Sign in to follow this  
Whaleofatime

CT Whale 2011-2012 Attendance

Still talking about the rebrand? Really?

It brought in 36% more people last year, I am no rocket scientist but an Increase is an increase.

When Howard loses and closes WSE in a few weeks watch how Many people show up next year. Pretty sure you'll see that 36% drop Back down to the Pack numbers.

Even with a new agreement Howard still needs an incredible ownership group, a new arena, and a city that's on board. None of which is even in it's infancy of planning. I wouldn't put too much sweat ethic Into this until we know if the bow of the boat is under water or not. WSE, HWBC say to contact the mayor and the Gov but are politicians really going to play hard ball with a billion dollar corporation to help out an entrepreneur with a long sshot chance at the NHL. Hard to see that if you look objectively. Malloy and Segarro like their jobs I'm *****uming.

Last year's attendance (XL games only, 39 games) 206119

Minus this years attendance 120247

(85872)

Divided by 12 remaining home games 7156 per game to equal last years number.

Vince, there is one less game to get to that number.

To get to 5285 fans/game for 38 games, the Whale would have to draw 80,583 for the last 12 games, or 6,716/game (the true number is 6,715.25)

If they draw the same for 38 games (206119), their average would be higher than 5,285. It would actually be 5,424.

I'm going by total number you are going by average. From my view my numbers are correct. From your view your numbers appear correct (I have not done the math on your numbers but I'll take your word for it). Either way it is going to take numbers higher than what has been going on for the year up to this point to match last year no matter how you look at it.

Hard to go by total number when the number of games is different from one year to the next.

But either way, the numbers have to be much better over the next 12 games to even get a sniff of last year's numbers.

2 less games this year but even if they had those two games back they just arent going to get where they were last year.

I think We all agree that the numbers last year were on HGH a bit. Baldwin needed to do that to push his 36% increase, so he could garner support for the XL Renovations which may or may not be acceptable to the NHL but we havent even reached the ten foot hurdle that is an ARENA issue.