Whalevolution

If this very early trend continues......

Recommended Posts

PlainvilleWhale wrote:

> Its the weirdest thing Will I am the biggest Red Sox fan you'll ever meet

> but I could never like the Bruins and their fan's are the worst! I went to

> the SC parade ONLY because i was in town for a Sox game and I stood there

> trying to have **n while all the obnoxious B's fans celebrated a team they

> forgot existed 4 years before lol.... Maybe i'm just jealous but I Can't

> stand when a Boston or CT fans are in "Bruin Mode"

Dude same here. Huge sox fan here. Many of my buddies from home went to school up in boston and became bruin fans by default. I went to a couple games with them around the time I released myself from nhl purgatory and decided it was time to move on from the whalers and follow a team the exist. I was a bruins sympathizer for like a month. The feeling of being at a bruins game can be best described as "dirty". Like going out with a slutty girl becuase she's easy. Thank**lly I went to an isles game later that year and felt right again. Isles , Red Sox and the buffalo bills are my teams becuase I'm a glutton for punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much respect on being a Bill's fan that must be torture! lol Actually I'm thinking of going to my first Isle's game over winter break probably mid December just to get a feel plus the tix are insanely affordable on stubhub win,win will be in Whalers garb though lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what you mean with the whole "bruin mode" thing too. Part of me is like "well good , they're getting more people into the nhl so that's a good thing." Then you talk to these a-holes. Amazing how in 3 years they now know it all. They remind me a lot of ranger fans for the simple fact that they both win a cup every 40-45 years or so yet act like they've invent the sport of ice hockey. A buddy of mine and his girlfriend came with me to an isles game. She's I **ll bruins crap for a game against Tampa . Aw**l. She walks in and looks up at the banners and asks me how the isles have fans if they haven't won a cup since '84? I inform her that 48 months ago the bruins hadn't won a cup since '72. She didn't believe me and had to look it up on her phone. That's a ct bruin fan in a nuts****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PlainvilleWhale wrote:

> Much respect on being a Bill's fan that must be torture! lol Actually I'm

> thinking of going to my first Isle's game over winter break probably mid

> December just to get a feel plus the tix are insanely affordable on stubhub

> win,win will be in Whalers garb though lol

The bills c'mon . Made the Super Bowl every year I was in elemantry school. Also lost every year but whatever. Isles tickets being reasonable was one of the reasons I got into them. Arenas real easy to get to on the weekend . Always a ton of whaler jerseys in the building too so I think I'm not alone in my reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 4 tix to Wednesday nights game but we cannot attend, now boys, don't freak out, even though our butts won't be in the seats, we will be counted towards attendance for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> I'm going to Wednesday's game, so I'll let you guys know how empty it will

> be....

 

No need, I'm there every game so I'll get to see first hand as well. My guess is 1200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will5059 makes a lot a great sense about size of core fans group and size of casual fans group for hockey in ct. maybe size of core hockey fans group isnt as big as lots of us think cause when you look at some of crowds the whalers drew it was embarasing. my dad says there was playoff game against montreal with 6700 people at it and that is embar*****ing. 6700 for a playoff game is crazy bad. i know a lot of whalers teams were bad for lots of years but nobody can gaurantee winner every year so is new whalers team gonna have great crowds when Nhl team is winning and lousy crowds showing up for Nhl team when team is bad. and I mean lousy bad crowds cause 7000 or 8000 fans for a playoff team is a bout as low as Nhl playoff team has gotten ever and that was here in hartford. so was seasons with attendence of under 11000. I worry that rich business people who could be possible owners see them numbers and dont beleive hartford can be as good a Nhl city as we think it can be. ugh talking about this is depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> will5059 makes a lot a great sense about size of core fans group and size

> of casual fans group for hockey in ct. maybe size of core hockey fans group

> isnt as big as lots of us think cause when you look at some of crowds the

> whalers drew it was embarasing. my dad says there was playoff game against

> montreal with 6700 people at it and that is embar*****ing. 6700 for a playoff

> game is crazy bad. i know a lot of whalers teams were bad for lots of years

> but nobody can gaurantee winner every year so is new whalers team gonna

> have great crowds when Nhl team is winning and lousy crowds showing up for

> Nhl team when team is bad. and I mean lousy bad crowds cause 7000 or 8000

> fans for a playoff team is a bout as low as Nhl playoff team has gotten

> ever and that was here in hartford. so was seasons with attendence of under

> 11000. I worry that rich business people who could be possible owners see

> them numbers and dont beleive hartford can be as good a Nhl city as we

> think it can be. ugh talking about this is depressing.

 

Those attendances were inexcusable no doubt about that but even Winnipeg had instances of poor playoff attendance, just sayin. And you're right that we can't expect a winner every season but if a team comes back you can guarantee it will be more success**l than the Whalers were just for the simple fact of the shootout. The real benchmark for .500 for an NHL team nowadays is .560 because of that extra point. Only 6 teams failed to have a .500 record last season and only 2 I believe were more than 3 games under. The thing with the NHL is you could probably be one of the worse teams record wise but yet you can still draw if you play well at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at it like that yes it can be, but it's normal for most markets to have poor attendance with a lousy team.. But not going to blame the players, managent was the problem.. And there are many hardcore amd casual fans tk make it work. Love the way some people omit the strong fan case in the 80s amd go straight to the gutter.. Hartford was a money maker for the league..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> Whalers4Ever wrote:

> > Whalerdude11086 wrote:

> > > I'm going to Wednesday's game, so I'll let you guys know how empty it will

> > > be....

> >

> > No need, I'm there every game so I'll get to see first hand as well. My guess

> is

> > 1200.

>

> Well, at least you're not one of the hand**l of people boycotting the Wolf Pack.

 

The name "Hartford" is the most important part to me. Prefer the Whale? Yes! Boycott the Wolf Pack? No! Do I want a new NHL affiliate? YES! Am I going to stay away because of the Rangers? NO! I just know a love hockey night in Hartford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalers4Ever wrote:

"The name "Hartford" is the most important part to me. Prefer the Whale? Yes! Boycott the Wolf Pack? No! Do I want a new NHL affiliate? YES! Am I going to stay away because of the Rangers? NO! I just know a love hockey night in Hartford."

 

Sounds like you're enjoying the games. That's great.

 

That's how it should be, where those who want to go, go, & have a good time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes those who want to go can go and have a good time and at least one person who dont want to go can come on this website and make sarcastic remarks about people who do go having a spectacular view of the action from unobstructed view seats. and same person who doesn't go can make sarcastic remarks about how people who want to go wanted library and now they have it. and then that person who don't go but can't wait to make sarcasm at people who do go can whine like a child about whalevolution singleing him and his sarcastic comments out. hartfordyourmyhome you need to stop trying to say you are some mature and resonable person out here who is being picked on by whalevolution. you are not some voice of reason. you are a big instigater of trouble out here as big a troublemaker as anyone. so when you claim you arent you just give proof that you a phony hypocrit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> yes those who want to go can go and have a good time and at least one

> person who dont want to go can come on this website and make sarcastic

> remarks about people who do go having a spectacular view of the action from

> unobstructed view seats. and same person who doesn't go can make sarcastic

> remarks about how people who want to go wanted library and now they have

> it. and then that person who don't go but can't wait to make sarcasm at

> people who do go can whine like a child about whalevolution singleing him

> and his sarcastic comments out. hartfordyourmyhome you need to stop trying

> to say you are some mature and resonable person out here who is being

> picked on by whalevolution. you are not some voice of reason. you are a big

> instigater of trouble out here as big a troublemaker as anyone. so when you

> claim you arent you just give proof that you a phony hypocrit.

 

 

Clap...clap...clap.... :lol::lol: :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> yes those who want to go can go and have a good time and at least one

> person who dont want to go can come on this website and make sarcastic

> remarks about people who do go having a spectacular view of the action from

> unobstructed view seats. and same person who doesn't go can make sarcastic

> remarks about how people who want to go wanted library and now they have

> it. and then that person who don't go but can't wait to make sarcasm at

> people who do go can whine like a child about whalevolution singleing him

> and his sarcastic comments out. hartfordyourmyhome you need to stop trying

> to say you are some mature and resonable person out here who is being

> picked on by whalevolution. you are not some voice of reason. you are a big

> instigater of trouble out here as big a troublemaker as anyone. so when you

> claim you arent you just give proof that you a phony hypocrit.

 

WhalerChad can we clean up the punctuation and spelling a tad? Please consider making some sort of effort, it's always a struggle reading through your run on paragraphs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet no one has even said a word about the other party here.. Hymh is only defending what he believes in yet gets criticized by some people here, on the other hand people are free to roam and say what they want without prosecution..if you don't like what one has to say there chad, don't reply, it's very easy.. And you can by all means, but it will be met with resistance, and just because you don't believe dosnt mean he is wrong.. Packfan prosecutes all whaler fans and nothing is said to him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I don't understand your rant. Whatever your view or opinion of HYMH it's true that this is what Biggie, Packfan, WP98, Blubber wanted. They knew (even though they'd never admit it in a million years) that the Wolf Pack would draw poorer than the Whale yet they wanted their precious WP back and Whale brand dismantled. You have Biggie saying dozens of times he rather have 3,000 "true fans" vs. a larger crowd with more casuals so that completely torpedoes your argument. Oh and whatever you have going on with HYMH get over it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalerchad needs to lean to use a "." Or a "?" Or even a "!". I literally run out of breath reading his posts. **** I would prefer a "!!!!" Or a "????", witch usually drive me nuts. It's 2013 an iPhones already spellcheck for you dude. Throw me a bone once and a while and sprinkle some punctuation in. Bwahahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope this is better for you Whaleofatime and will5059. I will run a spellcheck on all of my posts from now on.

 

Yes, those who want to go can go and have a good time. And at least one person who doesn't want to go can come on this website and make sarcastic remarks about people who do go having a spectacular view of the action from unobstructed view seats. And the same person who doesn't go can make sarcastic remarks about how people who want to go wanted a library and now they have it. And then that person who doesn't go, but can't wait to make sarcasm at people who do go, can whine like a child about whalevolution singling him and his sarcastic comments out. hartfordyourmyhome you need to stop trying to say you are some mature and resonable person out here who is being picked on by whalevolution. You are not some voice of reason. You are a big instigator of trouble out here. As big a troublemaker as anyone. So when you claim you aren't you just give proof that you are a phony hypocrite.

 

My point stays the same. hartfordyourmyhome is as big a troublemaker as anyone out here and his remarks like "those who want to go, go & have a good time" don't hide fact that he is a troublemaker. And when he whines about whalevolution singling him out, he is a hypocrite acting like a victim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> Hope this is better for you Whaleofatime and will5059. I will run a

> spellcheck on all of my posts from now on.

>

> Yes, those who want to go can go and have a good time. And at least one

> person who doesn't want to go can come on this website and make sarcastic

> remarks about people who do go having a spectacular view of the action from

> unobstructed view seats. And the same person who doesn't go can make

> sarcastic remarks about how people who want to go wanted a library and now

> they have it. And then that person who doesn't go, but can't wait to make

> sarcasm at people who do go, can whine like a child about whalevolution

> singling him and his sarcastic comments out. hartfordyourmyhome you need to

> stop trying to say you are some mature and resonable person out here who is

> being picked on by whalevolution. You are not some voice of reason. You are

> a big instigator of trouble out here. As big a troublemaker as anyone. So

> when you claim you aren't you just give proof that you are a phony

> hypocrite.

>

> My point stays the same. hartfordyourmyhome is as big a troublemaker as

> anyone out here and his remarks like "those who want to go, go &

> have a good time" don't hide fact that he is a troublemaker. And when

> he whines about whalevolution singling him out, he is a hypocrite acting

> like a victim.

Ramble ramble ramble blah blah blah blah blah nonsense balogna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote: Hymh is only defending what he believes in yet gets criticized by some people here

How is making sarcastic remarks about people who go to wolfpack games having a spectacular view of the action from unobstructed view seats "defending what he believes in"? That is bull jersey. it is not defending anything. It is just making wise remarks about people who go to wolfpack games.

 

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote: if you don't like what one has to say there chad, don't reply

And if Hartfordyourmyhome doesn't like what somebody like Packfan has to say then Hartfordyourmyhome doesn't have to reply, But he does. And he does it with sarcasm. Then he acts like he is a victim. Which makes him a troublemaker and a hypocrite and a phony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will5059 wrote:Ramble ramble ramble blah blah blah blah blah nonsense balogna.

You only think that cause I don't kiss hartfordyourmyhome's ***** like you are willing to do. I told it like it is. hartfordyourmyhome is a sarcastic punk trouble maker who tries to act like he is a reasonable mature person out here. hartfordyourmyhome acts like a victim being singled out by whalevolution. hartfordyourmyhome is a phony who likes playing he is a victim even though he loves being sarcastic to people who do not agree with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalerChad wrote:

> will5059 wrote:Ramble ramble ramble blah blah blah blah blah nonsense

> balogna.

> You only think that cause I don't kiss hartfordyourmyhome's ***** like you

> are willing to do. I told it like it is. hartfordyourmyhome is a sarcastic

> punk trouble maker who tries to act like he is a reasonable mature person

> out here. hartfordyourmyhome acts like a victim being singled out by

> whalevolution. hartfordyourmyhome is a phony who likes playing he is a

> victim even though he loves being sarcastic to people who do not agree with

> him.

 

8-)8-):mrgreen::mrgreen: clap...clap...clap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now