>

> I hate to break the bad news to you, but when this contract wraps up, your so-called

> "parasites" will have been in Hartford longer than the NHL Whalers team

> that we all know and love were in town. Your drama is getting old, get over yourself

> and enjoy the ride to Springfield. I'll pay for your gas for next season. We have 3

> more years of Hartford hockey, I'm not saying thank the Rangers, but simply support

> the team, coach and players we have now.

 

Support the team if you want to, if you would like to, if you are compelled to do so. Or don't support team for all for all the same reasons except in the negative sense. There is no right or wrong here, it's just a choice we each need to make on our own. It's our money and our own decision. I respect everyone's decision as I hope they respect mine. I just don't think that anyone has the right to tell someone else they are wrong simply for not agreeing with their stance on this subject. I don't care if you're a Whalers, Wolf Pack or a fan of both or neither. Not everyone is going to agree with you and see things your way. No one should be ridiculed for it. Lord knows not everyone agrees with me or how I feel but I like to think I respect all opinions even if I agree with them or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> I hate to break the bad news to you, but when this contract wraps up, your so-called

> "parasites" will have been in Hartford longer than the NHL Whalers team

 

Ahhh, but Whalers hockey in Hartford goes back to 1975, and **** yes the WHA years count. The WHA years were awesome with some great, great memories. I was there, so were my Whalers and br***** bonanza. And now with over two **ll years of CT Whale hockey (and br***** bonanza) you never have to worry about the Wolf Pack over shadowing "The Whale" in any form with regard to Hartford hockey. Hartford Hockey is WHALE hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. Looking very forward to the next 3 years and possibly beyond. Go CT Whale! Go Rangers! Go Global!

 

Goodbye to all the whiners headed to Springfield in the meantime. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PackFan5580 wrote:

> Great news. Looking very forward to the next 3 years and possibly beyond.

> Go CT Whale! Go Rangers! Go Global!

>

> Goodbye to all the whiners headed to Springfield in the meantime. :D

 

 

GO WHALE!, GO GLOBAL! .............. and Go away Rangers come 2016! Yes it is absolutely possible to route for the Whale without routing for the Rangers. In fact I look forward to them being eliminated from playoff contention so they can return all our eligible players back down to us for the Whale's playoff run. Let's go Whale! CT Whale hockey ............... let br***** bonanza play on in Hartford (Which would have happened with or without the Rangers BTW)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote:

> Re: 3 more years of Hartford hockey!!!

>

> by WhalePack » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

>

> Paul Doyle, Hartford Courant just tweeted:

>

> "So it seems the Whale name will live. Heard MSG decides to keep the

> name after considering alternatives."

 

I read Doyle's article and he said, "a source has told The Courant that MSG plans to keep the name." Wasn't he the one who said a "source" told him there would be an announcement about the contract last week? I would like to know who his source. All of the players seem to think the team will be called the Wolf Pack next year. They were asking fans at the Winter Carnival if they still had their Wolf Pack stuff for next year. The players were even saying that the team would be here for at least 3 to 5 years, and possibly longer. I have a feeling the players would know more than Doyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the players were going with what they heard but the players would be unaware of the public campaign to keep the Whale name. The players wouldn't know about the letters sent to the Gov the mayor the CRDA and to Global.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie1083 wrote:

> I'm still going to say, "Wait and see." I just think I will take

> what Doyle has to say with a grain of salt.

 

I don't think Doyle's comments hold much water usually, either. However, it's possible the name was indeed holding up things and they made a last-minunte deal to keep the Whale name. I, too, though, would like for them to say something one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you read the updated article on courant.com from last night?

 

"The team's name, a source of much consternation among fans, is expected to remain the same. The franchise has been known as the Connecticut Whale since early in the 2010-11 season, after 13 seasons as the Hartford Wolf Pack."

 

Now, I would put nothing past the Rangers, so if they did decide after all this to change it, it wouldn't surprise me one bit, however if you read the whole thing, you get a little **rther down and you see...

 

"But an AHL source said that both MSG and the state were reluctant to do business with Baldwin's company. MSG, the source said, contemplated a name change because the company wanted to distance itself from Baldwin's rebranding."

 

Contemplated is past tense. It sounds like they gave it thought...and maybe Global upped the price of the affiliation fee (I have to believe 1.4 million is one of the highest in the league if not tops), and the Rangers finally relented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarkH2919 wrote:

"But an AHL source said that both MSG and the state were reluctant to do business with Baldwin's company. MSG, the source said, contemplated a name change because the company wanted to distance itself from Baldwin's rebranding."

 

That's somewhat ironic, considering how much the Hartford fan base wanted to distance themselves from MSG.

 

& yet, the perpetual losers over at Madison Square opted to maintain the name, anyway. Which shows they're aware of how much better it is. So, even with that obvious knowledge, they still apparently fought tooth & nail to oust it in favor of the Cod Liver oil of hockey names. What a cl*****y organization.

 

Go Rangers! Thank God for them & 3 more years of Hartford hockey we now have only because of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this