Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

Countdown Clock: 34 Days till the Uniondale Vote

Always said that Connecticut should just go ahead and sell all of Fairfield County to New York State. That would raise a bunch of capital in a hurry. But they would then lose the "long term" tax revenue from all the wealthy people (home owners)that live in Greenwich. I never go there so I would not miss anything if Fairfield county was unloaded. Hey, just a thought. :?

"The race to choose a developer to redevelop the N*****au Coliseum moved one step closer to the finish line this week when N*****au County Executive Ed Mangano announced that they planned to make a decision on a developer for the Coliseum by July 15, but the timeline has been pushed back until August."

Article and latest update coming from Long Island Business News as of July 11th.

Buddy interning at newspaper down there says is down to Msg and ratner the guy who built barclay center. and he says group global was working with was out.

WhalerChad wrote:

> Buddy interning at newspaper down there says is down to Msg and ratner the

> guy who built barclay center. and he says group global was working with was

> out.

Got any insider insight on who might win the Uniondale vote? Looking at both deals Ratners group is the one id pick. Sweeter offer as opposed to MSG.

PackFan5580 wrote:

> Got any insider insight on who might win the Uniondale vote? Looking at both deals

> Ratners group is the one id pick. Sweeter offer as opposed to MSG.

Says the guy who want both MSG and the Rangers affiliation to remain in Hartford. Shocking affirmation! :lol:

back when he first started interning he said rumors had long island pols liking ratner better but he didnt give me update on that this time and just told me it was down to msg and ranter.

back when he started interning also said msg plan was to put Wnba liberty on long island and try to buy Echl minor team and move rangers echl minor players to long island and he said knicks dleague team owners dont want to move team from erie to li and rangers Ahl players would stay hartford cause connecticut pols want at least Ahl team at Xl center. he didnt give updates on that this time.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Getting close guys, the vote is almost upon us,,let's go MSG add some more

> perks..

"The race to choose a developer to redevelop the N*****au Coliseum moved one step closer to the finish line this week when N*****au County Executive Ed Mangano announced that they planned to make a decision on a developer for the Coliseum by July 15, but the timeline has been pushed back until August."

If wouldn't *****ume the Pack stays if MSG loses the N*****ua bid.

Just saying we never seem to be able to guess anything that isn't immidiately in our presence.

I agree evo, I don't think MSG will spend all that money to put an echl team in there, they have more ranger fans out there than there are in Connecticut. To think if they spent 100 million in hartford 10 years ago where we would be today.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> I agree evo, I don't think MSG will spend all that money to put an echl

> team in there, they have more ranger fans out there than there are in

> Connecticut. To think if they spent 100 million in hartford 10 years ago

> where we would be today.

they'd probably be permanent. In three seasons the Rangers will have been parked here for 20 years.

Honestly all I can say is that is a heck of a run for a minor league affiliation

20 years isn't a record but its rarified air I think for a team city affiliate.

Probably the Indians had the longest in History? But not with the same team and I never know how that works.

This of course is all being hypothesized with a Pack/Whale departure.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

> The head of the CRDA said at a lunch that someone I know was at that the

> Rangers ultimately would love to "get closer to NY."

That's right. He said. MSG probably down the road wants to be closer to NY.

Why would he say that in public? Sounds like he knows

If the CRDA wanted them gone so bad, then why did they tell the state to take a deal where they pay the affiliation fee of $1.4 million a year for the next 3 to 5 years?

maybe cause Crda and state wanted gaurantee Ahl team being here while new arena manager settled in and even though there was chance Global might get another team to come here right away there wasnt gaurantee so Crda and state bit bullet and payed to make sure Ahl team would be here. but im not sure.

WhalerChad wrote:

> maybe cause Crda and state wanted gaurantee Ahl team being here while new

> arena manager settled in and even though there was chance Global might get

> another team to come here right away there wasnt gaurantee so Crda and

> state bit bullet and payed to make sure Ahl team would be here. but im not

> sure.

You are definitely in the ball park.

Global only had the option of bringing the Phantoms here. I don't think they talked to anyone about moving their team here. The Bushnell didn't even try, and suggested bringing in an ECHL team, and AEG started making deals with other teams even though the state said they had to deal with MSG before going to anyone else.

I don't think the CRDA thinks about hockey in the way that we do. I'd love to believe they want to encourage the Rangers to leave, but I don't think they think that far ahead. They just want something in the XL that fills dates and pays the bills and doesn't make them build a new arena for hockey. Now if it is UConn, they're up all night dreaming of ways to *****ist.

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

> I don't think the CRDA thinks about hockey in the way that we do. I'd love

> to believe they want to encourage the Rangers to leave, but I don't think

> they think that far ahead. They just want something in the XL that fills

> dates and pays the bills and doesn't make them build a new arena for

> hockey. Now if it is UConn, they're up all night dreaming of ways to

> *****ist.

I feel the same way and think the CRDA and Global feels the same way about the affiliation with the Rangers.

I don't know whaleguy, I think there hands were tied this time around but the crda knows that MSG is about money, and why spend 250 million dollars on Long Island for an echl team.. There are more ranger fans out there than Hartford,freimuth said he believes the rangers would love to be closer to home.. Now why say something unless you know something.. Lots of changes coming up and the crda knows