Sign in to follow this  
Whaleofatime

..... Coyotes Staying in Glendale for at least next 5 years

Recommended Posts

Topcat I blocked the two in my opinion idiots, all I'm saying is the Xl is a good temp home for a team if an owner wanted to move them on the agreement that a new facility is being built..the two idiots, said it would never happen,and throw Hartford to the dumps.. I used the situation in Phoenix as an example for them, that in case the deal fell through and Phoenix failed to approve the vote, the article wich I posted says that the key arena or the Tacoma dome would be a viable option to move the team to Seattle until a new one is built..my point is that it's fine for the Xl to be a temp home.. And if you read the article it says everything you need to know, from bettman and dalys comments to the options they had just on case the deal fell through..!all speculation topcat, I'm just proving the Xl would be a fine temp home that's all and just tires of people dumping on Hartford..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why block people and call them idiots jersey? just because you cant admit article you link gets fact about key arena icemaking wrong and so could be **ll a mistakes about everything else you think it says. thats why you go blocking people who point that out to you and you call them idiots. you block people who dont agree with you and people who prove the things you say came straight from comissioners mouth arent even in article. have some guts and own up to your mistakes when there pointed out to you. No instead you block people which is like covering your ears and saying nanananananananana i cant hear you. Thats immature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He calls you idiots because you are or naïve. The NHL and or new owners would jump for joy with the use a the XL while waiting for their state of the art facility. Think about it if you can. They could start their operations immediately : building their fan base, team, public relations, and brand etc. Oh did I foget making $$. What don't you two get? Business is Business. Think of the excitement in anticipation and watching the new home for our team being constructed. That alone would boost Hartford immensely. No creative thinkers out there either on this board or in Connecticut politics. Oh well the land of study habits. Maybe it's do to the once insurance industry culture in Hartford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

top cat wrote:

> He calls you idiots because you are or naïve. The NHL and or new owners

> would jump for joy with the use a the XL while waiting for their state of

> the art facility.

 

I would not say jump for joy. Jumping for joy is having a city (Even if it is waiting a few years while hartford builds an arena) so day 1 you have a state of the art venue. Not having advanced modern scoreboards like the XL could costs you millions in ad money you could charge. Likewise a partial ribbon board again costs you thousands to millions more per season in ad money you could run. **rthermore the lack of mid level suites means less suite revenue you could make for optimal view luxury boxes you could sell to Aetna ESPN ING etc. Likewise the point you keep missing easily is the fact that they still have to put some money down to help build an arena. Mind you if a team is moving cities they are wanting to make as much money as possible to recoup recent losses.

 

If the XL center was such a great venue for any sports you would already have NHL preseason games here and more than 1 NBA pre-season game at the venue. At the end of the day the arena is a dump and even venues like the N*****au coliseum are better than the XL. Cause the Coliseum has its own parking lot at prices cheaper than downtown lots and better views from the upper deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TheWhaleGuy123 wrote:

"HYMH hit the nail right on the head about never-ending Hartford negativity preventing anything good from ever happening here."

 

Exactly. The people change, the generations change, & yet the negativity stays the same.

 

What everyone is overlooking here is if the NHL wanted to move to Hartford for whatever reason, & there was an owner they liked who could get it done, then it would get done. End of story.

 

They might stay where they are till the new arena is done. They might play in the XL for two years. Maybe Springfield. Maybe Bridgeport. Maybe the South Windsor Arena. Maybe they'll ask Bob Crawford to place 16,000 seats around the outdoor rink he builds in Bushnell each Christmas.

 

The point is if-& it's a BIG if, the NHL ever comes back to Hartford, all of these logistics will be figured out. Count on it. End. Of. Story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

 

>

> What everyone is overlooking here is if the NHL wanted to move to Hartford

> for whatever reason, & there was an owner they liked who could get it

> done, then it would get done. End of story.

>

> They might stay where they are till the new arena is done. They might play

> in the XL for two years. Maybe Springfield. Maybe Bridgeport. Maybe the

> South Windsor Arena. Maybe they'll ask Bob Crawford to place 16,000 seats

> around the outdoor rink he builds in Bushnell each Christmas.

>

> The point is if-& it's a BIG if, the NHL ever comes back to Hartford,

> all of these logistics will be figured out. Count on it. End. Of. Story.

 

But the most likely result is to wait for an arena to be built here. There is no way in **** the national hockey league will be played at the m***** mutual center or south windsor arena lol stp[ it. The most realistic result will be a tenative agreement reached while a team waits in their current city until an arena is built in east hartford. And at the end of the day wolfpackfan1998 can be a negative nacncy and down the NHL coming back. But if government/outside ownership reach a deal it has nothing to do with if hartford will get a team or not in my opinion.

 

There are people in every NHL or pro sports market who hate the noise/actual entertainment and **n that is in their city but that didn't matter because whenever pro sports arrived the local mayoral office and state government supported it. And an owner saw the **ture of that market. If a team comes back to hartford there will be thousands of nay sayers still but there will at that point be support from government and the hockey fans in this market. I think your not giving enough credit to the many people who are optomistic but realistic about hockey coming back here. They are not negative just moving on to new teams and the fact hockey isn't here but will be back should a team actually come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

What everyone is overlooking here is if the NHL wanted to move to Hartford for whatever reason, & there was an owner they liked who could get it done, then it would get done. End of story. They might stay where they are till the new arena is done. They might play in the XL for two years. Maybe Springfield. Maybe Bridgeport. Maybe the South Windsor Arena. Maybe they'll ask Bob Crawford to place 16,000 seats around the outdoor rink he builds in Bushnell each Christmas. The point is if-& it's a BIG if, the NHL ever comes back to Hartford, all of these logistics will be figured out. Count on it. End. Of. Story."

 

Monizzle145 wrote:

"But the most likely result is to wait for an arena to be built here. There is no way in **** the national hockey league will be played at the m***** mutual center or south windsor arena lol stp[ it."

 

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

Yes, I know. I was joking. But the point remains the same. IF the NHL planned on coming back here, it would happen. In any # of ways, including some you almost certainly haven't even considered.

 

This endless "But gosh, where would they play?!" tripe is a waste of time. That is not an issue at all. If the other, much more important ducks get in a row, that's all that will matter. Where they'd play for a season or two is the least important duck. Believe it.

 

This is like you really wanting to buy a car that was well-priced & that you really liked, but hesitating because you really didn't like the color of the floormats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but there is a huge difference between the NHL wanting to bring a team back and an owner wanting to to bring a team to CT. The NHL doesn't have any motivation to move any team to any specific market.Even if a team were to go to Quebec it would have to be on the will of the owner not the NHL. Betman and crew are too stubborn to admit their expansion failed in cities like Phoenix and Miami (florida panthers). My point is ownership groups (which would be making the move not the NHL) have not resorted to moving a team to a temp outdated arena.

 

In the cases of recent history any ownership group has waited even if it meant years in minnesota and columbus until a new arena is constructed. Atlanta ownership also stayed in that failing market until a new arena was scoped out and cleared to go in Winnipeg. So all i am saying is if a team comes to Hartford they are most likely not going to squat at the XL but reach an agreement for a new stadium and then stay in their current market until completion. A state of the art venue is not jut a floor mat on the car. If that was the case a team and interested ownership group would already be in Hartford and this thread would be about the offseason transactions of the whalers.

 

If a new venue was not an issue than hartford is perfect for a new team. but still a team has yet to return and no owner in sight has even rumored interest in the city. Every new franchise and or franchise move in the last decade has been directly to a recently built venue. If that wasn't a huge factor why would the NHL start up teams in cities like nashville and columbus over hartford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

top cat if business is busines why arent coyotes or other struggling Nhl team playing in quebec city where new arena is getting built right now and colisee pepsi could be used till new arena finished in 2015 and rich quebecor network could own team? they could start there operations immediately right? build fan base and build team and build public relations and build brand and make $$$? Monizzle is right that reason why thats not happening is same reason no team is coming to Hartford to play temporarly at Xl center and that is because owners and Nhl wants teams playing in new arenas right from start now and not wasting time in dumpy old rundown buildings like Xl center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and jersey doesnt call us idiots and block us cause were naive but because i let him know article he quoted was wrong on facts about keyarena icemaking and so could also be wrong about other speculation in article. he is embarased that article he builds his argument on is **ll of incorrect info and he is embar*****ed that other people caught incorrect info but he didnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> and jersey doesnt call us idiots and block us cause were naive but because

> i let him know article he quoted was wrong on facts about keyarena

> icemaking and so could also be wrong about other speculation in article. he

> is embarased that article he builds his argument on is **ll of incorrect

> info and he is embar*****ed that other people caught incorrect info but he

> didnt.

 

most people block someone because of continued hate speech, threats and or personal attacks jersey blocked people in this thread because he didn't wan't to have to try to find facts to back up his logic which is hillarious, diva like, and pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hymh and topcat I see you are trying to make them understand the way it works but to no avail.. That's the problem, they don't get that the NHL will do what they want to when they want they do it, no matter what the little kinks are.. Even if you show them in there face they still don't get it.. And yes I am from jersey but been to more Hartford hockey games than both of them combined..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you show jersey in his face the article he quotes gets facts wrong about icemaking at keyarena which shows it could be getting lots of other suposed facts wrong he turns his tail and runs and hides behind blocking you. when you show jersey the article he quotes has no quotes from bettman or daly even mentioning seattle he turns tail and runs and hides behind blocking you. Jersey gets embarased when people let him know article he backs opinion with is **ll a mistakes and specultion and he runs and hides and blocks people who point it out. jersey dont get that what Nhl wants to do is put teams in cities with new arenas and he dont get when Nhl wants to do it is when new arenas are finished being built cause playing in a old arena even for couple a years temporarly isnt a little kink to Nhl anymore it is a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol at the amount of whalers games equating to more knowledge about modern day logistics of teams changing cities. if jersey actually understood the National Hockey League he would know that the NHL doesn't just have an urge to move teams to certain markets it only approved ownership groups needs to move. Last time i checked the NHL doesn't move teams its a need from ownership. The NHL never left hartford because of the leagues front office that was all based on a move by the whalers ownership group at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote:

"Hymh and topcat I see you are trying to make them understand the way it works but to no avail.. That's the problem, they don't get that the NHL will do what they want to when they want they do it, no matter what the little kinks are.. Even if you show them in there face they still don't get it.. And yes I am from jersey but been to more Hartford hockey games than both of them combined.."

 

All you can do is try, Jersey. What a bunch of wasted character space. No one thinks there's a good chance the NHL is coming back here. But, if it all lines up none-NONE-of this will matter.

 

This "Where would they play?" issue would be a complete non-issue. A way would be found. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where a Nhl team would play in hartford isnt a complete nonissue though. it is a major major MAJOR part of if it all lines up cause nothing is lining up without new arena to play in in Hartford. and like monizzle points out team owners and Nhl havent moved a team to a city or given a expansion team to city where the team would have to play in old arena while a new one got built since year 2000. is all about having a brand new arena ready to go from start now. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F*** your article and your stat about "SINCE THE YEAR 2000" You two are wrong and we're correct. The Nhl makes it's own decisions and it's not based on articles. You disregard ligitement reasons and repeat the same crap. Enough already everybody. Are you two construction union presidents lobbying for a big long term construction job? That's it lights off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topcat and hymh, I look at it this way, there is no way anywhere in this country right now that would build an arena on the chance that the NHL might say,build it and we may consider you.. so take into consideration all the teams losing money, wich is about 20 of them, and one of those 20 says to our so called hockey fan governor, lets get down to business, if the two strike a deal to partner on building an arena, who is to say that the Xl won't be good for three years..I remember one thing Howard said and it makes perfect sense, Hartford will be a solution to a problem, now if the rangers had given things a chance under Baldwin, this very well may have happened, considering the rangers will leave in three years, there is still time for global to turn it around in time for a transition in the league that has already started with smaller venues in Winnipeg and Brooklyn..my point is, Xl is better than key arena, Tacoma dome, and any hangar you can think of, Hartford's chances are pretty good compared to where they were..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'You two are wrong and were correct'. LOL. who died and left you boss of Nhl top cat? the Nhl makes own decisions based on what best for leagues business and since 2000 the Nhl thinks it best for business is putting teams where COMPLETED new arenas are built. If your so right and were so wrong give example of Nhl putting expansion team or relocated team in run down arena even temporarly since 2000. you cant cause the facts dont back you. you disregard legitimate fact that Nhl hasnt let one expansion team or relocate team move into old arena even temporary in almost fifteen years cause it is better for business to put a team in brand new arena. jersey disregad legitimate fact that article he used to back his point was wrong about icemaking system in keyarena and so could be wrong about many other so called facts in article. Keep hoping and praying that Nhl will come to crappy old Xl center temporarly while waiting for new arena to be built and you gonna be waiting long time for nothing cause a rich owner isnt gonna even show interest in hartford unless a new arena is already started being built. Quebec has new arena all ready being built by city and province and big rich broadcasting company all ready wanting to own Nhl team without no promise from Nhl that quebec will even get team. Thats why quebec will get Nhl back one day once new arena is finished in 2015. hartford will sit around and wait for a owner to buy a team and garantee its coming to hartford before city and state will start building new hartford arena and that will mean no owner will ever buy a team for Hartford cause there not gonna invest in a hartford Nhl team without arena ground allready being broken. hartford will get left behind again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the time an NHL team arrives in Hartford to use the XL Center as it's temporary home, keep in mind the $37.7M improvements that the State & Global has committed in the short-term will be completed. The improvements include plumbing, electrical, elevators, security upgrades, bathrooms, concessions, seating, sound, floors and walls as the CRDA has reported. Also, seating improvements may include "Loge" private seating in the lower-levels - Global has big plans to make our AHL hockey a great experience, that could certainly transition into a temporary NHL home for a new team. So yes, the XL Center certainly can serve as a temporary home for an NHL team after the State of CT & Global's investments and improvements of the building are completed. We're heading for interesting times folks, just watch and see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really, really hope you're right WhalePack. I just worry that the 37.7 million they are spending on the XL is just they WON'T have to entertain a new facility in the next 10 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has become one of the biggest exercises in **tility in this board's history. Let me try to make this as simple as possible to understand by writing it out as a single point:

 

1) IF Hartford was to get an NHL team back, the logistics of where they would play in the interim-or the options they'd choose from-would have ALREADY BEEN DETERMINED before you either heard the first press conference, or re-posted the first Jeff Jacobs article about it. If there was no way to do it, there'd be no news of an NHL team coming here at all.

 

Neither the NHL or any owner is going to publicly commit to moving to Hartford, & then say to some NBCSports, ESPN or TSN reporter, "Okay, that's finally done. Now, let's try & figure out this new & temporary arena thing." Understand now? If the NHL for some reason wanted to be here; they're going to be here. If they don't want to or can't, they won't.

 

The Whalers played in West Springfield, for goodness sake... After building a $90 million CONNECTICUT taxpayer-**nded stadium for UConn football, UConn STILL agreed to play Notre Dame at Giants Stadium &/or Kraft Palace. Why? Money talks...There's a 19,000 seat arena in very northern East Rutherford, NJ just sitting there that could support a team whose games could be scheduled mostly weekends for a season. There is always a way

 

Spending all this time worrying about where a new NHL team would play, is like worrying about what'll happen to the oak tree in your backyard when the sun ****s the Earth into itself in 4 billion years. In other words: pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

top cat wrote:

> F*** your article and your stat about "SINCE THE YEAR 2000" You

> two are wrong and we're correct. The Nhl makes it's own decisions and it's

> not based on articles.

 

so there is a team that has moved to an old arena since 2000? nobody can seem to point to an arena since then that a team relocated to that was 20 or 30 years old in the last decade. Everyone is talking about well back in the 70s the springfield civic center this and back in the day that happened lol. nobody point blank can show me a team in recent history that moved to an old venue. every team moved into a fairly new arena or one that just got finished being built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this