Sign in to follow this  
Hartfordyouremyhome

Countdown Clock: 34 Days till the Uniondale Vote

Tomorrow is August first and we can probably expect a decision within the next few weeks. I think that no matter what

MSG winning the bid could definitely affect Hartford Hockey. How soon may be the question more than how much?

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> > WhalePack wrote:

> > "you can never please EVERY Hartford hockey fan..."

> >

> > Yes, true. But the goal isn't to try & please the least amount of them.

>

> If this wasn't so sad it be **nny.

It is **nny! What's sad is the state has no idea they have Helen Kellers senses when it comes to this markets desires and needs

I don't believe it will be the Rangers/MSG winning the bid.

The rangers have to move in 10 years for a stupid reason of re-doing Penn Station. I don't see them wanting to win the bid and deal with the Mausoleum in N*****au when they are renovating MSG now and needing to find a new home.

The Ratner group has a much better offer on the table anyways.

Yes packstain, the rangers are gonna leave billions behind in N*****au and back out because they have to build an arena.. MSG will win the bid it was already endorsed by someone very close to the negotiations.. And I hope you saw that it clearly states they will be moving the ahl there.. I say lets get them out early since the state paid the fee and get a nutrak team here.. Ratners plan is null because bettman already said he dosnt see the islanders playing 6 games there..

The Islanders are leaving N*****au County for greener pastures in Brooklyn. N*****au County didn’t want them, and over a decade later, remains in the midst of selecting a final plan for the development of the Hub area; however, Plainview developer Donald Monti — selected by N*****au County Executive Edward Mangano as the master developer of the soon to be vacant Hub area — on Monday endorsed the Madison Square Garden Company’s bid to overhaul the Coliseum. Combine this with the difficulty to find another place in the city that can hold a sports’ team, and, if MSG wins the bid to overhaul the Coliseum, the Rangers may not have a choice.

Heres what the article said packstain..read it and understand it..

This may require its own thread but think about this: IMO whoever wins the N*****au bid it spells the end of the rangers in hartford . If MSG wins, then they most likely move the WolfPack down there for at least 10 years until maybe the rangers themselves have to play in the building. If Barclays wins then it makes sense that they move the sound tigers there. Now that leaves the harbor yard lease which by the time the colisieum is renovated will still have 5 or so years left on it. The lease states they have to find another team to honor the lease that runs until 2021. Which would most likely be the rangers IMO. Either way the 2 NY farm teams will be in N*****au and bridgeport come 3 years from now.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Good point will

Thanks jersey. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to make that make sense in under 2000 characters.

PackFan5580 wrote:

"I don't believe it will be the Rangers/MSG winning the bid."

It's so **nny that the only thing you've said negative in years towards the Rags is in deference to the one thing that that might keep them here.

MSG won't lose that bid; & maybe next year someone can create a green & blue 'Good Riddance' sign for St. Pat's Day.

Simple politics and resentments would suggest that MSG will win the bid. Ratner and his group are the way the Islanders are leaving for Brooklyn, not sure N*****au County is going to be thrilled to bend over backwards to help Ratner.

If the Rangers do leave Hartford a major catalyst to their migration will be that the Isles moved to Brooklyn. That totally freed up LI for the Rangers to move in to that area. Closer to NY too.

MSG wanted to do that type of stuff at the HCC but the CDA said no. They wanted to remodel the mall, and have more restaurants, and the were giving the CDA millions of dollars every year to make up for the money they were losing on the entire building.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

"Show me where it says that biggie,I want to see it.."

Jersey, clearly MSG was planning on spending a billion dollars in downtown Hartford. They've done nothing but build up this market & have only its best interest at heart. I'm surprised you haven't noticed all of the care they've shown for Hartford, its history, & its fan base; it should be obvious with all of the...Haha, I can't stop laughing long enough to finish this.

Biggie1083 wrote:

> MSG wanted to do that type of stuff at the HCC but the CDA said no. They

> wanted to remodel the mall, and have more restaurants, and the were giving

> the CDA millions of dollars every year to make up for the money they were

> losing on the entire building.

I don't know how much money MSG may have lost but I bet its similar to what AEG or GS has or will lose over time.

When MSG ran the building they dealt with issues that any building manager would encounter.

Whalevolution wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > MSG wanted to do that type of stuff at the HCC but the CDA said no. They

> > wanted to remodel the mall, and have more restaurants, and the were giving

> > the CDA millions of dollars every year to make up for the money they were

> > losing on the entire building.

>

> I don't know how much money MSG may have lost but I bet its similar to what AEG or GS

> has or will lose over time.

>

> When MSG ran the building they dealt with issues that any building manager would

> encounter.

MSG was making $2 million a year while the CDA as a whole was losing $4 million. MSG wanted to buy the entire building so that the CDA would stop losing millions of dollars. Instead the CDA made Northland the managers, and sold the mall to them. That's why we now have an half empty atrium and a luxury apartment building.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Wonder if anyone else can imagine how much worse it'd be if MSG actually

> owned the XL.

Actually that maybe the only time they'd show any interest in it, but I would bet that they have never had any interest in buying it. They only really worked on things in Hartford when they completely ran it.

Their attention is just focused elsewhere right now. Thank**lly Lol