Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

Halfway There to an All CT Frozen Four Championship Game

nehckyfan wrote:

> top cat wrote:

> > Well nech, you forgot Danny Kristo ND to Mont. and Louie Leblanc to Mont.

> > I'm aware of the draft. so you're saying no one else who wasn't picked yet

> > won't get drafted. Looks like we'll have to wait and see won't we.

>

> No I didn't forget them and I could have listed another two dozen players if I wanted

> to but I tried to stay on topic (something you have great difficulty in doing)by

> using an example based on Yale and Quinnipiac.

>

> Also you apparently aren't too aware of the draft. Players who aren't drafted in

> their draft eligible years, ages 18-20, become free agents and are allowed to sign

> with any team. So what I'm not saying they won'y get drafted I'm saying they are not

> eligible for the draft.

>

> Hope**lly you can see the difference.

A better example for top cat to have used would have been Christopher Higgins. While Kristo and Leblanc attended university after getting drafted, Higgins was drafted by the Canadiens after his freshman season at Yale, so it is possible for a college player to be eligible for the draft.

CTHabsfan wrote:

> nehckyfan wrote:

> > top cat wrote:

> > > Well nech, you forgot Danny Kristo ND to Mont. and Louie Leblanc to Mont.

> > > I'm aware of the draft. so you're saying no one else who wasn't picked yet

> > > won't get drafted. Looks like we'll have to wait and see won't we.

> >

> > No I didn't forget them and I could have listed another two dozen players if I

> wanted

> > to but I tried to stay on topic (something you have great difficulty in doing)by

> > using an example based on Yale and Quinnipiac.

> >

> > Also you apparently aren't too aware of the draft. Players who aren't drafted in

> > their draft eligible years, ages 18-20, become free agents and are allowed to

> sign

> > with any team. So what I'm not saying they won'y get drafted I'm saying they are

> not

> > eligible for the draft.

> >

> > Hope**lly you can see the difference.

>

> A better example for top cat to have used would have been Christopher Higgins. While

> Kristo and Leblanc attended university after getting drafted, Higgins was drafted by

> the Canadiens after his freshman season at Yale, so it is possible for a college

> player to be eligible for the draft.

You of course are correct and I should have recalled that as I had Yale season tickets at the time and there are rare exceptions to just about every rule. That being said the overwhelming majority of college players who are going to be drafted already have been and as far as I can determine this applies to all players on both Yale and Quinnipiac's rosters.

No biggie it's interesting how people think connecticut is not a hockey state when in fact we are.. They may have said it but reality is they chose connecticut and that is the interesting part.. Not one player is from here. And to be technical if you are drafted out of college it's more what school you came from than witch state..

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

No biggie it's interesting how people think connecticut is not a hockey state when in fact we are.."

Biggie has a habit of telling whomever will listen that we're all a bunch of 'Whalers-or-nothing' hockey fans here.

The irony is not only is he talking completely out of his hat, he's what one might call a 'Rangers-or-nothing' fan. A synonym for which is 'hypocrite.'

Edited by Guest

Well I thought that I'd ignore nehcky's response, but I feel that's letting him off the hook. "Staying on topic is something you have great difficulty with." " punking in with spew" was my justified retort. It added nothing to the clarification of the draft. It has nothing to do with denying facts<, but notice the pile-on. I hope the **** the brand does go back to Wolf Pack with Ranger colors. You paper tigers will cry like little babies. The **n part for me will reading all those desperate threats and don't forget the hate.

TC:

So I'm a "paper tiger" who will "cry like a baby" if the Wolf Pack returns with Ranger colors? Apparently you haven't read any of my previous posts. I have been a Bruin fan for over 45 years and while I would have no problem with the return of the Whalers, as I had very good times attending games when they were here, I've stated many times that I don't believe there is a chance in **** they are coming back. Am I right? Only time will tell. However I am in no position to come on a message board more or less dedicated to the memory of that team and tell their fans that they are stupid,dumb, or whatever for believing it will happen. As a matter of fact I have told several members of this board in previous posts that I would be more than happy to buy the beer for them opening nigth should their team return.

As for the current team I couldn't give a flying rat's a*s*s what they are called or what colors they wear. I'll still go when Providence is in town and maybe one or two other games a season.

Edited by Guest

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> No biggie it's interesting how people think connecticut is not a hockey

> state when in fact we are.. They may have said it but reality is they chose

> connecticut and that is the interesting part.. Not one player is from here.

> And to be technical if you are drafted out of college it's more what school

> you came from than witch state..

Biggie failed to mention the other interesting tidbit the announcers touched upon. Connecticut is right behind Michigan in terms of producing NHL players.

Whaleofatime wrote:

> jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> > No biggie it's interesting how people think connecticut is not a hockey

> > state when in fact we are.. They may have said it but reality is they chose

> > connecticut and that is the interesting part.. Not one player is from here.

> > And to be technical if you are drafted out of college it's more what school

> > you came from than witch state..

>

> Biggie failed to mention the other interesting tidbit the announcers touched upon.

> Connecticut is right behind Michigan in terms of producing NHL players.

I don't know what numbers they're using, but there have been 28 players from Connecticut. That ties CT for 6th with Pennsylvania. The top 5 are Minnesota with 227, M*****achusetts with 171, Michigan with 133, New York with 95, and Illinois with 48. I don't know if their numbers also count the player that went to school, or lived here, but those are the only numbers I could find.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi

Edited by Guest

Is Connecticut really a hockey state? I was at Bob's in Hamden today. Upon entering the store, the very first thing in sight were UConn women's champions shirts. There was also a great deal of additional UConn merchandise for sale. Meanwhile, if you are interested in some Frozen Four, Yale, or Quinnipiac stuff (remember, this is Hamden), you're SOL. They did have some Whalers, Rangers, and Bruins items in a corner of the store.

Ct Habs has made a relative observation. The store is in Hamden, both schools are close by and Hamden used to the hot bed of hockey in Conn. I think the two schools in the hockey NCAA finals would be right up front with the UConn women's stuff. I'm not at all surprised though. Off Topic I know, but on the right thread, Where did I call new- england- hockey -fan a paper tiger in my post. He sounds like mark.

top cat wrote:

> Well I thought that I'd ignore nehcky's response, but I feel that's letting

> him off the hook. "Staying on topic is something you have great

> difficulty with." " punking in with spew" was my justified

> retort. It added nothing to the clarification of the draft. It has nothing

> to do with denying facts<, but notice the pile-on. I hope the **** the

brand does go back to Wolf Pack with Ranger colors. You paper tigers will

> cry like little babies. The **n part for me will reading all those

> desperate threats and don't forget the hate.

This help?

Read it again. Your handle wasn't mentioned. You is a pronoun that can by either plural or singular. I meant plural , the sorority not you. I see where you got the idea of the singular, my fault I apologize. By the way you got to be throwing-up about Michael Ryder. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

"He sounds like mark."

hey look at that, yet another reference to me when I'm not even in the conversation.

Seek help, man. You need it.

Mark shut-up,I wasn't talking to you. If I responded to every post mentioning my handle in a negative way or tone, I'd be on the computer all day. You just proved my pt. again. How does your wife stand it.

top cat, I know you weren't talking to me, but must you reference me in every single post?

you really are a troubled individual, so much you have to bring family into this? Really?

again I offer you this very simple piece of advice. Seek professional help. You need it desperately.

I think something that is important is left out of this discussion. CT, with its 169 separate cities and towns all thinking they are the only place on earth that exists, is not really one state. In my experience, central CT (the Hartford area) and the New Haven-Fairfield County areas are quite different and this applies to hockey. Hockey is much more popular in Fairfield County and some of the New Haven area than it is in the Hartford area, which is a hotbed of UConn obsession. I don't consider the Hartford area at heart as a great hockey market at this point, it has the POTENTIAL to be, but as much as I hate to admit it, the casual fan in Hartford area cares mostly about UConn and the NFL, not hockey.