Sign in to follow this  
Whaleofatime

..... Coyotes Staying in Glendale for at least next 5 years

Monizzle you just don't know to say that you are right..it was quoted somewhere that if in fact the coyotes moved they would okay at the key arena till one was ready.. If and if there was a team that wanted too e to Hartford, thee Xl would be a great temp home.. Your the only one who s

Dosnt think so..

It seems like you made your pts. at least 100 times. It cl*****ic chicken or the egg metaphor. I think your main argument is that the XL is not suitable in this day in time for the NHL even as a temporary venue period. By your own admission you don't think it prudent to build one without some kind of written guarantee of a team coming. Do you think a team would remain in a city with their fans knowing that they are leaving in 2 yrs. while the new building is being constructed in some other state? I can't remember that ever happening. How would you work that glaring problem out? Using the XL for 2 seasons seems to be the only viable answer. The only exception would be a new franchise that would be put on a 2yr. hold. Is that the scenario you are thinking?

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:it was quoted

> somewhere that if in fact the coyotes moved they would okay at the key

> arena till one was ready..

Yea but coyotes didnt move to seattle probaly because Nhl was just using seattle to get glendale to ok new deal with new coyotes owners. reason seattle was just a threat is cause the new arena thats supposed to be getting built there is on hold til a Nba team can be gotten for seattle. So with no arena besides old key ready in seattle for who knows how long the Nhl wasnt serios about going to seattle. monizzle is right the Nhl is not going to a city without a new arena and rich owner. Glendale got new arena in 2003 and has rich new owners that public knows about, Winnipeg got new arena in 2004 and has rich owners public knew about, quebec has new arena being built right now for 2015 and rich possible owner helping to pay for arena that wants to own team. Hartford has old aena and ???? for owner.

Opinions guys, I could have mine to.. If that's how you feel than great, j don't try and validate yours.. In my opinion andante others as well, the Xl is a fine suitable temp home ifffffff there was someone interested in coming in.. You guys really go out of your way to make Hartford a dead zone, we need more Howard's..

We need a guy with enough money to buy a Nhl team and enough money to pay for at least part of building a new arena and enough pull to convince goverment officials to also invest in a new arena. Thats what we need if Nhl is going to come back to hartford.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Monizzle you just don't know to say that you are right..it was quoted

> somewhere that if in fact the coyotes moved they would okay at the key

> arena till one was ready.. If and if there was a team that wanted too e to

> Hartford, thee Xl would be a great temp home.. Your the only one who s

> Dosnt think so..

I am not the only one saying the XL is not going to fly as a temp arena. Matter of fact guys like Mark H agree with me on that even. What link and valid source is there to follow up with the key arena being suitable? Look everyone who claims that an old arena could hold a temp team brings up examples from the 70's or 80's. But in 2013 the fact of the matter is the NHL like many other major sports has not allowed a team to move into an outdated 30 year old arena even on a 1 or 2 year basis. Im not saying you can't have a differing opinion. All i am saying is provide proof/links evidence to back your opinion up. Cause still nobody can name a situation in this decade or century where an NHL team has been allowed to change cities play at an old 30 or 40 year old arena while another arena is being built. That exception went out in the 90's.

If a new arena starts being talked about with uconn and ownership groups are talking about hartford which could happen in 5 to 10 years then were talking about a more realistic chance of a team moving here. But the XL center will not meet short term standards for an arena the NHL wants games being played in. From day One they will have to play in a new arena or have a holding pattern in their old city until a completion of a new arena is met.

WhalerChad wrote:

> We need a guy with enough money to buy a Nhl team and enough money to pay

> for at least part of building a new arena and enough pull to convince

> goverment officials to also invest in a new arena. Thats what we need if

> Nhl is going to come back to hartford.

Agreed 100%. A split of money from Taxpayers/Government, Possibly Uconn, and a new ownbership group could actually come to fruition. But the key point being an owner who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and not be lazy to want to move to a city already with an arena to save money. In Hartford there is the TV ratings showing we watch hockey, the revenue sales from whaler gear that still ranks with NHL teams, and a hockey history we have that all set in the city.

However like you said there has to be someone with money who wants to buy into the Hartford experience. Otherwise other cities will just continue to see a whalers jersey and give a person props. And there will continue to be the same story about how Hartford was the "Green Bay" of the NHL back in the day. And there will never be a team here.

You state the obvious some guy or guys with big bucks willing to buy a team and pay half the costs of a new building would do the trick. Well YAH! Will that be a relocated Team or new franchise? I think my last post contains that problem of Where do they Play for 2 yrs.?

top cat wrote:

> You state the obvious some guy or guys with big bucks willing to buy a team

> and pay half the costs of a new building would do the trick. Well YAH!

> Will that be a relocated Team or new franchise? I think my last post

> contains that problem of Where do they Play for 2 yrs.?

to me Hartford has a slim to none chance of getting a new franchise. the NHL isn't going to allow a franchise to start without a new building already up. Its all about image and the run down XL center in HD even with slight upgrades will never look pretty for the money global is putting into it.

what is more likely is a team financially straped having to move to a hockey market. but yes like you said what owner who is losing money be so happy to invest in building an arena when they can move to a seattle or quebec or Kansas City where there are arenas built or will be built by the time you move. and that has been a point i have been trying to make in threads like this for a few weeks now. Expecting an owner losing money to move and invest in a new arena is like someone selling a house to downsize and save money and expecting them to build a smaller house from the ground up. No if you have to sell a house you can't afford you are just going to move into a smaller house being sold on the market because its cheaper easier than building another house from the ground up.

Here’s how things could work. The Gosbee group will buy the team for an announced price of $170 million. That’s the easy part. Then comes the deal with the City of Glendale and whether or not it is willing to spend money it doesn’t have to keep the team there or risk leaving the Jobing.com Arena without a major tenant. Speculation is that if Gosbee’s group cannot come up with a suitable deal to keep the Coyotes in Glendale, Seattle then becomes a viable option. The team would play out of the antiquated Key Arena in Seattle until the new arena is built. It would not be the ideal situation, but it’s the best option at the moment.

According to a source, there are a couple of kinks in that plan. The first is, Key Arena has taken out its ice-making equipment and cemented over the chilling system in the floor. That would leave the Tacoma Dome, which is about 30 miles south of Seattle, as a possibility. The other is that Chris Hansen, the San Francisco-based hedge **nd manager who is building the new arena, is not a hockey fan, but would be amenable to having the hockey team as a second tenant in the building after a basketball team.

That is an article from the hockey news, if you would like the link I will post it, this should shut you up and your rediculous motion that the Xl won't be a suitable temp home..and mark has stated that the Xl is not nhl ready but good for a temp home,as well as many others..now why is it good for some cities and not for Hartford..

"That is an article from the hockey news, if you would like the link I will post it, this should **** you up and your rediculous motion that the Xl won't be a suitable temp home..and mark has stated that the Xl is not nhl ready but good for a temp home,as well as many others..now why is it good for some cities and not for Hartford.."

Absolutely the XL would work for a one or two season temp home. Essentially, that's what the N*****au Coliseum is right now; & the Bolton Ice Palace is a better hockey venue than it is.

"Hymh don't you love when everyone claims to love Hartford but *****ssss on it every chance they get.."

I certainly will never understand it, nor the perpetual 'can't do' attitude we have around here.

> That is an article from the hockey news, if you would like the link I will

> post it, this should **** you up and your rediculous motion that the Xl

> won't be a suitable temp home..and mark has stated that the Xl is not nhl

> ready but good for a temp home,as well as many others..now why is it good

> for some cities and not for Hartford..

Wow you almost actually posted a link and proof lol im amazed you have supporting details for once haha kudos. At the same time this source and this alleged plan still are far from being a reality. By the time Seattle even sees a team the new arena in Seattle will already be completed at this point. Nevertheless in the last decade a team has yet to do what is alleged in Seattle and what you think would happen in Hartford. And with teams struggling down south for years it would have already done if possible.

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Absolutely the XL would work for a one or two season temp home.

> Essentially, that's what the N*****au Coliseum is right now; & the Bolton

> Ice Palace is a better hockey venue than it is.

Logistics wise it could be possible to play an actual game in the XL but the whole mindset of the NHL is to not have another situation like N*****au is right now.

I just don't play your senseless game.. The proof is easy to find if you look for it, or it just may be that you really don't care about Hartford.. Your proof is there and yet you still continue with your idiotic one way your right thinking.. And for the the record the plan was in place in case coyotes couldn't reach a deal,and it was to prove that you are wrongggg.. But no kudos for you sorry.. And the link came from hockey news.., pretty reliable source I would say..

Monizzle145 wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

>

> > Absolutely the XL would work for a one or two season temp home.

> > Essentially, that's what the N*****au Coliseum is right now; & the Bolton

> > Ice Palace is a better hockey venue than it is.

>

> Logistics wise it could be possible to play an actual game in the XL but the whole

> mindset of the NHL is to not have another situation like N*****au is right now.

Hence temporary home fool..

> I just don't play your senseless game.. The proof is easy to find if you

> look for it, or it just may be that you really don't care about Hartford..

> Your proof is there and yet you still continue with your idiotic one way

> your right thinking.. And for the the record the plan was in place in case

> coyotes couldn't reach a deal,and it was to prove that you are wrongggg..

> But no kudos for you sorry.. And the link came from hockey news.., pretty

> reliable source I would say..

im not doubting the hockey news as a valid source all i am saying is its a source of a possibility its not something that has actually happen. I could give a source about someone who thinks the world will end in 2013 but it hasn't happened. My point all along that you seem to miss is no team moving cities has gone to a temporary outdated building in this modern era. Winnipeg went straight to a new arena, Atlanta had a new arena. Same with Columbus, Minnesota etc.

While you have a source and a link that source and possibility the Coyotes as of right now are still in Phoenix. Like i said give me an example in the last 10 years where a team moves cities ant temporarily plays in a 30+ plus year old arena.

I'm very surprised they are still so obsessed with Phoenix and can't just admit they were wrong. And the XL would be accepted, I think, for 1 year as a temporary home, but the ownership group and new arena are two huge things we don't have.

jerseydiehard where you get your info that key arena don't have icemaking equipment? Your source is wrong about that cause yahoo!sports quoted key arena building engineer 2 or 3 weekback that key arena icemaking system is still there and working and that they test it once a month to make sure it is still working. and they test it by taking pipes down to 5 degrees. Even offered to show the writer the system works. Said city still owns 2 key arena zamboni and there in storage. Your source is flat wrong about icemaking at key arena so how accurate are they about anything?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coyotes-move-seattle-summer-001700251--spt.html

Have **n with the link idiots.. It clearly says ifffff they do indeed move it would be Seattle and possibly play in the key arena orrrrr wait for it, wait for it, another old temp arena.. What more proof do you need guys..yes Phoenix has resolved there situation but the possibility was there.. So tell me why Hartford can't be a temp home, and if you still say no your lying to yourself

Monizzle, I don't think anyone is talking about probabilities here. After all this back-&-forth on this thread by everybody, there's one thing that everyone should keep in mind.

Some believe Hartford needs a billionaire owner; some believe we need the corporations to come together; some, the politicians. And some, a combination of all 3. Let's just say that whatever it is that's needed, does occur, & everyone wants a team here. Do you think the prospect of playing one or two seasons at the XL would cancel the deal? When Karmanos pulled out of Hartford, one the things he actually considered was putting an ice surface in an empty hangar in Columbus, Ohio.

Put another way: If Hartford had its own hockey-loving version of Mark Cuban & he bought a team, do you think he or his investors would drop the whole thing because they'd have to play in the XL?

Here's something to always remember: When Money Wants Something Done; Money Gets Something Done.

The bigger issue in Hartford is the endless negative prattle by everyone around here. The "No way," "Never," "Not gonna happen," etc crowds never s h u t up. We are the definition of a self-**lfilling prophesy. We're always negative about Hartford &, as a result, nothing ever gets built here; hockey or otherwise.

Other formerly downtrodden cities, (Baltimore, Cleveland, Providence, Springfield, etc) say, "We're down, but not out. Let's see what we can do to better ourselves." But Hartford? It's ALWAYS: "We s u c k. Let's put ourselves down constantly, do nothing but whine, & keep deteriorating." And that's exactly what we do, & exactly why we've been stuck in neutral & reverse for decades.

@hartfordyouremyhome Columbus is a perfect example of what might realistically be what could happen in hartford. by that i mean yes they did consider airplane hangars and other means to get a team but after being formed in 1997 they waited until 2000 to launch their team with a new state of the art venue to play in. That is exactly what i see happening if Hartford gets a team back. You reach a deal with the city break ground on an arena and stay in the south or out west until that arena is completed. And that extra time in between markets gives logistical preparation time for that team losing money to prepare.

As far as me being anti hartford i am not. I juts try to be realistic and honest. I would love for a team to come back and belive in many factors of the market. At the same I believe things need to change in certain facets such as a plan for an arena and government support need to change. And while you might have a point of how negative talk turns to a self **lfilling prophecy i think the issues are beyond negative attitudes. Because you can't do much when there is no owner and limited government support.

We all agree on that monizzle, and whatever it is, it is, but you can't say the Xl wouldn't be a good enough TEMP home for a team when clearly it is.. And obviously things would have to be into ion for that to happen.. If they could do it in Seattle than they could do it in Hartford a proven market..