Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

The unbiased truth about Hartford Hockey

120 posts in this topic

Hartford Hockey can and will be saved when the affiliation change happens. Until then we just tread water and try to stay a float. I'm actually getting sick of people saying we HAVE to support what we have, that's just ridiculous. Even though I choose to support the current manifestation of the Wolf Pack, by no means do I actually HAVE to do so. It's my money and I will decide if it's worth the expense. There will be hockey in Hartford after the Rangers leave, no doubt in my mind. The only people pushing the notion that Hartford will have nothing in a post Rangers world are Rangers fans who don't want their farm team to leave. They are in the small minority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalers 4, I don't get it either. That IS the issue and the only issue. There should be no problem getting another affiliate team. The fact of the matter is way too much bad water has p*****ed under the bridge and like water, bad experiences with msg\rangers can not be pulled back. Good guys like evo don't get it or they have no problem accepting a franchise that has demonstrated total disregard for our history and our love for our NHL team, " The Hartford Whalers" which is in the title of this site. People like biggie and his 2 supporters have one and only one agenda, which is to erase any and every memory of the NHL Whalers in Hartford. By the way I forgot to repeat that Mr. biggie is a pathological liar telling fabricated stories about he and his family being verbally abused several times in several places and on several dates. That along with some of his p*****ed blogs tells me the guy is nuts and hate**l for some unknown reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, TC, the guy who wrote this is one of the Whalers fans that called my little sister a *****, and spit on Wolf Pack fans at games. He's been kicked out of Bridgeport, Hartford, and Springfield on multiple occasions for swearing at kids and fight with fans. He was even a Wolf Pack fan for a while when he was banned from the Arena at Harbor Yard. Him and his buddies go to games just to start trouble. They are known as the tWo, the Tiger World Order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The writer is *****uming that everyone is concerned about hockey in Hartford. Yet he makes it clear that this is not the case. Whaler fans don't care about the WolfPack, and if they left, most would say, "good riddance to bad rubbish'. And I question how many would really care if another minor-league team came in to replace the WP. Are they really going to support the baby Predators or baby Devils better than the baby Rangers? I doubt it, it's still the AHL. Whaler fans want 'their team' back, and that means the Hartford Whalers in the NHL.

 

Ranger/Pack fans have been hostile and arrogant about their team being here. Based on the comments on this board, I certainly have no desire to spend my time and money going to Hartford to be with people like this. Will they follow another AHL team if/when the WP leaves? Again, I doubt it. How many of these dedicated fans will go to Bridgeport to support their team if they move there?

 

Yes, hockey in Hartford is in tough shape. But I disagree that it's entirely the fault of the fans. Connecticut politicians were largely at fault for putting the Whalers in the hands of an owner who wanted to move the team. Then they immediately moved in an affiliate of a team that a lot of fans hated. Are the fans to be blamed for not wanting the product placed in front of them? Are the fans supposed to buy tickets to a team they don't like just to support Hartford hockey? That's insane. I haven't been to a game in Hartford since the Whalers left. If no team were to replace the WolfPack, it wouldn't make one bit of difference in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbiased was probably not the word he should have used.

 

The State is the number one reason why we don't have the NHL now the number two reason is the infighting lost fan base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalevolution wrote:

> Unbiased was probably not the word he should have used.

>

> The State is the number one reason why we don't have the NHL now the number

> two reason is the infighting lost fan base.

 

As for the cause for reason two, please see reason one. They let them in here to being with. Smarter choices in 1997 could have avoided 16 years of infighting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure there is always a chain of events a confluence of cir*****stances but REGARDLESS of those events or choices it was every fans individual choice to infight. The state can't make fans infight only fans can do that.

 

Even though I have participated I still find the infighting beyond DUMB IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalevolution wrote:

> Sure there is always a chain of events a confluence of cir*****stances but

> REGARDLESS of those events or choices it was every fans individual choice

> to infight. The state can't make fans infight only fans can do that.

>

> Even though I have participated I still find the infighting beyond DUMB IMO

 

How could anyone even think in 1997 that allowing (or agreeing to) the Rangers farm team in Hartford would be well received and/or supported by Whalers fans? Fans deciding to infight is dumb? What choice was there? Acceptance? Complacency? The state with their decision 16 years ago forced this situation upon us and they continue to fan the flames with current decisions that they have made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All it comes down to is CT is Bruins/Whalers territory, so why put a NY team smack dab in the middle? It's as simple and cut and dry as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalevolution wrote:

> Sure there is always a chain of events a confluence of cir*****stances but

> REGARDLESS of those events or choices it was every fans individual choice

> to infight. The state can't make fans infight only fans can do that.

>

> Even though I have participated I still find the infighting beyond DUMB IMO

 

Evo so you think if the Rangers weren't here there would still be this "infighting"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know too many Ranger fans but the few i do know said they would love for the Whalers to return and could careless about where the farm team plays, and from what i've seen on the internet and from what they've told me is that nearly all Ranger fans would also like to see the Whale return so to be fair there are only a few who want to see the Wolves occupy Hartford and the majority of Rag fans would like to see the Whalers back, it's another rival for them ...In fact i've never seen or met or heard anyone outside of CT say they don't want the Whalers back, isn't that a little strange?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whaleofatime wrote:

> Whalevolution wrote:

> > Sure there is always a chain of events a confluence of cir*****stances but

> > REGARDLESS of those events or choices it was every fans individual choice

> > to infight. The state can't make fans infight only fans can do that.

> >

> > Even though I have participated I still find the infighting beyond DUMB IMO

>

> Evo so you think if the Rangers weren't here there would still be this

> "infighting"?

 

There will always be people who won't agree with everything, it's human nature want things your own way. But I believe that any "out of area" neutral team would have been accepted and achieved a much higher level of support and success. Obviously Bruins fans will state their farm team would have done well in Hartford but they would be as wrong as the current Rangers fans are. The only farm teams I would see Whalers fans having an issue with and not **lly supporting in Hartford would be the Bruins, Rangers and Hurricanes farm teams. Although as previously mention on other threads, I don't think a Hartford Devils or Senators team will do so well either. We need an affiliation change yes, but not at the cost of just *****uming a Parent NHL teams identity. Take away Hartford identity and individualism and that also will spell failure long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalevolution wrote:

> Was surprised no one posted this.

>

>

>

> http://theunbiasedtruth1.blogspot.com/2013/09/hartford-hockey-new-englands-falling.html?m=1

 

It wasnt posted because the guy who wrote is an a hole. Hes nothing but a punk who causes trouble. Hes been kicked out of Hartford, B Port, etc for his rowdy behavior and antics. He is not unbiased, he hates the Wolf Pack with a p*****ion and disses them every chance he gets. Take his word with a grain of salt.

 

:twisted::twisted:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys really need to get over a couple fans being jack*****es, me being a giants fan can't even go to a football game in Philly because they will kick my ***** for being a giants fan. Packfan and biggie get over yourselves.. Sooner or later the rangers will leave and I'm hoping its sooner..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know right? As a Sox fan when i go to the Bronx for a game I hear all kinds of things but you know what? I don't care in fact i like it, it's not everyday you get that kind of excitement in your life and they're just words. Fans are fans and being a sports fan you need to learn to grow thick skin, CT people are notoriously reserved and easily offended and that is what the problem is here. Get over it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PlainvilleWhale wrote:

> Well there are more but yes they need to learn to get over it

 

Well, then get over your team leaving for North Carolina. I thought you guys hated it when Pack fans to you to get over your "Forever .500" team. I will not let any idiot Whalers fans spit on little girls, or call them w h o r e s because they are wearing Wolf Pack jerseys. I will not stand for some Whalers fans throwing food, and spilling drinks on people because they're wearing Wolf Pack stuff. It's my home arena, and it's sick that these idiots think they can tell people to get out of "their" building. Especially the ones that have boycotted Hartford for almost a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please biggie, spare the nonsense.. You were leaving when the rangers left remember.. And if that's the case no one would ever go tk games anywhere *****brick.. I'm sure and pretty darn positive your being a little dramatic there amd that's not entirely what happened.. Get over it is a nice way to put it..amd you are anti Hartford..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should ask for his side of the story, it's only fair since Biggie is throwing out accusations without the person being able to defend themselves. I'm positive it be far different from what Biggie is alleging and then we can decide for ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie we didn't boycott Hartford, we boycotted the Rangers. And that's not even as bad as the WP fans who turned their backs on the SAME team they supported from 97-10 but not when they turned to the Whale, those are the true idiots. :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie1083 wrote:

> PlainvilleWhale wrote:

> > Well there are more but yes they need to learn to get over it

>

> Well, then get over your team leaving for North Carolina. I thought you guys hated it

> when Pack fans to you to get over your "Forever .500" team. I will not let

> any idiot Whalers fans spit on little girls, or call them w h o r e s because they

> are wearing Wolf Pack jerseys. I will not stand for some Whalers fans throwing food,

> and spilling drinks on people because they're wearing Wolf Pack stuff. It's my home

> arena, and it's sick that these idiots think they can tell people to get out of

> "their" building. Especially the ones that have boycotted Hartford for

> almost a decade.

 

We are over our team leaving, No one here is saying "We want the Canes back" No because we want a new team that is our own with our own players not the Rangers players. Call us the forever 500's or whatever because that is fine at least our team played meaning**l games has a worldwide fan base and oh yeah was MAJOR LEAGUE. And if you expect me to believe that any of that b.s you are spitting has ever happened to you or anyone you are mistaking because well it is all untrue. lol Everytime i have been to a Wolf/Whale game there is about 1 person per section and the only chaos going on is a little kid spilling nachos on his dads lap... So stop trying to make up this Whaler/Wolf heated physical rivalry because it is beyond bull and trust me once the Rangers move to B-port "Your arena" will be Hartford's again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0