Sign in to follow this  
Whaleofatime

CT Whale 2011-2012 Attendance

5580 Yup, glad some else holds the record and more importantly did it without **dging the attendance numbers. Great job Philly fans, AHL fans and Hershey fans. Thanks for shattering our bs outdoor record.

It was our record and it also will always be a record for the time frame that it was a record from now till the end of time so you can try to deal with that or accept it. I hope you understand. If the Rangers move and people who act like your acting now leave the games in Hartford too that will be an improvement.

Whalerguy, that wasn't my point.

My point is that every team **dges their numbers, at least a little bit. The league makes no difference, and the team makes no difference. They all do it from time to time.

Too **nny it is amazing how its only a horrible sin that numbers are not accurate in Hartford. Everyone else gets a free p***** for **dging numbers but Hartford. Do people realize how stupid and incorrect that thought process is?

Man another tough loss, nice to see zuc back and...did Capolla say on TV 11k in attendance? I couldn't make it tonight but nice to be able to see on TV. Wasn't in HD like last time but at least it was on. Great to see the green uni's too.

Oh man....you want to see the buzzards circle....get a load of this attendance number.

We have a new winner, folks. Lowest crowd in franchise history.

MarkH2919 wrote :

> Oh man....you want to see the buzzards circle....get a load of this

> attendance number.

>

> 1,583

>

> We have a new winner, folks. Lowest crowd in franchise history.

Honestly what do they expect. I go to every game and I couldn't even make this one

There was only three schools there today. We used to get around 10 or 15. Also, tickets for the lower bowl were only $10, and upper bowl were $7. It was sad, but at least they were loud and the Whale won.

I'm surprised it was that much. I heard from a friend that someone who no longer works for the team bungled the arrangement with the schools so none of them could get the field trip reservations in in time or something...

Pretty terrible crowd for this game, considering every other AHL has drawn at least 5000+ for these daytime games. It was embarr*****ing for the fans and the team. Mark is right because this game has been on the schedule since it came out.

Interesting regarding jimmy's info about bungling the schools info sheets and if its true its a shame. The Whale/Wolf Pack have done 2 or 3 of these in the past and this definetely was the lowest crowd of all of them.

Glad the team won 2-1 and got the 2 points more than the sorry excuse of a crowd today.

Well, if the 10-15 schools that are usually there show up instead of the 3...how much does that really increase the number? 500? 1000? Either way, the crowd would have been very low. Some teams draw 10,000+ for these games, Hartford can't get 1600. Aw**l.

The AHL mandated that every team has to have one "School Game". The thing is most of the other teams around the league aveaged around 4-5000. The question is, even if the guy that was in charge of it quit, how long before the game did they start letting schools know about the game? If they waited until a couple of weeks before the game, then they can't blame the guy that quit. The schedule came out in August, 7 months ago. If they didn't market the game, then there is no one to blame but WSE.

Not every team but the vast majority of the league has "School Games". I went through the schedules on the AHL's website, because I wanted to know who had the best attendance for these games. No team had less than 3000 people at the game, but that's reported attendance. So, take it for what it says.

Here are the top 5 “School” games:

2011-12-26 1:00 pm Hamilton Bulldogs @ Toronto Marlies - 13238

2011-11-15 10:30 am Abbotsford Heat @ San Antonio Rampage – 10534

2012-02-07 11:00 am Houston Aeros @ Chicago Wolves – 9231

2012-02-15 10:45 am Texas Stars @ Lake Erie Monsters – 8933

2011-12-08 11:05 am Oklahoma City Barons @ Houston Aeros – 8175

The earliest “school” game was at 10:00am:

2012-01-24 Milwaukee Admirals @ Peoria Rivermen - 7082

"The question is, even if the guy that was in charge of it quit, how long before the game did they start letting schools know about the game? If they waited until a couple of weeks before the game, then they can't blame the guy that quit. The schedule came out in August, 7 months ago. If they didn't market the game, then there is no one to blame but WSE."

Biggie nails it. The schedule was out in August, there is absolutely no excuse to not have 1500-2000 screaming kids, at the very, very least.

Now Biggie...my question for you is this...every team doesn't have a school day game. Hershey and Providence don't for examples. So why are they exempt?

That what I would like to know. I thought they said that every team was going to have these games, but when I went the the schedules I noticed there was a few that didn't have them. The thing I thought was interesting was that Bridgeport has 4 of them, 5 if you count the one in Worcester.