KarmanosIsGod

19 other arenas rank better then the XL Center

All things considered 20th isn't bad for a building pushing 40

I wouldn't say its great but I wouldn't say the CCCC in Portland is all that great either.

Whalevolution wrote:

"I wouldn't say its great but I wouldn't say the CCCC in Portland is all that great either."

*****berland County's Civic Center is great for what it is; & doesn't need to be anything more than that.

It's a small venue perfect for AHL hockey, & they're not trying to be more than they are.

Plus, how many other arenas can you actually see the outside through a window from your seat? :)

I like the CCCC. Mainly the fact that ME is a beauti**l state. Also though, some of the concessions they have up there are reasonably-priced (much better than the XLC). I discovered Sea Dog Wild Blueberry beer up there. GREAT stuff. =) And where else can you get a fresh-baked cookie the size of your head??? :shock:

At the XLC, I spend for a bottle of beer what I could use to buy a 6er of pretty much anything up here. Concessions need work. Plus the bathrooms are less than desirable. Plus, if they knock down the XLC in the **ture, how do they do it safely with all that's surrounding it?

Their review of the XL Center seemed to be very positive. I'm sure with a renovation the XL would probably move up past Providence.

With the Rangers here, I can't believe it's not ranked last. No way the arena gets ranked any higher until after the Rangers are GONE.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

> Providence's arena was renovated within last 3-5 years, much better than it

> was. CCCC is getting a renovation as well.

The DCU Center in Worcester is being renovated as well.

Tackla wrote:

> With the Rangers here, I can't believe it's not ranked last. No way the

> arena gets ranked any higher until after the Rangers are GONE.

Keep blaming the Rangers for something they have no control over. MSG and the Rangers haven't been in control of any part of the building since 2007. That was six year ago. Since then the only people to blame are the city, the state, Northland, AEG, and WSE. To blame MSG and the Rangers is like blaming UConn, the concerts, and the other events that go on at the XL Center.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

"And the rangers had 10 to do something instead of painting railings.. But how about this slap in the face. Lets bid on N*****au and propose 250 million in spending.. MSG ****s"

It'd be great to read Biggie's response to this. Alas, I it's not very likely we'll see one.

MSG gave the state money because the state was losing money on the mall at the Hartford Civic Center. MSG also tried to make improvements and find investors for the Mall, but the state no, they can handle it. Then the state gave the bid to Northland because they were going to tear down the mall and give the state $4 million. MSG wanted to keep the Mall, and even said they would keep giving the state money. My question to you is, why should they invest in something they have no control over. AEG, and now Global, are the ones to invest in the XL Center. MSG is just a tenant there.

The islanders don't own webster bank arena but have spent money on and jumbotron that's better than what some nhl teams have and slapped paint on the concourse , redid the floor tiles and added signage visable from I95 . The also added HD cameras so the ahl live feed doesn't look like dog s h i t like most other teams. My point is it does make sense for parent clubs to invest in the farm clubs building so the prospects spend their time in the AHL in a respectable building.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Just like biggie that you are totally go around the truth to anything..

> Hence your title liar.. MSG had control for ten years, ten years..

Jersey, MSG did more than paint the railings, THEY REPLACED EVERY STINKING 1970's ORANGE SEAT IN THE BUILDING! Care to estimate the price tag to do so? So yes, they tried in the early days and the Hartford fans dwindled off as we all know by the mid-2000's. Again, this is old news and has been rehashed over before. Bottom line, let's give Global a s h o t at things and let's see what they can do now that they are managing the building. It's a new day for Hartford hockey and we'll be there for all the action - as we await for the return of the NHL!!!

You're right Will, but the Islanders manage the Webster Bank Arena. MSG had games on tv, and they paid for a lot of stuff in and around the building. MSG was even giving the state $2 million for the revenue they were losing on the mall losing stores, and money. That was six and a half years ago. Since then Northland and AEG have been in charge of the building. They haven't done anything other than tear down the mall, and adding a jumbotron (that was used at the Staples Center for years). There is store space, but no one wants to pay the rent they are charging, and when they do, they only last a few months (ex: Verizon). MSG is now just a tenant at the XL Center. If you rent a room, or an apartment, and something breaks or doesn't look good, the renter doesn't pay for it. The building managers and owners pay for it, unless you broke it. Why should MSG have to pay for something they no longer manage, and never owned? Why is that so hard for you to understand? If they win the bid for the N*****au Coliseum, they said they would invest money into it. The people that should have been paying for improvements at the XL Center for the past 6 six was AEG and the state, and now the building is falling apart. That's why Global was picked to manage. They weren't picked just because they were the best option, but because they said they would invest $20 million into the XL Center. I wish Global the best of luck, but they are now trapped, and not by MSG. They are trapped by the state that seems like they could care less about what happens with the XL Center. They also have to deal with half of the building still being owned by AEG.

Always a pro-Rangers answer from the Bigster. In ten years MSG did squat; aside from p!$$ing on Hartford.

& btw, I've never rented an apartment where the leasing company in turn gave me 1.4 million dollars just to hang around.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Always a pro-Rangers answer from the Bigster. In ten years MSG did squat;

> aside from p!$$ing on Hartford.

>

> & btw, I've never rented an apartment where the leasing company in turn

> gave me 1.4 million dollars just to hang around.

Still since 2006 you really can't blame any decisions on maintenance and or repair for the XL on MSG

In fact since 2006 has been when they started caring a whole lot less about Hartford.

However its the states love affair with MSG that has most puzzled, not Ranger fans love affair with MSG, that's easy to figure out.

You guys are ridiculous, try try try, if they wanted to do something they would have. They were handed the civic center on 97, and your gonna say what they did was great for Hartford, you guys are a joke.. MSG has done nothing compared to what they should have done since they care about Hartford so much.. There bid in N*****au really shuts your mouths up if you read between the lines