Sign in to follow this  
Whaleofatime

..... Coyotes Staying in Glendale for at least next 5 years

jerseydiehard dont be calling people idiots since source quoted in you link is wrong about key arena icemaking equipment being taken out and chilling system being cemented over. Yahoo story you link to is from 6/12/13 and quotes unnamed source. Two weeks later on 6/25 key arena engineer named Fred young is quoted in story at my link saying key arena has 2 icemaking machines and 250-ton compressors and icemaking system is tested every month and the city of seattle owns 2 zambonis that are stored at seattle center and that seattle center is willing to show key arena icemaking system to prove that reports like one you link to are wrong about no icemaking system at Key arena.

Edited by Guest

What don't you guys not understand. How many times are you going to go around with this thing making the same points. Here are some realities as all your opinions don't mean S***: 1 No building until 100% sure Hartford's getting a team.2 If it's an existing franchise the nhl will allow the Xl to be their home for two years.3 If it's an expansion team they may allow 2 years before we get that team in order for the new facility to be built. That's it. What are you guys still discussing. I think by now we all are aware that the owner has got to believe this is a viable market and top politicians got to want it to happen in order to set up financing. What else is there? let's all move on.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote: If they

> could do it in Seattle than they could do it in Hartford a proven market..

they didnt do it in seattle and thats point. there was a story about a rumor of a possibility that Coyotes would go to key arena in seattle temporarly but it didnt happen cause like monizzle says Nhl moved away from having teams set up temporarly in old arenas while new ones get built. Instead Nhl waits till new arenas are built in cities and then puts teams in those cities. Columbus new building in 2000 and Glendale new in 2003 and Winnipeg new in 2004 and Quebec with new arena being built right now for 2015. name a place in last 13 years where Nhl has put a team without new building being ready to host team. Name a place where Nhl has put a team in last 13 years where team played in a old rundown place before moving to new arena. You cant. Monizzle is right and your wrong.

top cat wrote:

What

> else is there?

Theres jerseydiehard not calling people idiots when hes the one who is wrong. He keeps bringing up unnamed source that says key arena has no icemaking system when a named source the engineer at the key arena no less quoted saying there is a working icemaking system at key arena right now.

Whalerchad learn how to read, it's right in the article.. I even posted the link for you.. Topcat I understand what they are saying but to say Xl is not good enough to be a temp home and than say Seattle is, really is absurd. So to sum it up, Hartford has a good a chance as anyone at getting a team back.. All you need is someone that wants to move here or an expansion team..

Monizzle145 wrote:

"As far as me being anti hartford i am not. I juts try to be realistic and honest."

Please understand that I'm not saying, "You, Monizzle145, are anti-Hartford."

My point from before goes beyond just hockey. Any time that any project is brought up that might be beneficial to the city, the Negative Nancys start hopping around faster than a rainstorm can get the ground wet.

"It's too much money," "No one will come," "We're too close to (Insert nearby city here)" "We should be spending the money on (insert countless things that tax revenue has been wasted on here) instead." Etc, etc, etc.

Many cities get things done for the better. Hartford though has some sort of huge inferiority complex where people can't wait to trash anything, for any reason; almost like they enjoy it.

& what has all this negativity bought us? Lost jobs, people moving, closed businesses, reduced commerce. Until people say "Wait, we can improve ourselves, let's try," nothing will ever change around here.

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

> Whalerchad learn how to read, it's right in the article.. I even posted the

> link for you..

I read the article you link and a unnamed source says that key arena doesnt have a icemaking equipment and the cooling system is sealed under concrete. the problem with the so-called facts about key arena icemaking equipment in your article is that the article i linked quotes key arena engineer fred young saying that key arena does have ice making equipment right now and cooling system is not under concrete and that the key arena icemaking system is tested every month. i will take named source over unnamed source especialy when named source actually works at Keyarena. So jerseydiehard you should learn how to read cause the fact that Keyarena has a icemaking system is right in the article i posted the the link to.

Jersey, that argument about the XL not good enough for a temp home is ridiculous to say the least. That would not be a stumbling block. A 15,000 seat coliseum is more than enough for a short time. If there was a real creditable push for the NHL it would suffice. There is no doubt.

So jerseydiehard does keyarena have icemaking equipment or not? cause keyarena engineer saysit does and its tested every month so it looks like the source you link to is wrong about no icemaking equippment at keyarena. So if article you link to is wrong about that what else is it wrong about? wrong about coyotes going to keyarena temporarly. cause they are staying in glendale cause glendale has new arena and keyarena is old and out dated.

top cat wrote:

> Jersey, that argument about the XL not good enough for a temp home is

> ridiculous to say the least. That would not be a stumbling block. A 15,000

> seat coliseum is more than enough for a **** time. If there was a real

> creditable push for the NHL it would suffice. There is no doubt.

its not that the XL could not logistically host an NHL game because it could. The fact of the matter is there won't be a move until a new arena is completed. Like i said Columbus was formed in 1997 and the team did not enter the league untill 2000 when the new arena was completed. That is what i think would happen with hartford. They reach a tenative deal to leave a southern market start building an arena then a year or 2 later move to hartford at that new venue.

Whaler chad read the article, it's not my source it's an article in the hockey news.it also says they could use the Tacoma dome.. Now ask yourself who is more prepared to house a team, Hartford or all the other cities mentioned..

you still ducking question jerseydiehrd. read article i linked to and answer if keyarena has ice making equipment or not. article i link to the engineer at keyarena guy named fred young says keyarena does have icemaking equipment and its tested every month to see that it works. so is obviouos that the unnamed source for guy writing hockey news article you link to is wrong about keyarena not having icemaking equipment and if that source is wrong about keyarena not having icemaking equipment then what else he wrong about? what else in that hockey news article is wrong? it was sure wrong to say coyotes could be moving to old arena in seattle or tacoma cause coyotes are staying at new arena opened 2003 in glendale.

also can you give example last 13 years of Nhl letting team move to city and playing in old out dated arena while new arena built? Nhl rather put teams in new buildings like columbus 2000 and glendale 2003 winnipeg 2004 and quebec when its new arena finishes in 2015. who more prepared to house a Nhl team jobing arena in glendale or Xl center? mts center in winnipeg or xl center? nationwide arena in columbus or Xl center? if old outdated building is ok for Nhl to move team to then how come coyotes not move temporarly to colisee pepsi in quebec while new arena gets built there? Nhl wants teams going in to new buildings from start now not playing in old run down building temporarly. that is what hartford needs is a brand new building from start.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying whalerchad, you con**se with you circle of a story.. Iffffff the coyotes moved and only ifffffff Seattle would have been a choice, this is from Gary bettman and his cronies mouth, iffffff the situation wasn't resolved in Phoenix, Seattle would have been there new home or they would cease for a year, in fact iffffff it was Seattle, key arena, although a few kinks, orrrrrr the Tacoma dome would be a temporary home till an arena was built... Now all I want to know is why you monizzle feel compelled to throw Hartford into the dumps by saying the Xl is not a good temp home when in fact, they are currently using it for hockey, fits 15000 people and makes ice.. Read what I am saying, iffffff it didn't work out in Phoenix, Seattle would have a team next season.. It's not my source idiot it's an article in the hockey news and came directly from the commissioners mouth..

And whaler chad im glad you get what i am saying. The fact of the matter is in the last decade it has not been done. And while you have facts proving Jerseys article wrong, he continue to act like a stubborn 16 year old teenage girl who is too s*****y to post links and respond to the root of the question.

Now if somehow an owner falls into place to move a current team or a newly created team to Hartford i think they could take time like Minnesota and Columbus to wait for that arena. That would also give both the owner and the league time to plan for a TV contract and other side things. that would need to be done. A team could come back here if certain things change but most likely it will be in a new arena. That arena doesn't have to be built once the team is created but the new team or relocated team would most likely sit in the current spot until completion of a new arena. People highly underrate how important state of the art arenas are in every major sport. Heck the only reason nearly every nfl stadium will have free wifi next year (if not already added) is based on complaints from fans to follow fantasy sports.

> Now all I want to know is why

> you monizzle feel compelled to throw Hartford into the dumps by saying the

> Xl is not a good temp home when in fact, they are currently using it for

> hockey, fits 15000 people and makes ice..

again jersey i am not saying it cannot logistically host a regular season NHL game. all i am saying is given the past decade of NHL history any relocation or start up team has started from brand new. Even though columbus was going to consider playing in an airplane hangar they waited. The Wild waited for the XCEL. The Jets moved into a venue built in the mid 2000's. Yes the XL could host a game but i think just like any modern era team they will wait in their current city or not start a new franchise untill a new building is built. Image is everything in sports today. That's why current teams like DET NYI are moving into new venues asap to leave old buildings behind.

Monizzle, don't be an ****, I know what he is saying, I read it.. You have an opinion fine, but don't ***** on Hartford, if the NHL wants to they could be here next year if someone wants to move here..we sit here and make reasoning for all cities that should or shouldn't have a team but when it comes to Hartford everyone just throws them in the dumps,, you guys can't understand what I'm saying that's what the problem is.. Coyotes were one vote away from Seattle, where would they play because bettman made it clear that it was his first choice.. You guys are idiots and don't understand, whalerchad keeps talking about ice making equipment like its the point in trying to make.. I'm done with you 2 idiots,you guys were probably like 5 when the whalers were here.. My closing statement is and what I've been saying from the beginning is, the Xl center in Hartford is a perfect temp home for a couple seasons iffffffffff there was an owner willing to move here and a deal for an arena in place.. Byeeee..and if you can't agree with that them move out of Connecticut

Lol at you telling us to move out of Connecticut yet you live in New Jersey. You are mistaken if you think i am trying to stop a team from moving here. All I am doing is being realistic and using facts 2 things you seem not to do. I am all for a team coming here and think if things change they could come here. Your conjecture that if a team was going to move here and overnight sign a deal with the XL is contrary to the modern era of team relocation's in any sport. The only moves overnight in the last 15 years have been to cities that have a state of the art arena (See OKC Thunder/Winnipeg Jets.)

Now that doesn't mean a team would not move to Hartford. However given the outdated arena and lack of an open sports TV station's and many other factors it would take a few years to work out that move. Which is why if a team moved here (and again i think it could happen) it would not be an overnight move. And again we have no owner at the moment who wants to move here overnight. Any modern possible move takes more time and thinking than the quick move that happened in Hartford in the late 90's. Things are more complex even in that short period of time.

You are thinking way too much with emotions and not with facts. The simple idea that you are too lazy to post an article yet you spin away and talk about how we were 5 when the team moved (which is false i was 6 and a half lmao) is immature and childish and not professional at all.

Still going around and around. jersey and I are in complete agreement. The nhl or owners will not care if the XL has no media box, not enough urinals narrow concourse, terrible concessions or whatever. IT"S ONLY FOR TWO YEARS! Help me out here, what's all this bs about key arena and ice machines? I don't get it. I'm out See ya.

coyotes didnt move to seattle because Nhl was just using seattle as threat to get glendale to ok new deal with new coyotes owners. reason seattle was just a threat is cause the new arena thats supposed to be getting built there is on hold til a Nba team can be gotten for seattle. So with no arena besides old key ready in seattle for who knows how long the Nhl wasnt serios about going to seattle. they used seattle as a threat and it worked.

Thank You, I got it . Must have missed the earlier blogs. I'd like to know if Quebec has started work on a new building and is it still going on. Not much info. on that at least on this site. OH, I forgot Quebec is in a foreign country. USA USA USA

> I'm not sure I understand what you are saying whalerchad, you con**se with

> you circle of a story.. Iffffff the coyotes moved and only ifffffff Seattle

> would have been a choice, this is from Gary bettman and his cronies mouth

It's

> not my source idiot it's an article in the hockey news and came directly

> from the commissioners mouth..

jerseywhaler where in article in hockey news are commissioner bettman or crony bill daly quoted that coyotes would move to seattle? bettman and daly dont say anything about coyotes moving to seatle at all. bettman says time getting short for gosbee leblanc to make deal with glendale and daly says its possible team wont play in glendale. but niether bettman or daly says anything about seattle being place coyotes would move. Niether guy mentions seattle in that article. nothing about coyotes moving specificaly to seattle came directly from commisioners mouth or dalys mouth. the guy who wrote article says that SPECULATION is the coyotes would relocate to seattle. but guy who wrote article allso says his source says keyarena took out icemaking equipment which is wrong because key arena engineer says in other article that keyarena still has ice making equip. So if guy who wrote hockeynews article is dumb enough to accept bad incorrect info from source on key arena icemaking equipment why trust him to get right info from source about coyotes moving to seattle? iffffff you knew how to read article you keep quoting you would understand article is **ll of holes and speculation and not **ll of FACTS.