Sign in to follow this  
WhalePack

3 more years of Hartford hockey!!!

Well, I didn't want people ripping my head off for copying the whole thing.... :D

Seriously for a moment, I do understand your frustration of having the Rangers here another 3 long years, but as long as they keep the name and colors and song, I can tolerate the Rangers. But keep a seat open for me in Springfield just in case. :mrgreen:

Whalers4Ever wrote:

> GO WHALE!, GO GLOBAL! .............. and Go away Rangers come 2016! Yes it is

> absolutely possible to route for the Whale without routing for the Rangers. In fact

> I look forward to them being eliminated from playoff contention so they can return

> all our eligible players back down to us for the Whale's playoff run. Let's go

> Whale! CT Whale hockey ............... let br***** bonanza play on in Hartford (Which

> would have happened with or without the Rangers BTW)

Your absolutely right, it’s not exactly what we wanted, but nothing is ever perfect. So IMO its best for us to now support Global’s efforts and the Whale brand. Boost up our numbers in the XL Center so that WE can forever have any re branding an non-issue/subject.

The ones that don’t want to go to the XL Center totally understand and please keep this in mind united Whaler Nation on all fronts inside the XL Center and Outside. “All for one and one for all”

Lastly, if these *****CLOWNS ever again attempt any name changes we’ll drop that attendance to the point of nothingness. It’s now time to fight and really prove that Howard’s re-branding was not only needed, but what was truly right for Hartford. RIP Wolfpackteabaggers :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

"So IMO its best for us to now support Global’s efforts and the Whale brand. Boost up our numbers in the XL Center so that WE can forever have any re branding an non-issue/subject."

This is a good point. I too respect those that decide to go elsewhere, but if we can get the attendance up high enough, nobody will consider rebranding this team again, no matter who the affiliate is down the road.

GO WHALE!

MarkH2919 wrote:

"Seriously for a moment, I do understand your frustration of having the Rangers here another 3 long years, but as long as they keep the name and colors and song, I can tolerate the Rangers. But keep a seat open for me in Springfield just in case. :mrgreen:"

Absolutely...

Hey to each his own, but...

No one loves the Whalers' colors & Br***** Bonanza more than me, but in the end it's just laundry & an old 45 RPM. That it's being used by a group that has gone so far out of their way to screw us is the more important thing, & for that they shouldn't be supported at all.

In a way, this is like rooting for, & hanging out with, the guy who talked your wife into leaving you for him; just because you're a huge Sox fan & he likes to wear a David Ortiz jersey. Or Yankees/Jeter. Whatever.

& 3 years is an incredibly long time. Mr. Russo is a contemporary of Howard Baldwin; who's to say in 3 years they're both not off fishing somewhere together, enjoying retirement, while GS introduces Neil Smith as its new CEO?

Have a good time at the games. I'll be rooting for the better hockey organization that's also in my own backyard.

Like you said, to each their own.

Meanwhile...in my quest to put any thoughts of a name change to bed...

http://articles.courant.com/2013-02-26/sports/hc-whale-survives-20130226_1_connecticut-whale-msg-affiliation

"Instead, the Connecticut Whale will live on. There was no specific mention in the press release of the Whale name continuing, but the name was sprinkled throughout the announcement and a source has told The Courant that MSG plans to keep the name."

I know, Jersey.

Global, by the way, is paying the highest affiliation fee in the league. I'm going to go ahead and guess so it's they could keep the name.

That is very interesting...I didn't think of that, but it's kind of **n to think about.

Can you imagine what this place would be like the first time Carolina came to town?????

Great find, Jersey.

I honestly believe that, next time around, the Hartford Whalers would be adopted as a secondary team for most hockey fans outside of NYC.

Our cult hockey status would be very beneficial; & it's something no other team in no other potential market would have.

Interesting article in the Courant today. Although everyone is saying the Whale name stays, there's still a chance it may not, they just don't want to tip their hand at this point of the season. What would that do for attendance this season if they announced a name change now?

www.courant.com/sports/hockey/blog/hc-scheonfeld-happy-in-hartford-20130227,0,1901689.story

WhalePack wrote:

> Interesting article in the Courant today. Although everyone is saying the

> Whale name stays, there's still a chance it may not, they just don't want

> to tip their hand at this point of the season. What would that do for

> attendance this season if they announced a name change now?

>

>

> www.courant.com/sports/hockey/blog/hc-scheonfeld-happy-in-hartford-20130227,0,1901689.story

i would think global would want to announce the name change if there is one, gives glaobal a chance to see what would happen and if attendance drops aeg is the one who takes a hit. they could still change it back over the summer and look like heroes

"Asked if the team will definitely be known as the Connecticut Whale, Schoenfeld said he didn't know. League sources have said MSG has considered other names -- such as returning to the Hartford Wolf Pack brand -- but are expected to keep the Whale name."

See more at: http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/blog/hc-scheonfeld-happy-in-hartford-20130227,0,1901689.story#sthash.V7zk8hob.dpuf

When I hear "expected to keep the Whale name"...and now knowing Global is going to pay the highest affiliation fee in the league...I'm going to guess that a name change after this deal was done would really, really piss Global off.

MarkH2919 wrote:

> "Asked if the team will definitely be known as the Connecticut Whale,

> Schoenfeld said he didn't know. League sources have said MSG has considered

> other names -- such as returning to the Hartford Wolf Pack brand -- but are

> expected to keep the Whale name."

>

> See more at:

> http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/blog/hc-scheonfeld-happy-in-hartford-20130227,0,1901689.story#sthash.V7zk8hob.dpuf

>

> When I hear "expected to keep the Whale name"...and now knowing

> Global is going to pay the highest affiliation fee in the league...I'm

> going to guess that a name change after this deal was done would really,

> really piss Global off.

And me too!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Oh without a doubt...I wouldn't be happy either.

I put nothing past the Rangers...but I just think Global agreed to pay the extra $$$ to keep it.

We'll see.

I’m telling you right now it’s Global that will be in charge Period. Do you guys really think they aren't well aware that the wolfpack name needed to be thrown out? Global is a powerhouse and obviously they aren't a business that loses money. So, it is obvious that it’s Global that wants the Whale name intact. Look, at it this way if the rangers remove the Whale name this would give Global an opportunity to do renovations to the XL Center during the next 3 years in an empty building to get ready for their next affiliate.

Global didn't come in here to be DOA. I’ll go even **rther that their main goal is to capture that large TV market with the hopes of someday bringing us the Hartford Whalers network. Numbers never lie merchandise revenues continue to be up, but for whatever reason some youth around here don’t have any fight for OUR team, however, Canada and most of the other NHL Hockey markets love our team and would no doubt like to see them back in the league.

Stop admiring other NHL teams and be pissed we don’t have our own that’s my suggestion to you guys.

MarkH2919 wrote:

"When I hear "expected to keep the Whale name"...and now knowing Global is going to pay the highest affiliation fee in the league...I'm going to guess that a name change after this deal was done would really, really piss Global off."

As the saying goes, "when you lie down with dogs, don't be surprised to wake up with fleas."

I have a legitimate question to any of you planning on buying partial or **ll season ticket plans next year:

Let's say you bought them right now. Today, in fact. Then in late August MSG announces they've decided that yes, they will instead go back to the 'Hartford Wolf * Pack' for that season, & all seasons for which they're under contract.

What would be your response in the best way you can think to phrase it?

"I have a legitimate question to any of you planning on buying partial or **ll season ticket plans next year:

Let's say you bought them right now. Today, in fact. Then in late August MSG announces they've decided that yes, they will instead go back to the 'Hartford Wolf * Pack' for that season, & all seasons for which they're under contract.

What would be your response in the best way you can think to phrase it?"

------------------------------------

I won't speak for the rest, but my tickets would be cancelled instantly.

I would tell them to stick these tickets up their a s s and then follow up with my c card company to dispute the chargers. After that I would secure a ticket package with Springfield.

Hey, since we have been smithereens since Spring of 97 we should just completely let Hartford Hockey be destroyed and start over from the ashes after the rangers run for the hills in Up State New York .

"I’m telling you right now it’s Global that will be in charge Period. Do you guys really think they aren't well aware that the wolfpack name needed to be thrown out? Global is a powerhouse and obviously they aren't a business that loses money. So, it is obvious that it’s Global that wants the Whale name intact."

It's a fair point. Global isn't stupid, and they know the sport, and because of their relationship with the Baldwins, they know this market already...****, Frank Russo has been here since 1974. Global is also **lly aware of what the average affiliation fee costs, and threw extra money the Rangers way to convince them to let them use the Whale name. So you see stuff like "MSG contemplated going back to WolfPack" or whatever, but the real story is that Global put up the coin to convince the Rangers to leave it alone.

Still, all of that said, would I put it past the Rangers to renege on the deal and change the name? Not on your life.

MarkH2919 wrote:

"Still, all of that said, would I put it past the Rangers to renege on the deal and change the name?"

This is what I mean. It seems that now finally most people are starting to see the Parasites for what they are, yet are willing to run right back to them because they were, presumably, paid extra to not screw us again, which it seemed they were **lly ready to do.

I just don't know where our pride is, or ever was for that matter. Congratulations, all. Hartford begrudgingly got its laundry back, (maybe) after GS coughed up the scratch for it.

Screw the Parasites. It seems the best way to let them know you're done groveling is to support their rival. Go Falcons.