Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

Countdown Clock: 34 Days till the Uniondale Vote

As everyone knows, the absolute best thing that could happen to hockey in Hartford is for MSG to move themselves right out of town. As such, the Uniondale vote is key to finally growing the AHL market in Hartford.

So, here is the official board clock showcasing the days until the vote that would finally oust the Parasites out of Hartford takes place.

As Uniondale, LI, would be a much better fit for the Parasites; surely we can count on the support of their fans that MSG wins this bid, too.

Go MSG!

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Whaleofatime wrote:

> "M-S-G! M-S-G! M-S-G!

> http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/**hgeddaboudit_u1UV7QT5odaAHFZ34ujxsJ"

>

> How great would that be? Finally, after all these years, watching those

> Parasites pull up stakes & give us our city back.

>

> 33 days. Go MSG!

Although I feel bad for LI, it's nice to see MSG's smugness and arrogance (or "the brand") will finally work in the best interests of Hartford for once. IF they win the bid. :)

Whaleofatime wrote:

"Although I feel bad for LI, it's nice to see MSG's smugness and arrogance (or "the brand") will finally work in the best interests of Hartford for once. IF they win the bid. :) "

I would too, except the Islanders themselves would still be there. We've been getting screwed by them with nowhere to turn since 1998.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

>

> http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/source-n*****au-coliseum-proposal-by-msg-would-include-isles-sports-bar-1.5467429

>

> Look how nice MSG is, really a great bunch of jerkoffs... What about

> putting a whaler anything when you took over in 97.. I really hope they win

> so they can go scratch..

This alone pretty sums up why I re**se to give the Rags another red cent. It also begs the question of why the need to remove the Whale brand? This article is so contradictory to the way they approach us here in Hartford. There's no good reason for this. "We'll pay homage to our current and HATED rival because we want to honor the city's past hockey heritage, but in Hartford we'll just feed those dogs s-h-i-t and create a pack of s-h-i-t eating dogs. That non-existant team and it's loving fan base deserve no less." It's official, Hartford is the MSG urinal and people are lining up to get a golden shower. Not me. Until they are gone, so am I.

You do know that your tax money has already paid MSG to be here for three years? Your tax money will pay for MSG to be here until 2018, if they want to stay. MSG honored the Whalers when ever they could. It was the state that took down the banners, and it was the state that either gave up the rights to the Whalers name, or sold it to the NHL.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> You do know that your tax money has already paid MSG to be here for three

> years? Your tax money will pay for MSG to be here until 2018, if they want

> to stay. MSG honored the Whalers when ever they could. It was the state

> that took down the banners, and it was the state that either gave up the

> rights to the Whalers name, or sold it to the NHL.

MSG never did anything that wasn't in their best interest. They had the few (3) Whaler related nights over 13 seasons to do nothing more then bring people in with the hopes that they would return to see there Wolf Pack product. All were self serving and only superficially honored that Whalers. Please give it a rest. But you are correct in your *****ertion that the state themselves have done little in the way of preserving and promoting Hartford's hockey heritage. This trend continues until today. Hope**lly change is coming, both with these politicians and NHL affiliation.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> You do know that your tax money has already paid MSG to be here for three

> years? Your tax money will pay for MSG to be here until 2018, if they want

> to stay. MSG honored the Whalers when ever they could. It was the state

> that took down the banners, and it was the state that either gave up the

> rights to the Whalers name, or sold it to the NHL.

That's because the spineless *****s that run the State and city have such an inferiority complex that they do whatever the big bad boys from NYC tell them is in their "best" interests rather than lead from within. The whole situation ****s and no Rag fanboy is going to create a big enough smokescreen to cover what damage MSG has done this entire time. And don't kid yourself either Biggie, those Whaler nights (all 2 or 3 of them) were simply to make some bank for AEG and whomever else was taking a bloodbath running the team at the time. A real homage to the Whalers would be on-going and they would also have seen the value in the CT Whale re-brand and let it be. F-U-C-K your favorite team.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

"What about putting a whaler anything when you took over in 97.. I really hope they win so they can go scratch.."

**nny thing is, there was a Whalers s h i r t front & center at the NHL team store last week.

Oddly enough, nowhere in the picture did I see a Wolf Pack shirt. Nor a Parasites one, for that matter.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> "What about putting a whaler anything when you took over in 97.. I

> really hope they win so they can go scratch.."

>

> **nny thing is, there was a Whalers s h i r t front & center at the NHL

> team store last week.

>

> Oddly enough, nowhere in the picture did I see a Wolf Pack ****. Nor a

> Parasites one, for that matter.

Why would there be a Wolf Pack jersey in the NHL store. Are you really that stupid to not know why that is? Also, the NHL is making money off of the Whalers, not because Whalers fans are buying it, but because people by vintage stuff. They even sell North Stars, NY/Brooklyn Americans, Atlanta Flames, Colorado Rockies, and Quebec Nordiques stuff.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Why would there be a Wolf Pack jersey in the NHL store. Are you really that stupid to

> not know why that is? Also, the NHL is making money off of the Whalers, not because

> Whalers fans are buying it, but because people by vintage stuff. They even sell North

> Stars, NY/Brooklyn Americans, Atlanta Flames, Colorado Rockies, and Quebec Nordiques

> stuff.

Yes because Whalers fans don't comprise a large percentage of those people :roll: Get your head out of your a$$ Biggie.

The State spent the tax money on keeping the Rangers because they wanted there to be SOMETHING in the XL 35-40 nights a season, not to do the Rangers a favor. They got spooked by WSE's debts and just wanted something in there they could just pay and be done with it. This is what they did. I still hope MSG gets it and moves their AHL franchise to LI.

Which btw would be the correct business decision for them given that they can pick off lots of Islander fans that way. Also, they will say nice things out there about the Islanders because it's in their business interest to do so. Since the state already paid them here, they don't need to worry about fan interest. Thus the name change.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

"The State spent the tax money on keeping the Rangers because they wanted there to be SOMETHING in the XL 35-40 nights a season, not to do the Rangers a favor."

I don't need it explained to me, & I couldn't care less. This unending BS has gotten old. & apparently GS's current priorities are better, overpriced food, & a Wolf* Pack merchandise store. I'm going to enjoy hockey for hockey's sake next season.

But, as I've said to all that think like you, enjoy the games. That's your right. Call me when the Parasites are gone.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

> When did you turn into a bully? Just curious.

> .

He has always been, perfect case in point above, you get attacked for just making a statement. Again for someone who says he hates the Rangers he cant resist talking about them.

Now back to the topic Whaleguy123 is right the state must have known they were going to lose the WBBALL tourney and the thought of losing Hockey too made them rush to keep the Rangers and at a 40% hike to me, you and HYMH. Some of us will pay for tickets but all of us chipped in to keep the Rangers here. Pretty discomforting that this was the path that the state chose.

As we know Calgary and Vancouver were looking to move east. The Phantoms were willing to relocate to Hartford for one year if the right deal was struck and I am convinced that Bridgeport would have moved if the right deal was in place regardless of their current contract with HARBOR YARD.